Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PWC Realtor
    Anyone also notice on the site that there are calling plans on there that are not even offered by Sprint's website i.e. the unlimited plan and the plans with 3500+ minutes, FREE PCS2PCS and vision.

If the unlimited package is forr real, I'll dump my unlimited Nextel plan with its crummy reception and coverage in a heartbeat for Sprint and the Treo 650
    Those plans are legit, you just have to call SPCS to get them, as they are not listed on the website. I was offered the $200 unlimited one just the other day, but I declined as it did not include vision, it was a minutes only plan.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I read the posts here questioning whether this is legit or a scam. It seems to me that it's not likely a scam. The site does list some of the largest realtor's in Florida. Additionally, the entity that owns the domain has a listed telephone number that matches the numbers that have been in e-mails from the company to those of us who have had questions. The entity (Open Technologies, Inc.) is a Florida corporation that was formed back in 1993, so it's not a new entity and seems to have been around for years. The website's url has been around for a year and a half (granted it's not the nicest, but it's not).

Additionally, they have been very responsive to my e-mail quesitons and appear to be very honest. (For example, I asked if the car charger was for the 600 or 650 as I understand the connections are different, and they said they'd have to double check. I believe if it was a scam, they would have said "of course" knowing that I'd never see it anyway.)

Also, as I am no longer under contract with Sprint, they indicated I could take advantage of the deal and own the phone for $350 with a new contract, plus the other goodies.

Has anyone heard of any deals that come close to this one? I ordered my upgrade from P1 with the Jabra BT headset Monday right after the e-mail went out, but am glad to buy a headset if I can save $250 and not pay for unlimited vision.
    I talked with the rep in-depth this evening and it shed more light on the legitimacy of the whole thing.

The reason for this thing just now coming out is that their first big push was at the NAR onvention which just happened Nov. 5-8.

It realy does sound more legit. He was very responsive and eager to hear what was wrong iwth the webiste so i could be fixed (the order for mis now secure).

He was unsure of a few things but tried his best ot answer honestly. Tomorrow I'm calling Nextel to see if I'm still under contract and Sprint (not to order but just to ask some questions about the calling features). From there I'll decice.

Hope this helps all of you people who are on the fence. He gave me some other info as to why (free vision and accessories etc.) are included but I don't want to divulge all of their secrets at once.
    Guys I work for a bank in identity theft securities. This IS a scam trust me! Even though they feel the need for a social which is quite normal, YOU DO NOT NEED A DL NUMBER!

Forget it, you do not want to feel the wrath of identity theft. I hear these stories everyday, peoples lives are crippled from scams like this.

Just wait til Sprint has it, a few hundred bucks more now, but it will save you thousands later.

Please everybody be careful!
    looks like they use your last four to unlock the cell ph

Submitting an order takes just a few minutes on line. An Open Technologies representative can help you choose the plan that's right for you, and answer your questions.

All applications require credit approval.
    Once the order is credit approved, Sprint PCS will ship your new phone directly to your office or house via UPS second day service. No charge for shipping and the phone is already activated.
    Your free accessories are shipped via regular mail. They usually arrive a few days after the phone.
    The phone is shipped to you ready to use. Just charge the battery overnight and use the last 4 digits of your Social Security number to unlock the phone.
    Enjoy!

at http://www.oti-solutions.com/Real%20...IT%20WORKS.htm

seems like it could be legit

?
    Last edited by meloveu; 12/26/2004 at 11:19 AM.
    Well my wife IS a real estate agent (anyone looking for a home in the greater Seattle area ) so I sent them an email asking if existing sprint customers can get the deal and here's the reponse I got back (in just a few hours):

--------- email response ----------------

The huge promotions are to attract new business. If a Sprint customer has completed his contract, he may take advantage of the promos. Is this the case?

Michael "MJ" Jones
    VP of Wireless Sales
    Open Technologies, LLC.

Office - 813 935-0060
    Mobile - 727 692-6460
    Efax - 775 898-1089

-----Original Message-----
    Posted At: Thursday, November 11, 2004 5:07 PM
    Posted To: Questions
    Conversation: Treo 650 Offer
    Subject: Treo 650 Offer

Hello,

My wife is a realtor and I am interested in purchasing a Treo 650 for her through you. The sign-up page appears to be setup for new Sprint customers only. Are you selling the phone to existing Sprint customers as well? If so, please let me know how to complete my order.

Thanks!

---------------------

Kinda looks ligit if you ask me, but since my wife is tied up in a Sprint contract we can't go for the offer anyway... so, just put in an order at P1 to get the free Jabra. Interested to see if Open Technologies works out for anyone.
    go.digital
    who collects ssn, credit card, drivers info on http protocol?
    Kind of funny that non-realtors wishing to commit fraud are upset that someone else may be trying to commit fraud on them. Very nice.
    My question is, why is this #$%&ing page still up. I'm sure if this was a scam it should of been pulled down by now. Its seems as though this company has been there since the Treo 600 was released. But what I agree with you guys on, is that orders taken are not taken over a secure connection. Besides, the page alone looks real cheazy. The forms they use for you to fill out your info looks way too poorly made, to be a company claiming to be affiliated with sprint. But then again, they might be a small realtor company that landed this promotion deal through sprint, and do not have great programmer amongst their company. Who knows. Buyer beware.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueCrimeNY
    But what I agree with you guys on, is that orders taken are not taken over a secure connection.
    Not true. When you click "I'm Interested" it sends you to a secure (https://) page.

https://www.oti-solutions.com/Real%20&%20OTI%20%20I'M%20INTERESTED.htm
    Well if anyone remembers just a couple weeks ago the road show coupon was a "scam" and now its the talk of the board. Personally I wouldn't give out this info on the web and especially on a non secure site but if anyone has ordered, keep up informed.
    Quote Originally Posted by oErTkId20
    Guys I work for a bank in identity theft securities. This IS a scam trust me! Even though they feel the need for a social which is quite normal, YOU DO NOT NEED A DL NUMBER!

Forget it, you do not want to feel the wrath of identity theft. I hear these stories everyday, peoples lives are crippled from scams like this.

Just wait til Sprint has it, a few hundred bucks more now, but it will save you thousands later.

Please everybody be careful!
    Long time lurker, first time poster...

Anybody who ordered through TC notice that they wanted the DL # and SSN? Does that mean that the TCStore is a scam?
    I sent of a question to Sprint about them through Sprint's online "Ask a question" form (I have xxx out personal info):

==========================================
    Name : xxx
    Form : Ask A Question - Learn
    Topic: Other
    Contact Number: 281-xxx-xxxx

Question:
    I want to get the Treo 650 and sign up with Spring and found this
    http://www.oti-solutions.com/real.html

Is this legitimate? Is OTI affiliated with
    Sprint in the manner they suggest offering up free Vision plan with the
    Treo 650?
    ==========================================

Sprint wrote me back via e-mail with the following:

Dear xxx,

Thank you for contacting Sprint.

Yes, you can purchase the phone and sign up for the plan with them.
    But, this offer is only for the employees of real estate agencies. If
    you are the employee of real estate agency, then you can surely sign up.

I hope that I have resolved the issue to your satisfaction.

Have a nice day!

Blair M.
    Sprint eCare

Roadside Rescue:

Try Roadside Rescue free for two months. With Roadside Rescue help is
    just a phone call away, you?ll get quick assistance anywhere in the
    U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Just use your
    Sprint PCS Phone to call for help 24 hours a day ? Roadside Rescue
    coverage goes wherever your Sprint PCS Phone goes. After two months, pay
    just $4 per month. Taxes, surcharges and other fees excluded. Click http://www.sprint.com/pcsrrpromo
    to find out about our special offer.
    Hello Everyone.

My name is Mike Corbett, and I work for Open Technologies as their "tech guy". Michael Jones from our company has made me aware of this discussion thread, and some of the controversy about our offering.

I hope that by answering the questions and concerns of people here on the board, that we can clear things up a bit. Also - Yes, I am the Mike Corbett referred to earlier as the technical contact in the OTI whois results.

Until about 6 months ago, Open Technologies (or OTI)was primarily a consulting services company. At that time Will Schaefer, the president of OTI learned of the business partnership program offered by Sprint. We decided that offering Sprint phones to our clients would be a nice add-on to our services, and things have taken off from there.

People have asked why is the 650 referred to on one page, but the 600 is named in another, why is readylink offered, outdated links, etc.
    Since I do the updates on our web pages, I CAN answer that.
    One of my biggest challenges is keeping up with the frequent changes in services, phones available, "special offers", rate plans, etc. The Treo 650 was only authorized for pre-ordering this week, and I'm updating pages as quickly as I can.
    If keeping up with the web site was the only thing I did, fewer things like what you have noticed would "slip through the cracks". However, we are a small company, and like most IT guys, I have many tasks on my plate. I'm trying to keep things up-to-date, and if you see any other problems that I haven't fixed, please refer them to me and I will address them as quickly as I can.

It has also been suggested that our site looks "cheesy". I know it doesn't look as slick as some sites out there, but it also DOES look better than some of the crap I have seen. Really, this whole web programming thing is pretty new to me, so please don't get too rough about it. I know I still have a lot to learn about web programming, but I am doing my best. The site is being continually updated and upgraded as my skills improve.

"Why do they ask for SSN & DL#?" That's easy to answer. Originally, our site did not ask for that info, but when we submitted the first order to Sprint, they made us go back to the customer and get that info. Sprint requires the SSN to run a credit check, and the DL# to verify the physiscal address of the person applying. It's the same information they ask for if you go into a retail store.
    Your information is NOT kept by us any longer than is needed to complete the order with Sprint. It is not kept on our web server in any form for any period of time, the form sent to us by the order is destroyed, and no backups of that information are retained by us once it has been passed on to Sprint and accepted by them.
    "Why is the domain name different from the company name?" Because when I went to register a domain for us, every veriation of opentechnologies that I could come up with was already taken. Maybe I could have been more creative in our domain name, but for now it is what it is.

I hope This has answered some of your questions. Again, if you have any other questions or concerns about the web site, please feel free to send to me via email at mcorbett@oti-solutions.com, or to post them here. I won't be sitting here, awaiting every new posting, but I will check back from time to time.

Mike
    texascanuck,

What is the address of this Sprint forum?
    I just went to the the Sprint PCS page and followed links to contact them which got me to this page:
    http://www2.sprintpcs.com/learn/form...c_question.asp

PS: I am glad to see that OTI is now here in this thread also answering some questions. Thanks dude. My gut feel is that they are on the up and up.
    I work for a small Company that uses ADP for its payroll making me an ADP employee, more or less. Because of this I found I can get a 15% discount on my monthly bill.

I got the impression from the sprint sales guy that there are discounts for employees of MANY companies.

Might be worth asking about.

-Pertinax
    Hey Mike,

On the OTI "I'm Interested" webpage where you place the order:

There is a section to add on PCS Vision. If we are opting for the 2-year agreement which gives us this free or rather waives the fee, do we still need to tick off the relevant PCS Professional Pack or is it understood that it is part of the deal?
    Texascanuck,

Here's the reply I got from Michael Jones:

"Please check it off so there is no confusion."

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by texascanuck
    Hey Mike,

On the OTI "I'm Interested" webpage where you place the order:

There is a section to add on PCS Vision. If we are opting for the 2-year agreement which gives us this free or rather waives the fee, do we still need to tick off the relevant PCS Professional Pack or is it understood that it is part of the deal?
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast