Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    VoiceDialer PRO by Grover Industry will be released on Monday. Features that you will not believe or even possible.
    Ahem.

First, way to hijack the topic.

Second, after briefly looking at the features, the program that you so brazenly advertise in the middle of this conversation requires training on a per user basis. All that, and it too does not support bluetooth headsets. I'm not the least bit impressed.

Consider yourself justifiably flamed.

We now return to you to the topic at hand of Voice Signal's VoiceDial. Thank you.
    I have a problem where not only does it index but sometimes it idnt there.. doesnt say say acommand and comes up with just settings and help as options nothing else.
    I am *very* impressed with this product. It took no setup or training, it was intuitive and I wish all palm apps were more so. I just wish it could launch applications, too... can it?
    I'm pretty impressed too...but wished the program had a little more confidence in its own abilities! Every time I tell it to "Call John Doe Mobile" - or whatever name and number type - it seems to recognize it most of the time...but before it dials that number it always shows it in the list of numbers for that contact (with the correct one highlighted), and asks me "Did you say Call?". YES! YES! THAT'S WHAT I SAID

Is this based on a setting that I missed somewhere? I just want it to dial the darn number...not first confirm it.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Hi. Can't wait for Voice Signal to come out for the T600!
    Again, still can't run VoiceDial without it hanging on "Please wait...". Please tell me that SOMEONE has a clue how to solve this problem? Clearly I'm not the only one out here suffering this...
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott

Whats voice signal and where is it?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'm going to chime in hear, since it *is* rather confusing, and I have a sense of what is going on.

Within a very short period of time, there are suddenly *3* apps that do voice dialing: Voice Launcher, Voice Dialer, and Voice Signal (Voice Signal currenly only works with the 650, but will work with the 600 shortly). As a disclaimer, I have a 600 and have tried the first 2. I am helping with beta testing of Voice Dialer, but have no interest in the company, other than wanting to see good products get better.

At this point, I have to honestly say that Voice Dialer (by Noel Grover) is the best one available for the 600. I understand the latest version just released (1.1) now has the noise filtering in place, so can be used in the car, etc. There is a "pro" version which will be out soon, and I can tell you it is looking *very* good. Recognition in the car is excellent. What is also clear is that the developer is *seriously* at work actively improving this daily.

Voice Signal is now available only for the 650. It also looks very promising, in that it does *not* require any voice training (if you speak English!). The idea of having the entire contact database immediately available for voice dialing sounds great. However, it is a *huge* app (1.2 megs), so that may be an issue for some.

Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    Whats voice signal and where is it?
    The following is from p1's download site for VoiceSignal:

Treo™ Voice Dialing by VoiceSignal for Treo 650 allows you to place phone calls with the sound of your voice:

* Dial any person in your Contacts list by name ("Call Bob Jones at home)
    * Dial digits by naturally speaking any phone number ("Call six-five-oh, five-five-five, one-two-three-four")

Treo Voice Dialing's powerful "speaker independent" technology does not require samples of your speech in order to work. This means you can start voice dialing immediately -- no lengthy setup. Try Treo Voice Dialing free for 14 days, then purchase the application from palmOne to continue using it.

---

The developer is currently working on a version for the Treo 600. Stay tuned.
    Again, still can't run VoiceDial without it hanging on "Please wait...".
    I posted that question here, and sent a message to VoiceSignal's own support site a week ago. Their online support promises a reply in two business days. I've received no reply. If I don't get an answer soon I'm going to start Amex's online fraud claim and go to a different solution.

Hi Folks - I am with the software developer VoiceSignal and I would be happy to try and help clarify as many questions as I can... I will try to check this thread daily to see if anything comes up
    It'd be nice if what you said was what happened here. The silence from all directions does not bode well for future service and support.
    Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. --Greg Bear
    Oooookidokie. I have been playing with this app for a bit now, and I am suitably impressed. Like mirado says: "It just works"! For me at least. Definitely buying this app. I have to say though....moving from Windows Mobile to Palm has been fine OS wise...but I do have to spend WAY more money on add-ons!!
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott
    On one of the other threads, a rep from VoiceSignal (was he really?) said that VioceSignal was ready for the 600 and that we all should Email PalmOne to add whatever pressure we could.

Like you MSGOTT, I am ready as I used it (Voice Dial by VoiceSignal) on my wife's Samsung a670, and it not only recognized my voice but hers tooo. Sweet.

Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by hysmith
    I posted that question here, and sent a message to VoiceSignal's own support site a week ago. Their online support promises a reply in two business days. I've received no reply. If I don't get an answer soon I'm going to start Amex's online fraud claim and go to a different solution.

It'd be nice if what you said was what happened here. The silence from all directions does not bode well for future service and support.
    I think your frustration is understandable. The rep from the company did not check back and has provided no answer to the myriad questions... assuming the person was actually a rep from the company! It wouldn't be the first time someone misrepresented themself on the forum
    I have tried voice signal and was not impressed for me I find voice dialer has the best recognition and the new version has noice reduction
    Fred
    I agree with fkpalm, the new Voice Dialer is working very well. I just wish that they would be able to support headsets (wired or wireless). That would be fantastic. . . and yes, I know that this support is coming with the "Pro" version, but I have no patience

:-)
    Voice Dialer is coming along very well. I have been using the pro version for a couple of days with moderate success. It handles phone numbers, applications, and some system commands.

Ben
    Voice Signal's VoiceDial arbitrarily started working for me yesterday. Almost the coolest thing since sliced bread! Love it!
    I found that VoiceSignal's VoiceDial works very well....as long as you speak up!
    Of the (one) applications that do what VoiceDial does, it's certainly the best. The response is quick and accurate, and it gives all the right feedback.

Perhaps I'm more irritated than others at the rough UI, however. On a 320x320 screen, these graphics should be much sharper. Instead, it looks like Duck Hunt for the NES. I'm beginning to relax about low-res programs on the high-resolution 650 display, but it seems like an app available only for the 650 would go ahead and use nicer graphics.

Even more annoying is the volume of the prompts. With a wired headset, the software screams in your ear for you to speak a command. I instinctively went for my volume buttons, but they only changed the ringer volume. Strangely, an option to soften the volume does exist, but it applies only to the name confirmation. All the other prompts are always at maximum volume. Why would I not want all prompts at the same volume? And why would I not want this volume to be the same as my in-call volume? How about just setting VoiceDial's volume... to the in-call volume setting?

Otherwise, given that Grover's app requires pre-recording voice tags, and Voice Launcher isn't much of a phone book, I guess Voice Dial wins in a class by itself. Even if it is uncontested.
    Voice Dialer Pro 1.0.0
    Voice Dialer Pro is the premier voice recognition solution for the Treo® 600 and Treo® 650. It enables the user to dial any phone number, launch any application, or initiate a wide variety of system commands (i.e. Find, Create New Memo, Fetch Email, etc…) by simply using their voice.

Benefits :
    * Increases driver safety.
    * Allows the user to utilize exsiting add-ons (i.e. Headsets and Car Kits).
    * Saves time in dialing and navigation.
    * No need to subscribe to voicedial services with wireless carrier.
    * Incredibly Small Memory Footprint (200K)

Features :
    * Works with any spoken language.
    * Freedom to issue voice commands from any running application.
    * Allows Headset and ear piece support.
    * Works great in the car and nosiy environments.
    * Flexiblity to launch applications, system commands, and voice dialing.

http://www.groverind.com
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast