1.    #1  
    I work for a large company that uses RIM technology. We use old Exchange servers (non-2003) and I know RIM for palm is on the Horizon.

I am leaning more toward the 6601 but the fact that Palm seems to have something cooking with RIM would push me back to the 650.

My question to you experts: Would it be better to go with the 650 in hopes of Blackberry- like functionality or the 6601 and hope it works with our excange servers?

Thanks in Advance-

B. Lucas
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    I work for a large company that uses RIM technology. We use old Exchange servers (non-2003) and I know RIM for palm is on the Horizon.

I am leaning more toward the 6601 but the fact that Palm seems to have something cooking with RIM would push me back to the 650.

My question to you experts: Would it be better to go with the 650 in hopes of Blackberry- like functionality or the 6601 and hope it works with our excange servers?

Thanks in Advance-

B. Lucas

The Versamail client bundled with the Treo 650 will already have wireless activesync with exchange builtin out the box! Furthermore, the Blackberry Connect PalmOs client should be available soon as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    The Versamail client bundled with the Treo 650 will already have wireless activesync with exchange builtin out the box! Furthermore, the Blackberry Connect PalmOs client should be available soon as well...
    Not unless you have exchange 2003 will you have wireless activesync. He doesnt have 2003.

dcopperfield: does your company have bb already?
    RIM is BB
  5.    #5  
    my company (Warner Bros.) has Blackberry support.

Unfortunately, I like the 6601 as I can schedule appointments and the nice mesh with Outlook.

I truly like the 650 better (in terms of form factor and non-stylus operation.)

I was under the assumption the 6601 would give me exchange activesync built- in functionality.

Thanks for your replies.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    my company (Warner Bros.) has Blackberry support.

Unfortunately, I like the 6601 as I can schedule appointments and the nice mesh with Outlook.

I truly like the 650 better (in terms of form factor and non-stylus operation.)

I was under the assumption the 6601 would give me exchange activesync built- in functionality.

Thanks for your replies.
    At present, there is no BB client for Palm OS or PPC. Both have been promised and are suposed to be available sometime in the begining of 05. I believe it is call Blackberry Connect and a lot of people are anxiously awaiting it's release.
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev
    At present, there is no BB client for Palm OS or PPC. Both have been promised and are suposed to be available sometime in the begining of 05. I believe it is call Blackberry Connect and a lot of people are anxiously awaiting it's release.
    Dcopperfield: If you want the 650, and you are sure of that, the BB client for palm will be out in January. The PPC, Symbian, PALM, versions of the client are all being launched then. The beta version of the PPC BB client can be downloaded now though..
    half an hour ago I had this beauty in my hand - an improved 6601 - its called the XDAIIs over here - with built in wifi and lots of goodies:

http://www.platinumpda.com/product.d...g=th&id=249888

but couldnt get accustomed to the shape - doesnt really feel like a phone. has a lot of power inside, but still ...

costs about 900 usd over here in thailand
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    Dcopperfield: If you want the 650, and you are sure of that, the BB client for palm will be out in January. The PPC, Symbian, PALM, versions of the client are all being launched then. The beta version of the PPC BB client can be downloaded now though..
    Where can the beta be downloaded from and does it run on the PDA2K?
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev
    Where can the beta be downloaded from and does it run on the PDA2K?
    Yes on PDA2k. Look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/inde...964ec0b950949a
    Does the PDA2K have flash backed memory? I remember back in the days when I used a Dell PPC when the battery went (and sometimes the backup battery (if I left it for a few weeks) getting everything restored was a real pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrenner
    Does the PDA2K have flash backed memory? I remember back in the days when I used a Dell PPC when the battery went (and sometimes the backup battery (if I left it for a few weeks) getting everything restored was a real pain.
    Yes. There is a built-in storage card that survives hard resets (64mb). If for whatever reason your primary battery looses all its power, and then the backup battery (internal) looses its power.. then you effectivly have a hard reset on your device. In this case you just restore (built-in backup software) from the built-in storage card. You can also do the same with a SD card. Up to you.