Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Waiting for a BlueTooth-headset fix, as well. Sounds like a nice product for wired headsets, but without Treo650 BT support, it is fairly useless to me.

- iccusion
    I use a SE HBH-660 and disagree with these extreme comments about usefulness to BT users. Even without BT support (which I agree is essential), it is still an excellent app!
    Am i correct in reading that some of you have somehow programed the side enter button to start up the voice app so that you can then use the bt headset ? i dont like a 2nd button push but thats better then nothing.
    Damn. Spoke with VoiceSignal's BusDev Mgr again checking in for progress on a VoiceDial release for the T600. He tells me that it is on their to-do list but they are marching to the drumbeat that PalmOne is drumming. They are still working on an update for the T650 and then have another update planned on the 650 thereafter. He couldn't even speculate on a start date for the T600 project. Quite disappointing. He did suggest I email PalmOne heavily whereas he knows they could alter their priorities and make the T600 release a concurrent priority with their T650 work. So, that being said, please join me in emailing PalmOne to apply a little pressure for a VoiceDial release on the T600. http://palmone.com/us/company/contacts.html
    Treo650
    I quickly tried out the standard VoiceDialer by Grove Indus.(DL'ed from PalmGear)for a couple of hours before I deceided to purchase. I then saw this Voice Dialer Pro version on Groveind.com and I just purchased it thinking it would work as well as it did on the trial Standard version. I am having major problems. I see some members on the groveind.com forum are having similar trouble but I dont see any solid fixes.

Member Mooser:"The program is not recognizing that I am recording a voice command. The status remains on listening. When I tap the play button I get no sound. If I tap the record button again I get a message that a voice command already exists. Do I wish to overwrite it. I do that and get nowhere."

That is my exact trouble. What do I do. I've already paid $34.95 for it.

Thanks!!

I also posted my problem on the groveind.com website. I'm just crossing my fingers.
    [FONT=Fixedsys]undefined[/undefinedFONT]undefined
    John
    Qwest Communications
    Seattle
    Don't you already have VoiceDial bundled in your Treo650? I think you're talking about "VoiceDialer" from Groverind, right? I believe this thread is about VoiceDial from VoiceSignal which is a competitive product.
    oooops...i'll have to start a new thread then...
    My appologies.

John
    [FONT=Fixedsys]undefined[/undefinedFONT]undefined
    John
    Qwest Communications
    Seattle
    Ok from this thread i endevored that some people were using BT headsets by :

#1) Hitting the button on headset to activate phone
    #2) Hitting side button on phone to activate vdial
    #3) Saying "call joe blow" and having it dial

Steps #1 and 2 work just fine but at least with my scala nothing i say into the hadset works for getting the software to dial it only pics up from the mic on the treo itself ?
    Any update on when a BT patch will be available for this to work?
    Does anyone have anything at all on this???

Quote Originally Posted by csherman
    Apologies if this has been asked (or answered) before. Has anyone with an "extension" in a phone number that is listed as for example "x123" have the problem of the number + the extension being dialed, thereby making the dialed number incorrect? In other words, if the number was listed as: (999) 444-3333 x123, VoiceDial will attempt to connect to 9994443333123. I have tried placing commas, but that doesn't seem to help....

Also, does anyone know the answer to the question asked by talkin73 and Jefferson regarding why the headsets don't work with VoiceDial? Thanks gang!
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Quote Originally Posted by jguadiz
    Treo650
    I quickly tried out the standard VoiceDialer by Grove Indus.(DL'ed from PalmGear)for a couple of hours before I deceided to purchase. I then saw this Voice Dialer Pro version on Groveind.com and I just purchased it thinking it would work as well as it did on the trial Standard version. I am having major problems. I see some members on the groveind.com forum are having similar trouble but I dont see any solid fixes.

Member Mooser:"The program is not recognizing that I am recording a voice command. The status remains on listening. When I tap the play button I get no sound. If I tap the record button again I get a message that a voice command already exists. Do I wish to overwrite it. I do that and get nowhere."

That is my exact trouble. What do I do. I've already paid $34.95 for it.

Thanks!!

I also posted my problem on the groveind.com website. I'm just crossing my fingers.
    Hello,

This issue has been addressed with VD Pro 1.0.2. for the Treo. Please visit our web site for posting to our forums and getting the new version if you have not already have it.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Quote Originally Posted by surferboy
    I have an HCB-30 installed in my car. Very slick- radio shuts off for outgoing and incoming calls. I installed it back when I was using the Sony Ericcsson T608. When initiating an outgoing call- you simply pressed a button on the dash (the remote for the HCB-30). Never had to remove eyes from the road. It apparently invoked the long dial function on the phone: if you pressed and held this button, it gets you into the phones voice recognition system. Unfortunately, the Treo 650 does not have a similar function. I find that the HCB works wonderfully with the phone for receiving phone calls- and even initiating them. However, you have to initiate them from the phone- a step that involves taking your eyes off the road for a moment.

Does anyone else have any experience with this or words of wisdom on making the unit work using the remote for outgoing calls?
    Does Voice Signal work with your HCB-30 and Treo650?
    can anyone clarify for me one question about this application (which sounds amazing, despite the BT caveat!)... does the 'dial from contacts list' feature only work from the standard Palm Contacts program? or can it find and dial contacts from alternate applications for keeping track of contacts? and if so, which alternates work? thx in advance all..!
    Quote Originally Posted by riekl
    Ok from this thread i endevored that some people were using BT headsets by :

#1) Hitting the button on headset to activate phone
    #2) Hitting side button on phone to activate vdial
    #3) Saying "call joe blow" and having it dial

Steps #1 and 2 work just fine but at least with my scala nothing i say into the hadset works for getting the software to dial it only pics up from the mic on the treo itself ?
    Let's try this question another way: where does VoiceDial pick up the voice command from? The bluetooth headset's mic or the Treo 650's?
    The Treo's mic
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Just ordered it. Yes, I agree with others, even without using the Sony Ericsson HBH-660 Bluetooth headset, it's still very useful. And it will be all the more useful once the update for the Treo 650 is out.

fingers crossed.
    Swingline: everthing works well, except that in order to initiate a phone call, I have to use the phone, and not the little button that comes with the HCB-30
    Thanks surfer, that's good to know. I should be getting mine tmw.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast