Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    This app is killer. I'm playing with it right now on my 650..
    Uhhhh WHAT? Are you holding out on us? How'd you get a 650? Review model?
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by curtarmy
    You guys are right the VoiiceDial feature is amaX
    Okay, this is WAAAY off topic, but with Miradu here I thought I might get an answer. Why does this post look like this? Mine often does it too, but only when posting FROM the Treo. I've wanted to bring it to someone's attention for awhile.
    Oh, and great news about the Voice Signal software working so well, but no BT support makes it pointless to me.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Tears of joy almost came out of my eyes when I read mirabu's review. :')
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Okay, this is WAAAY off topic, but with Miradu here I thought I might get an answer. Why does this post look like this? Mine often does it too, but only when posting FROM the Treo. I've wanted to bring it to someone's attention for awhile.
    Oh, and great news about the Voice Signal software working so well, but no BT support makes it pointless to me.
    Dr. you are right, this is the second time my post has been truncaded, and both times it happened when I posted from my treo without any noticable interruption On the Treo end.

I am also amazed that there isn't much posted about this offering from Voice Signal, and also people asking for it to be released on the 600.

Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    This app is killer. I'm playing with it right now on my 650.. It's a 30 day trial..$19.99 for the final version (not bad at all) the registration is cool, as it's all integrated into the treo.. no pc needed, number dialing works for free always, contact name dialing is what the $20 is for.

What a great way to go to bed, lets hope they can get this working on bluetooth headsets- this should have been built into the Treo in the first place.
    But does it work with other languages other than English?
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    From the company's homepage, a Time magazine review (referenced on left side) suggests that voice dialing using a BT headset is actually an advantage offered by this software. It would seem odd that BT support is lacking only on the Treo 650. I emailed the company to get feedback on this issue and would be interested to hear from others if they have had any success with a BT headset. I doubt I would purchase voice dialing software that did not work with BT headsets after spending $599 to upgrade my Treo... so I'll keep fingers crossed on this one.
    Here's the reply I received from the software company when I asked about making BT headset compatibility with the T650:

Joshua,

Our application currently works with Bluetooth, but it is up to PalmOne to actually enable BT to be compatible with our application.* Thy have intentions of enabling BT to work with Voice Dialing in the future.*

Regards,
    Sarah

It's almost funny that the software only works with the T650 (not T600) and that bluetooth is a premier new feature on the T650... but P1 hasn't enabled the T650 to use bluetooth with the software they are endorsing on their site (pause for a brief giggle). Hopefully, it's only the preliminary test units that don't work with the software and that final release versions will. Shouldn't be too hard to get P1 to fix this even if it does't work OOTB with the T650... or will it?
    Spoke with their Bus Dev person this afternoon who's office is coincidentally not too far away from my home. He tells me that they've been busy for the Treo 650 release but plan on releasing a version for the Treo 600 very soon. He hopes before the end of the year. The app works directly with the PalmOne contact db and can dial any number among that db's pre-defined fields (Work, Home, Mobile, etc). There will be a free version of the software that enables users to dial phone numbers by voice ("six, one, seven,.....") and the licensed version will tap the contact db and enable voice dialing ("John Smith Mobile") without any learning required. Software registation is believed to be $19.95 USD. Upgrade costs/renewals uncertain.

This person was not certain if VoiceSignal:
    1. would work from the SD card
    2. would not conflict with other popular phone apps

Cannot wait for this app. Except for the amount of memory this thing needs (at least 1 meg) it sounds like the perfect in-car/hands-free dialing solution especially if PalmOne enables BT headset compatibility.
    Great News Beantown! I have been so impressed with the voice program in my wife's Samsung a670, this will be great and worth the wait. Go VoiceSignal!
    Thanks for the heads up on the Treo 600.
    Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    A few finer points on using the app:

The voice dialer does work with BT headsets. You just cannot trigger the Voice Dial application by waking up the BT headset.
    Only a portion of the functionality goes away after the trialware period ends. Naturally it is the most useful portion - contact name dialing.

And yes.. the self-training aspect is super cool. No manual training - it's all automatic.
    Ok - let's get this really straight. I have a 650 and a BT headset. I can only start voice dial via Launcher or the side-button. I have to deliver the voice dial command via the mic on the Treo not on the BT headset. Once the call connects, I use the BT headset as usual.

On a regular headset, the headset button invokes the Voice Dialer which is very cool. I find I am using this in the car as much as BT headset now for that reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwomwom
    Ok - let's get this really straight. I have a 650 and a BT headset. I can only start voice dial via Launcher or the side-button. I have to deliver the voice dial command via the mic on the Treo not on the BT headset. Once the call connects, I use the BT headset as usual.

On a regular headset, the headset button invokes the Voice Dialer which is very cool. I find I am using this in the car as much as BT headset now for that reason.

I think it will accept your command through the headset. It just wont wake up by pushing the button on the headset. I have a samsung phone that has this software and it is unbelievable how well it works. However I have to wake the phone up first then I can give commands through my BT headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by curtarmy
    Great News Beantown! I have been so impressed with the voice program in my wife's Samsung a670, this will be great and worth the wait. Go VoiceSignal!
    Thanks for the heads up on the Treo 600.
    Curt
    My pleasure. I'm rediculously obsessive about this stuff so I enjoy spreading the good news. Especially if this particular app is as good as it sounds. I have the contact's permission to follow up with him at the end of the month. I've got him on a speed dial but won't bug him too often. Of course I'll log any updates or any further info I can scrape from him. I'm sure they love the hype anyway. I'll start a new thread for VoiceSignal and the Treo 600 when I get the next update.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    My pleasure. I'm rediculously obsessive about this stuff so I enjoy spreading the good news. Especially if this particular app is as good as it sounds. I have the contact's permission to follow up with him at the end of the month. I've got him on a speed dial but won't bug him too often. Of course I'll log any updates or any further info I can scrape from him. I'm sure they love the hype anyway. I'll start a new thread for VoiceSignal and the Treo 600 when I get the next update.

I had sent the company an email asking if they would make the app for the 600. I received a response in less than an hour and they said they definately have plans for a 600 compatible download but didn't have any definate time frame for availability.

Maybe if more people show an interest it would speed this up a bit.
    I had heard that the T600 was set-up in such a way as to make voice activation nearly impossible. Anyone know anything about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInDiego
    I had heard that the T600 was set-up in such a way as to make voice activation nearly impossible. Anyone know anything about this?

Watch your mouth!

seriously though.... where did you hear that? I really hope its not true.

I doubt its true because there are currently to apps in development Voice Launcher and Voice Dialer. However, they are no where near the quality of Voice Signal IMHO
    They did tell me there were a few "tricky adjustments" needed to accommodate the Treo 600 but I'm not sure what he meant. I suppose a Business Development guy who is interested in selling could confuse "tricky adjustment" with "nearly impossible" but I HOPE NOT. Fingers, toes, eyes and such crossed hoping for this one to work out.
    Did you hear this before they enabled the Treo 600 to record sound via the microphone?
    Same functionality for the 600 can be found here.
    From what I understand, the program linked to in the last post is not the same as the Voice Signal software. I believe that Voice Signal does NOT require recording a file for each contact but instead works on its own.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast