Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Wow, I just tried Voice Dial by Voice Signal tonight. While I haven't tried it in various noise conditions yet, I'm stunned! So far it has been 100% for each name and number I've given it. When using voice tags on Nokias I've used it isn't even close to this even in the same room I recorded the tags in. If they can bluetooth headset support there will be no contest. I'll try it for another day or so, but unless some major problem occurs this looks like a must have for the Treo 650!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    how many posts have the same name and topic?
    threem four five times plus trying to confuse the two voice dial name is enough
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by hysmith
    Actually, I have a question. I relied heavily on voice dialing on my old handset, and didn't even wait to try the trial version but went straight to purchasing the full install. Now it seemed to install itself just fine, but when I fire it up, it goes to the "please wait" screen with a message about indexing my contacts.

There it sits.

I've let it run for 30 minutes or more. I don't have anything close to 3000 contacts, yet it never gets past that screen. Is this an isolated occurence, or has anyone else reported this?

Scott
    (also eagerly awaiting a handsfree patch...)
    I had the same problem. It is a memory issue. If you move some programs (from the Applications screen, menu, copy) and move as many as you can to an SD card. You can also clear your cache from the browser, (menu, advanced tab)
    Just an FYI with VoiceSignal's VoiceDial for the Treo 650: no training is necessary to call names in your address book, but you can train the numbers if you want to. It takes about 2 minutes. Like everyone else, I'm batting close to 100% on calling names from the contacts app. Numbers are 100% after training, and you can say a phone number as quickly as you desire. As for accuracy, we were in a pizza joint last night with about a half million screaming kids. I was showing VoiceDial to some friends of ours, and it was still batting about 99% on names and 75% on which of several numbers to dial. I couldn't even hear myself think so this was pretty amazing! The other good news is Treo 650 users can try it for free with ALL the functionality. But I think you will probably buy it once you try it especially if you have a lot of entries in your contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    VST1, thanks very much for your input on this thread. I like your software and found it worked well when speaking into them mic. However, on the stock Treo wired headset, I got very poor results. This was while driving my car with windows up, music off (as quiet as it can be). Any thoughts on this?

Also, I have all system sounds to vibrate as I do NOT want my handheld making noise when I'm with patients. The 650 has a volume on OR off button at the top of it. With volume off, there is NO prompt from VS during dialing and no audible confirmation/clarification. If I turn the volume switch on, then the audio feedback from VS comes out the speaker instead of the earpiece! I really want to use your product, but my dilemma is the following: I want feedback from the software before it dials, to avoid calling the wrong person. But, the only feedback I seem to be able to get is a loud voice coming out my speakerphone which is unacceptable to me (I can think of no situation in which I want everyone around me to know who I am calling or even that I am making a phone call). Is there a way to have the program feedback come through the earpiece like all other mobile phones?

Thanks very much!
    I too am curious about this issue....why is it that the promps and feedback come out of the speaker instead of the earpiece, and is there any way to change that? It makes no sense to me....
    Quote Originally Posted by sleight42
    Again, still can't run VoiceDial without it hanging on "Please wait...". Please tell me that SOMEONE has a clue how to solve this problem? Clearly I'm not the only one out here suffering this...
    When I first installed, I couldn't get it to work at all. It wouldn't recognize anything I said. When, I asked it to update my contacts I got an error code (don't ask me what it said b/c I can't remember). But a couple of weeks ago, I had to do a hard reset. I re-installed VoiceDial and it worked perfectly without any training. I use it all of the time and it very rarely makes a mistake.
    My Treo 650 cost an extra $20. Can't imagine it without this feature...

I've tried Voice Launcher and Grover -- this is the best so far. The developer's economic/engineering mass plus market/technical intimacy with PalmOne, virtually guarantee that we'll get Bluetooth compatibility.

I have Logitech and Jabra BT headsets (free), and at the CES will probably get more in my search for Nirvana. Wouldn't surprise me to find that the 650's BT problems are solved soon thereafter.
    I propose we should all adopt the convention of calling this app just "Voice Signal" as it's official name confuses it w/ the app by Grover called "Voice Dialer." Just a thought.

Has anyone tried this w/ an installed car BT kit like the Ericsson HCB-30 or the Parrot CK3000? I'm assuming it has the same limitations as BT headsets.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryE
    My Treo 650 cost an extra $20. Can't imagine it without this feature...

I've tried Voice Launcher and Grover -- this is the best so far. The developer's economic/engineering mass plus market/technical intimacy with PalmOne, virtually guarantee that we'll get Bluetooth compatibility.
    Same here. Easily the best app I've found for the 650, and easily worth the extra $20.
    I found that with VoiceDial it doesn't recognize my numbers that have the code *82 before the number, which I use for many because my default on my phone is caller id blocking. I use the *82 code to disable caller id blocking for those I want to see me come up on their screen. Any ideas for a fix or why that would be?
    Didn't they say this app would be available for the 600 before the new year?

Any info?

Thanks,
    T
    I am having the exact same issue. If I put a *82 in front of the number in contacts, Voice Signal does not offer it as a choice to dial.

I can't beleive that they did not address this when developing the product. I keep my outgoing number unpublished (no caller ID) and if for people that I don't mind if they know my number I put a *82 in front of it.

Are Treo600guy and I the only ones that do this? If so, there is no hope that Voice Signal will address the problem
    I have an HCB-30 installed in my car. Very slick- radio shuts off for outgoing and incoming calls. I installed it back when I was using the Sony Ericcsson T608. When initiating an outgoing call- you simply pressed a button on the dash (the remote for the HCB-30). Never had to remove eyes from the road. It apparently invoked the long dial function on the phone: if you pressed and held this button, it gets you into the phones voice recognition system. Unfortunately, the Treo 650 does not have a similar function. I find that the HCB works wonderfully with the phone for receiving phone calls- and even initiating them. However, you have to initiate them from the phone- a step that involves taking your eyes off the road for a moment.

Does anyone else have any experience with this or words of wisdom on making the unit work using the remote for outgoing calls?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sleight42
    Again, still can't run VoiceDial without it hanging on "Please wait...". Please tell me that SOMEONE has a clue how to solve this problem? Clearly I'm not the only one out here suffering this...
    I'm having the same problem. It worked for a minute, then it stopped. I think it my have something to do with zlauncher installed on the unit but not total sure. I like it and would purchase it if I could get it to work.
    --Don
    Apologies if this has been asked (or answered) before. Has anyone with an "extension" in a phone number that is listed as for example "x123" have the problem of the number + the extension being dialed, thereby making the dialed number incorrect? In other words, if the number was listed as: (999) 444-3333 x123, VoiceDial will attempt to connect to 9994443333123. I have tried placing commas, but that doesn't seem to help....

Also, does anyone know the answer to the question asked by talkin73 and Jefferson regarding why the headsets don't work with VoiceDial? Thanks gang!
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    I found that with VoiceDial it doesn't recognize my numbers that have the code *82 before the number, which I use for many because my default on my phone is caller id blocking. I use the *82 code to disable caller id blocking for those I want to see me come up on their screen. Any ideas for a fix or why that would be?
    Does anyone know if/when they will ever fix this bug? Is there anyone from the company that monitors these forums like some other good programmers do?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Tre600 support?

Grrrrrrrrr

T
    You guys really find that much use for this app ? I know about 7 treo 650 users .. 6 of us use BT headsets making this app absolutely worthless .. from what i've seen on these boards i figured close to 50% of 650 users used BT ..

There is just no good reason that an app like this should come out and not work for a large portion of the customer base at all.
    yeah, without BT support, it is not that useful to me...
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Is there a date for the BT patch?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast