1.    #1  
    I am not sure what I did, but I have multiple folders for treo pictures.

It goes: DCIM
    Treo TN
    DCIM
    Personal
    DCIM Personal Treo TN
    Personal

This is a mess! How do I fix it? I cannot get any pictures when a contact rings. Do they have to be in RAM, or can they be on the SD card? Thanks in advance for your help.
    On my Treo, the dir looks like this:

/DCIM/Treo_TN/DCIM/

Thus I don't have the personal dir as you seem to have. Does the tree stop there or does it go on infinitely? If so, you may have dir error on you card you should use a disk utility like norton or something on your card to fix it...

In regards to pic contacts, the pic must be in ram for it to work with contacts...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    The tree goes on and on. How do I fix it and not lose my pictures? Thanks for trying to help!
    rcyphermd,
    I had multiple subfolders like that and I resolved it this way. I don't know if this is an official resolution but it worked for me:
    1. Move all pictures from RAM to the card.
    2. Verify that all my pictures (jpegs) reside in the /DCIM directory using McFile (or Filez -- I can't remember now).
    3. Delete all of the other directories after /DCIM
    4. Bring up the Picture app.
    DCIM/Treo_TN/DCIM/ was recreated.
    5. Move or copy pictures I want in RAM from the card and categorize them.
  5.    #5  
    I did that and it worked! Thanks! One more question: where is RAM do I move the pictures that I want to use for caller picture?
    Just move the jpegs back to the handheld the same way you moved them from RAM to card. In the camera app, select the card from the dropdown list to view your jpegs in the card. Select the picture you want to move to RAM and select 'move' from the menu and follow the prompts. Hope this answers your question.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  7.    #7  
    Thanks guys for your help! It worked. I think when I did a hard reset and reloaded everything I somehow got the extra folders. Thanks again.
    Hi, I am new to this forum and the Treo 600 so please be patient with me for I am trying to learn, but I am not sure I am understanding the concept of the Picture ID for callers. I have some great pics I want to use for that but I don't know if I can use the ones I already have on a cd or I have to download certain ones just for that. I downloaded a program called Fotogather into my Treo and I can view these gifs and jepegs from that, but I can't figure out how to get them into the Treo pictures if that is what has to be done in order to assign them, I cannot find them on the Treo other than in the Fotogather program, so am I doing something wrong or can it not be done that way? Thankx for any help in advance!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanne4cats
    Hi, I am new to this forum and the Treo 600 so please be patient with me for I am trying to learn, but I am not sure I am understanding the concept of the Picture ID for callers. I have some great pics I want to use for that but I don't know if I can use the ones I already have on a cd or I have to download certain ones just for that. I downloaded a program called Fotogather into my Treo and I can view these gifs and jepegs from that, but I can't figure out how to get them into the Treo pictures if that is what has to be done in order to assign them, I cannot find them on the Treo other than in the Fotogather program, so am I doing something wrong or can it not be done that way? Thankx for any help in advance!!!

The pics have to be in ram in order to be used as Picture ID. This simplest way to transfer them to ram is to hotsync them from your desktop. There should be a Treo Picture folder on your desktop. If you click on that and then your user name ID, there should be a 'Transfer' folder. Simply copy/paste the pics you have on CD or whatever into that folder and they will be transfered over to your Treo the next time you hotsync. Then you can view them with Treo Pic viewer and assign them as Pic Caller ID. However, I would advise you to to first resize the images to 160x160 resulotion to save space. There are various free utilities like Infranview that can resize images fyi...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions