Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Mike Corbett,
    First let me say thanks for coming to Treocentral and joining in the disscussions, you will find lots of customers here to give you quality feedback. It is great to see a company big or small talking directly to customers openly like this.
    I also spoke to Will Sheafer (sp?) on the phone as was impressed by the timelyness of his return phone call the professionalism he displayed.
    I have put in my order and I am already passing on the info to realtors in the Phoenix area in case you see your market expand from Fl out Az way
    Many of us are in small operations and understand where you are at, at least you are trying
    I look forward to posting my reviews of the Treo 650 soon and telling people about my positive experience with your company.
    Enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by pertinax
    I work for a small Company that uses ADP for its payroll making me an ADP employee, more or less. Because of this I found I can get a 15% discount on my monthly bill.

I got the impression from the sprint sales guy that there are discounts for employees of MANY companies.

Might be worth asking about.

-Pertinax
    There are discounts for many companies. Example a friend of mine works for Ford and they get a discount on Sprint service.
  3.    #63  
    Mike Corbett,

I am glad you are on these boards as well. I am the original poster of this thread and I must admit that I felt a twinge of doubt once all of the nay-sayers starting posting. But then again, they are just looking out for the best interests of the group.

I will post again once I receive my 650 from OTI just to let everyone know how pleased I am. Also, I got an update from my local Realtor association today with a special Sprint deal (attached) that is similar to the OTI deal - but not quite as good. I wanted to post it so that everyone could see that there are other deals out there with free Vision for two years. But, once again, the OTI deal is better!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I also exchanged a few emails with OTI, but I was asking about their GSM Treos availability. They are currently not a partner of Cingular/AT&T yet, but they may consider it depending on their release date and deals. I told them that the GSM Treos will release early Jan 2005 according to the Live Chat. Hopefully they will be a Cingular/AT&T partner as well and offer us TC'ers a similar deal.

As far as their legitimacy concern, I feel more and more comfortable with them as time goes on. Of course I won't be 100% comfortable until I see the first Treo delivered safe and sound.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Quote Originally Posted by tooslo
    Mike Corbett,

I am glad you are on these boards as well. I am the original poster of this thread and I must admit that I felt a twinge of doubt once all of the nay-sayers starting posting. But then again, they are just looking out for the best interests of the group.

I will post again once I receive my 650 from OTI just to let everyone know how pleased I am. Also, I got an update from my local Realtor association today with a special Sprint deal (attached) that is similar to the OTI deal - but not quite as good. I wanted to post it so that everyone could see that there are other deals out there with free Vision for two years. But, once again, the OTI deal is better!
    Yeah this is a very similar deal although it is sans the free acessories kit. I see that this deal runs throug the end of April next year. One thing people should be aware is that Sprint is rumored to be changing their Vision plans once the 650 comes out to account for their higher bandwidth usage and bluetooth tethering. Would be a shame to sign up for the fre vision only to get screwed and charged for a more expensive service later.
    One poster here rather emphatically states that one must be a Realtor to sign up. I do have the certificate from my state, but I imagine that many interested parties do not. I should think that a paying customer is welcome, and that the board users here are probably profitable, high usage customers for whatever carrier gets their business. For me, an offer like this is a good reason to switch to Sprint .
    PWC Realtor - is there any particular objection to people who are not currently full-time Realtors signing up?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrackBerry
    PWC Realtor - is there any particular objection to people who are not currently full-time Realtors signing up?
    You'll note that in posting here he addressed a lot of points in detail but completely avoided this rather obvious issue. I believe the proper interpretation here is what was posted (by tooslo?) on the first page of this thread: he's pleading ignorance; he won't turn anyone away, but from his perspective he will be considering you to be a legitimate realtor.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I just received this response back from the Sprint ask a question site (link was posted earlier).

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your message.

I would like to inform that www.oti-solutions.com or Open Technologies
    is not as authorized Sprint dealer. However, to locate the nearest
    Sprint Store, click on the hyperlink below.

http://www.sprintstorelocator.com

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please always feel
    free to write to us. We are here for you!

Shawn K.

Roadside Rescue:

Try Roadside Rescue free for two months. With Roadside Rescue help is
    just a phone call away, you?ll get quick assistance anywhere in the
    U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Just use your
    Sprint PCS Phone to call for help 24 hours a day ? Roadside Rescue
    coverage goes wherever your Sprint PCS Phone goes. After two months, pay
    just $4 per month. Taxes, surcharges and other fees excluded. Click http://www.sprint.com/pcsrrpromo
    to find out about our special offer.
    I just had a rep at Sprint search the Global address book at work and he came up with this in reply to the last post. Not sure why some one would post this when Sprint already confirmed earlier in this thread that Open Technologies is a registered partner.

I can't find any Shawn K.

Dave Moore
    Sr. Retail Communications Consultant
    PCS 727-692-xxxx
    dmoore34@mail.sprint.com
    Sprint Store
    2663 Gulf to Bay Blvd. Ste. 990
    Clearwater, FL 33759

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 9:22 AM
    To: Moore, Dave A [SCS]
    Subject:

Dave, Can you look up Shawn K in the global address book and send me
    his email address?

I just received this response back from the "Sprint ask a question site"
    (link was posted earlier).

Dear XXXXX,

I would like to inform that www.oti-solutions.com
    <http://www.oti-solutions.com> or Open Technologies

<http://www.sprintstorelocator.com>

Shawn K.
    I wouldn't buy from an unauthorized dealer. How do you know if (or when?) they will receive inventory! Weak support following the sale et. Besides...it's already available for $399 and $419 at various places on the net with freebies. No reason to risk something that may or may not be on the up and up.

Just my two cents. Keep the change.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I am an existing SPRINT customer. I pre ordered my TREO from Palmone directly for 599 flat, no tax, no shipping plus free Jabra headset. Later called the SPRINT to get the confirmation that I will get $150 credit through SPRINT handset upgrading program. I also asked about the available plans and they offered me 1000 minutes for $45 and $15 for unlimited data with a one year contract. I don't see why you guys are so excited about the OTI's deals. They are offering 1100 minutes plus data with 2 year contract for $65, so they have already jacked up the price for the data. Also if you are planning to buy a headset, you would end up with the same price as buying from anyone else. So whats the point?
    P.S. I am not sure if the 1000 deal on SPRINT is for everyone or only for existing customers. You better call them and make sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash1348
    I am an existing SPRINT customer. I pre ordered my TREO from Palmone directly for 599 flat, no tax, no shipping plus free Jabra headset. Later called the SPRINT to get the confirmation that I will get $150 credit through SPRINT handset upgrading program. I also asked about the available plans and they offered me 1000 minutes for $45 and $15 for unlimited data with a one year contract. I don't see why you guys are so excited about the OTI's deals. They are offering 1100 minutes plus data with 2 year contract for $65, so they have already jacked up the price for the data. Also if you are planning to buy a headset, you would end up with the same price as buying from anyone else. So whats the point?
    P.S. I am not sure if the 1000 deal on SPRINT is for everyone or only for existing customers. You better call them and make sure.

Nationwide versus Areawide. OTI's $65 for 1100 minutes is nationwide, whereas Sprints $45 for 1000 is an areawide plan. I am pretty sure that is the plan that SPCS offered you. Just check the SPCS website.
    Your 1000 minutes for $45 is an Area Wide plan. Local use only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    To all Realators: Verify this offer with your professional association. (National Association of Realtors?)

To everyone else: You are not realtors, and not entitled to this offer. If you try to take advantage of it - YOU are committing fraud. IMHO
    boohoo i'm an anal freak who has never done anything wrong in my life. fraud schmaud.
    I dont know much about this. but I get the phone with the 100 off then go to sprint store and then activate it then?
    jayzee,

I received a message from Michael Jones this morning regarding your post. Follows is quoted from him:
    "There are two options in the Sprint Indirect reseller channel:

-BSP (Business Solution Provider)
    -SLDN (Small Local Dealer Network)

We are signed up under both. Under the BSP channel we have registered under the name Open Technologies. Under the SLDN channel we are registered under the name OTI wireless. Please have Sprint confirm this again if you have any worries.

Michael "MJ" Jones
    VP of Wireless Sales
    Open Technologies, LLC."

Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    I just received this response back from the Sprint ask a question site (link was posted earlier).

Dear XXXXX,

I would like to inform that www.oti-solutions.com or Open Technologies

http://www.sprintstorelocator.com

Shawn K.

Roadside Rescue:

Try Roadside Rescue free for two months. With Roadside Rescue help is
    just a phone call away, you?ll get quick assistance anywhere in the
    U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Just use your
    Sprint PCS Phone to call for help 24 hours a day ? Roadside Rescue
    coverage goes wherever your Sprint PCS Phone goes. After two months, pay
    just $4 per month. Taxes, surcharges and other fees excluded. Click http://www.sprint.com/pcsrrpromo
    to find out about our special offer.
    The Treo 650 is a little delayed.

It's been delayed by about 5-7 days. What happened was PalmOne found something they wanted to change on devices that were already on their way to the Sprint warehouse, which means that the devices will need to be flashed with the new software.

This is the reason for the delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjeleven

It's been delayed by about 5-7 days. What happened was PalmOne found something they wanted to change on devices that were already on their way to the Sprint warehouse, which means that the devices will need to be flashed with the new software.

wanna bet?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjeleven

What is the source of this information other than rumor/speculation?
    On the bottom of the home page, under the ** section, it says "Offer expires 04/3/04."

Think this is anothher mistake?

Regarding the SS#, Driver's License #, and other obscene requests, it seems that all the site have these requests. Am I mistaken?
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast