Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Negative SlipperyPete, I've not received anything from them.

Maybe they are all on vacation...
    Has anyone received the accessories yet? I'm one of the people who received the first batch of 650 on the first day. I've been patiently waiting for the leather case and car charger. But as days go by, I'm getting concerned that I might damage my 650 being naked.

I think MJ might be on a vacation. I sent him an email a couple of days ago and he hasn't responded. He is usually very prompt in responding the my previous emails.

The other day, I called Sprint and confirmed that those discount codes MJ mentioned were in my account. Sprint rep told me that I won't see my first bill until the middle of December.
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall
    The other day, I called Sprint and confirmed that those discount codes MJ mentioned were in my account. Sprint rep told me that I won't see my first bill until the middle of December.
    Did the Sprint rep confirm what those discount codes were for too (i.e.: 2 year free Vision)? Or just that they were in your account?
    Quote Originally Posted by texascanuck
    Did the Sprint rep confirm what those discount codes were for too (i.e.: 2 year free Vision)? Or just that they were in your account?
    I didn't ask. I assumed that it is for the duration of the contract period. So far everything that OTI advertised were right on the money. So I didn't question that, nor should I have any reason to.
    MJ I ordered from you guys last week but I still have not received the 650. I see that my plan has been changed to dba RE-MAX but I have received no information on the phone... tracking #, ship date, etc.

Does anyone know the Sprint # I can call to see when it'll arrive?

DH
    The definitive answer will most likely be from Sprint since they drop ship. Call Sprint customer service and ask for Shipping. Ask shipping for a tracking number.

FWIW, I have not received my accessories but I did receive my phone as soon as it became available.
    Hello,

Wondering if any of you guys have heard anything from OTI? I've emailed them several times to get the status of the order with no reply since before Thanksgiving.

Thanks,
    Lawrence
    I'm still waiting to hear back from these guys... I beginning to wonder if someone shut them down, or if they've taken their money and "ran off"... I can't imagine a company going on vacation for over a week and not responding to ANYTHING. Shady.

The original link for this deal doesn't work anymore: http://oti-solutions.com/real NOR does the main website oti-solutions.com
    That does sound odd, but I don't know if I'm giving up on them just yet. If no one hears from them by next week though, then that would really be fishy. Here at my office we have a couple of folks off this week, so it is not unheard of to have people be on vacation the week after Thanksgiving. As for the website, I think you have the link wrong, mine still works:
    http://www.oti-solutions.com/real.htm

As for contact e-mails, did you try all of these:
    - questions@OTI-Solutions.com
    - mjones@oti-solutions.com
    - mcorbett@oti-solutions.com
    - wschaefer@oti-solutions.com

And what about phone numbers, did you try any of these:
    - Michael "MJ" Jones, VP of Wireless Sales, Open Technologies, LLC.
    Office: 813-935-0060, Mobile: 727-692-6460, Efax: 775-898-1089

Also, I would like some of the others who have gotten their Treos from them to respond verifying that:
    - they got the discount codes (GE SUPRA VISION CR and GESC) and
    - that these codes are for the for free Vision and $100 credit respectively
    - that these codes are good for the life of the contract and
    - whether or not they got the accessories

tc
    PS: I just tried the above 3 phone numbers and got female voicemail for the first number, an automated "party not answering" for the second after it appeared to be forwarded and an ear-piercing fax sound from the third number...
    Last edited by texascanuck; 12/02/2004 at 01:35 PM.
    What is weird is someone change my Sprint account for the 18% discount but my plan didn't change and Sprint has no record of the Treo being ordered/shipped to me. I've emailed Michael Jones a few times and I have not received a response... Hopefully, their vacation ends soon because these guys actually seemed legit for awhile...

DH
    Hi, I did receive an email from Michael Jones just before Thxgiving saying he'd be back from vacation Dec 1. I've not heard from him yet, but that indicates a good reason for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by ltbong
    Hello,

Wondering if any of you guys have heard anything from OTI? I've emailed them several times to get the status of the order with no reply since before Thanksgiving.

Thanks,
    Lawrence
    PS: I have my Palmone 650 sitting basically unactivated and untouched waiting for the OTI one to come before I return it. Very frustrating. We'll see if it works!

Quote Originally Posted by aappel
    Hi, I did receive an email from Michael Jones just before Thxgiving saying he'd be back from vacation Dec 1. I've not heard from him yet, but that indicates a good reason for the delay.
    I'm in the same boat as you guys. I added another phone (not a Treo) from OTI and they got the order mixed up. I received an e-mail from MJ on Friday and he said the same: on vacation and he would get back to me soon. Texas: the site you pasted does not work either now (at least for me). Starting to get worried but I guess the worst case is I hold the phone ransom and not pay (other than ID theft!)
    Quote Originally Posted by treozero
    (other than ID theft!)
    That's exactly what I'm worried about.
    Quote Originally Posted by treozero
    I'm in the same boat as you guys. I added another phone (not a Treo) from OTI and they got the order mixed up. I received an e-mail from MJ on Friday and he said the same: on vacation and he would get back to me soon. Texas: the site you pasted does not work either now (at least for me). Starting to get worried but I guess the worst case is I hold the phone ransom and not pay (other than ID theft!)
    I can still get to the page but to make sure it wasn't just cached, I cleared my cache and refreshed and I get to their page still...dunno dude...anyone else having problems getting to their page?

tc
    I can still get to the page... <now that I've got the right address>
    Michael "MJ" just email me saying he just got back from a vacation.
    Google for "oti-solutions"...mjeleven has posted all over the internet trying to get his site to fly....One thing's for sure, he's gotten a lot of traffic from this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by demoflauchy
    Google for "oti-solutions"...mjeleven has posted all over the internet trying to get his site to fly....One thing's for sure, he's gotten a lot of traffic from this site.
    I finally ordered mine on Tuesday night. I don't have a tracking number yet. Been emailing OTI back and forth. I was under the impression that this would be fast turn around as it order Tuesday night get it at the Latest Friday. I will let you know as soon as I hear more info.
    Breaking News
    PalmOne is reportedly offering some Treo 650 users a free SecureDisk SD storage card to manage a memory management problem that has surfaced in the recently-released smartphone.

The Web site The Register <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/25/palmone_treo_650_fix/> reported late last week that early users of the recently-released devices have encountered isolated problems related to how programs and data are handled in memory. PalmOne acknowledged in an article <http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=762,E=0000000000098961520,K=2985,Sxi=7,useTemplate=Case.tem,CASE=35222> in its Support Knowledge Library that the problem is caused by the fact that the Treo 650 uses a non-volatile file system (NVFS) for storing data while the Treo 600 used volatile memory.

The NVFS was implemented using 512 KB block sizes for data into which all data must be fit. That means that data smaller than that amount still uses 512 KB while a 600 KB chunk of data require two 512 KB blocks. The result is that the devices can run out of memory quickly.

The Register reported late last week that users who have complained will be offered a free SD card for managing data that will solve the problem until the company releases a ROM upgrade to its users.

PalmOne noted in its online support article that the change from volatile to non-volatile memory offers several advantages. Most notably, users of the Treo 650 can swap out batteries without losing data. The older Treo 600 did not have replaceable batteries but the newer model does. The company also noted data won't be lost if users forget to charge their device. Still, the company did acknowledge the practical effects of this issue.

"For example, a typical address book will take about 800 KB more space on a Treo 650 than on previous devices," the company said in its online article. As a result, Treo 650 users may encounter "Memory full" error messages. Besides working on a ROM upgrade, the company said it is working with application vendors to solve the problem.

The Tungsten T5 handheld also has the same problem, but the issue is more significant in the Treo because the handheld has 256 MB of RAM to help handle the problem while the Treo only has 16 MB. PalmOne acknowledged in the article that data takes up more space under the new method.
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast