1.    #1  
    A friend has recently offered to sell me his Rikaline 6031-x7 (bluetooth GPS) for a very reasonable price. I have tried it out and it performs well on my current PPC PDA, but I am planning on 'upgrading' to the Treo 650 (GSM model).

Is there anyway of determining if the Rikaline 6031-x7 will work with the 650? I realise that I will have to purchase Palm versions of the software, but I'm more concerned about hardware compatability via bluetooth.

Thoughts/speculation appreciated.

Thanks.
    If the gps outputs standard NMEA data via BT serial link you should be fine. Check on your PDA to see what services the GPS supports. If it's using a BT COM port, you're almost certainly fine.

Todd/Indy
    Bluetooth GPS antenna's just send raw numbers (the co÷rdinates) to the receiver, in this the treo650. It is up to the receiver what he does with it; the connection itself is just a serial connection.

Since the Treo 650 support the BT serial profile it should work. My Tfac BT antenna also works perfectly with my TH55 and TomTom, so I don't see a problem.

However, don't sue me if it doesn't work
  4.    #4  
    Sounds like it should work. The device shows up as a BT serial connection on my PDA.

I think that it's worth the investment. Worse case, I can add it to the bundle when I sell my iPaq.

Thanks for your comments.