Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I getting all kinds of advertisement e-mails from the vendor at the roadshow and even one phone call from JP Mobile calling my cell phone. P1 must have given our information from the roadshow to the vendors that attended the conference.
    Yea, me too. I was thinking about calling P1 and *****ing about it. I am reporting each spam message to their ISP, hopefully they will remove me from the email list.
    Jeez, guys--they had more than offering discounted Treos in mind when setting up these roadshows. Their solution partners incur expenses to come to these events--SALES being the goal. If you aren't interested, just follow the instructions to opt-out in the email, or why not politely tell the phone rep you're not interested at this time. If everyone gives the presenters a hard time, do you think palmOne will continue to do this sort of thing for us?

Todd/Indy
    (first roadshow solicitation arrived via e-mail today--fully expected it and didn't mind a bit).
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyazz
    Yea, me too. I was thinking about calling P1 and *****ing about it. I am reporting each spam message to their ISP, hopefully they will remove me from the email list.
    Oh yeah, I am surprised too, you go to a trade show for enterprise users and vendors who pay to be there, and they give your name and email address and phone numbers to vendors, yeah that's a new one, welcome to the business world.
    Thank you tbhausen, we must have been typing at the same time. The Roadshow wasn't for Joe Schmoe, it was for Enterprise executives who are interested in the third party vendors. They get take advantage of a $250 discount, that wasn't meant for them in the first place, and they are complaing about a couple phone calls and a few email (all kinds) email. YEAH YOU GIVE PALM ONE A PIECE OF YOUR MIND.
    I have several different email addresses. One happens to be my personal email that I gave only to P1 on the survey. Somehow the roadshow vendors got this email address.

If you don't like us griping about it then why don't you ignore this thread.
    I don't suppose you whiners bothered to read the privacy policy first?
    Privacy policy of what? The survey. I did not see that one.
    Just pointing out that your free admission to the Roadshow gave you a great deal on the phone. I have never attended a conference that email address on the conference form wasn't given to the vendors. That is part of the deal. It's not somehow, Palm gave them your address, that is what the conference was about. I attended and got two calls and two emails is that unreasonable?
    From Roadshow Website under Legal Notices:

What information does palmOne.com collect and how do we use it?
    At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. Generally this information is requested when you register for an online service or when you provide information in connection with an online transaction. Your consent.
    By using our web site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by palmOne.com. If we decide to change our privacy practices, we will post those changes on this page so that you are always kept informed of what data we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it. Please check this page for changes from time to time to make sure you are aware of our latest privacy practices.

Because palmOne, Inc. operates globally, we make information we gather available to our worldwide business units. For those of you visiting us from the European Economic Area, please note that the personal data you enter will be transferred outside the European Economic Area for use by palmOne and its affiliates for any of the purposes described above. By using our web site and providing us with your personal data, you consent to this transfer of your personal data.
    Where does it say that they will give it to 3rd parties for the purposes of advertisment. It does not state it in their legal notice or their privacy policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jflynn
    I don't suppose you whiners bothered to read the privacy policy first?
    I guess you didn't either.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyazz
    Where does it say that they will give it to 3rd parties for the purposes of advertisment. It does not state it in their legal notice or their privacy policy.
    It doesn't need to say "purpose of advertisiment", it says they will make the information available to their worldwide business units and that you consent by providing the data. What is unclear about this?

"Because palmOne, Inc. operates globally, we make information we gather available to our worldwide business units. For those of you visiting us from the European Economic Area, please note that the personal data you enter will be transferred outside the European Economic Area for use by palmOne and its affiliates for any of the purposes described above. By using our web site and providing us with your personal data, you consent to this transfer of your personal data."

Clearly it states that they can give out your info.
    Yep, I saw this in the registration and used my "spam" email address. Not at all surprising for an event like this, even without the clear notice from palmOne. They asked for your info in exchange for the demos, palmOne face time and phone discount, and told you they'd use the info. And you gave it to them. Very little you can complain about.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Oh yeah, I am surprised too, you go to a trade show for enterprise users and vendors who pay to be there, and they give your name and email address and phone numbers to vendors, yeah that's a new one, welcome to the business world.
    You mean you didn't have to sign a message in blood certifying your soul will eternally belong to PalmOne lawyers? Hmm, strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    Jeez, guys--they had more than offering discounted Treos in mind when setting up these roadshows. Their solution partners incur expenses to come to these events--SALES being the goal. If you aren't interested, just follow the instructions to opt-out in the email, or why not politely tell the phone rep you're not interested at this time. If everyone gives the presenters a hard time, do you think palmOne will continue to do this sort of thing for us?

Todd/Indy
    (first roadshow solicitation arrived via e-mail today--fully expected it and didn't mind a bit).
    Excellent points. If you don't want sales solicitations, then do NOT go to those road shows.
    I don't have a problem receiving solicitations from the companies at the road show. In fact, it has been easy enough to unsubscribe or remove myself from the list.

Until today...did anyone else get the very low-rent e-mail from NotifyLink?
    Dude(s),

The survey said clearly that you are providing your information to the sponsors of the roadshow.

No offense, but it seems that complaining has become so fashionable in this forum, even when it's completely baseless.
    Are these spam emails a result of the online registration for the roadshow or from filling out the survey at the roadshow?
    Must be from online registration. I registered but was unable to attend, and have been receiving both phone calls and e-mail from the event sponsors.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast