Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast
    Just got my accessories kit (3/20). Ordered late February. The case is very functional. It's a side case with a magnetic clasp and belt clip. The ear/mike piece works fine. However, the car charger is not right. It has a round plug and the Treo 650 has a square plug for power. It's labeled SAM A460/2035. It's definitely wrong.

The bill is also wrong. They prorated my bill from Feb 25 when I got the phone on 3/1. Looks like the started the billing once they got the order. $250 rebate was reflected as well as the credit for internet access. Still trying to figure out how they calculated the 20% discount. I got a 10.28 credit labeled nationwide volume program discount but that does not add up to 20% of the monthly charges.

As for the phone, I've had quite a few soft resets but only required one hard reset so far. A hard reset wipes out all data and you must have a good backup. Voice quality is average but Palm is suppose to come out with a firmware fix soon. I've had a few dropped calls as well. Some along Interstate 101 in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Many people may not be aware that if you're on the web or on a call, incoming calls go directly to voice mail. I believe that's a limitation on the Sprint network. It would be nice if you had the option to take the incoming call.
    is anyone using their car charger? i have the connector that came with the phone, but i am a little scared to try it. the charger says suitable for all Ni-Cd & Ni-Mh batteries
    I signed up two days ago but have not recieved any word on what's going on except for the computer generated email that says they got all my information.

I guess it's just a matter of time. I'll keep you guys updated.
    MJ,
    You're great at getting the phones out and helping clear bill problems. But you know that the accessories are junk, because you've been preaching about better quality products for months. I trashed the accessories too. Thanks for helping me to get the phone and Sprint package at a good price.
    "Work like you donít need the money, love like youíve never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching.Ē
    --- Satchel Paige
    First bill has arrived and doesn't reflect the $250 rebate or a discount. Waiting to hear back from OTI, but, perchance should I be expecting this stuff on the second bill instead?
    Charger I received works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mmdieter
    is anyone using their car charger? i have the connector that came with the phone, but i am a little scared to try it. the charger says suitable for all Ni-Cd & Ni-Mh batteries
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandGypsy
    MJ,
    the accessories are junk
    Little harsh considering they are free, no? I would have got the 'package' with or without them. For me, out of the three freebies, I use only the Charger.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Quote Originally Posted by edad3
    I just got my accessories- MJ mush have changed the cases b/c mine is sweet. No snap- it uses a magnet & works great. The earpiece stays in much better than the one that came with the treo also. I'm a littlle apprehensive about plugging my treo into a generic looking charger- but i didn't expect an official palmone charger to come free.

Also, make sure that as soon as you get connected with sprint you call them and ask if the rebate codes show up in their system. I did that immediately and they are there. Now it's just a matter of waiting for them to apply the rebates- which it looks as if will take several weeks (lame- but thats on sprint.)

if they don't show up i'm sure MJ will walk you through whatever it takes to get them on there.

So far so good- I'm extremely happy with OTI and the sprint deal.
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by PatY
    Just got my accessories kit (3/20). Ordered late February. The case is very functional. It's a side case with a magnetic clasp and belt clip. The ear/mike piece works fine. However, the car charger is not right. It has a round plug and the Treo 650 has a square plug for power. It's labeled SAM A460/2035. It's definitely wrong.

The bill is also wrong. They prorated my bill from Feb 25 when I got the phone on 3/1. Looks like the started the billing once they got the order. $250 rebate was reflected as well as the credit for internet access. Still trying to figure out how they calculated the 20% discount. I got a 10.28 credit labeled nationwide volume program discount but that does not add up to 20% of the monthly charges.

As for the phone, I've had quite a few soft resets but only required one hard reset so far. A hard reset wipes out all data and you must have a good backup. Voice quality is average but Palm is suppose to come out with a firmware fix soon. I've had a few dropped calls as well. Some along Interstate 101 in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Many people may not be aware that if you're on the web or on a call, incoming calls go directly to voice mail. I believe that's a limitation on the Sprint network. It would be nice if you had the option to take the incoming call.
    The Car charger works with the Pigtail adapter that comes with the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandGypsy
    MJ,
    You're great at getting the phones out and helping clear bill problems. But you know that the accessories are junk, because you've been preaching about better quality products for months. I trashed the accessories too. Thanks for helping me to get the phone and Sprint package at a good price.
    Thank you for the feedback. I am continuously looking for better accessories. I think I have solved the case problems. The ones I have now are pretty good. The Car charger does work fine with the adapter that comes with the phone. Now I need to find a better headset. Most people, I would think, are going to order a BT headset somewhere else. The most important piece is the $250 off the phone and 20% off your bill. Hope everyone like this at least.

MJ
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrashear
    First bill has arrived and doesn't reflect the $250 rebate or a discount. Waiting to hear back from OTI, but, perchance should I be expecting this stuff on the second bill instead?
    $100 off comes listed as PCS Service Credit on the bill. $150 off is listed as a 2yr credit. If anyone is a resign with Sprint, the credits take a couple of invoices to show up. They show up partial at a time. Sprint will not give you a negative bill
    Everyone,

Sprint has made it a little challenging for me to set up existing customers. I apologize if this has made your Sprint acct a little difficult. Trust me, it is not on purpose. I am working as best as I can to get issues resolved. Here are the codes you need to ask Cust Care to see if they are on your acct. I have listed the promo and the code next to it. If they are not there please ask them to add it. Please give me some feedback if they were not added and what your result was when speaking with Cust Care.

$150 credit - NR04IP$150TREO6502YR
    $100 Realtor Credit - GESC
    Free Vision - GE SUPRA VISION CR
    i was gonna go get my wife a treo today. her mother and her own their own real estate co. how do i go about getting it for her can i just give the codes to sprint?

HAD TO EDIT
    i work for ford motor co so i currently get 23% off montly bill, but i just read it is extended to exisiting cust. how can i get it also? would they just add the free vision credit since i already have vision, can i still get rebates for myself and my wife? i would be willing to switch for 20% off and vision for 2yrs free Plus acessories
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    i was gonna go get my wife a treo today. her mother and her own their own real estate co. how do i go about getting it for her can i just give the codes to sprint?

HAD TO EDIT
    i work for ford motor co so i currently get 23% off montly bill, but i just read it is extended to exisiting cust. how can i get it also? would they just add the free vision credit since i already have vision, can i still get rebates for myself and my wife? i would be willing to switch for 20% off and vision for 2yrs free Plus acessories
    Are you paying full price for the Treo or resigning to get it lower at a store. If you are resigning, I can take care of everything.
    when you say resign do you mean terminate my contract? i have been on my account for two months now will they let me? my wife has a sprint phone and her own account also they were gonna let her switch to mine without having to pay a early termination fee. she also has unlimited minutes for $135 which they said she can keep(unless there is something better, she uses about 3000 min per month) this seems like a great deal and i just didnt wanna miss the boat .

and thank u for your quick response
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjeleven
    $100 off comes listed as PCS Service Credit on the bill. $150 off is listed as a 2yr credit. If anyone is a resign with Sprint, the credits take a couple of invoices to show up. They show up partial at a time. Sprint will not give you a negative bill
    No credit at all showed up (on the first invoice), and neither did the discounts, which makes me suspect it got dropped entirely.
    Just in case anyone hasn't gotten the message here... DO NOT under any circumstances ever randomly give anyone or any website your social security number... whoa!... they could literally own you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjeleven
    Everyone,

Sprint has made it a little challenging for me to set up existing customers. I apologize if this has made your Sprint acct a little difficult. Trust me, it is not on purpose. I am working as best as I can to get issues resolved. Here are the codes you need to ask Cust Care to see if they are on your acct. I have listed the promo and the code next to it. If they are not there please ask them to add it. Please give me some feedback if they were not added and what your result was when speaking with Cust Care.

$150 credit - NR04IP$150TREO6502YR
    $100 Realtor Credit - GESC
    Free Vision - GE SUPRA VISION CR
    My confidence that the customer service person was not snowing me is low, but he claimed these were not on my account. He said he didn't have a way to add them unless I knew an offer name or somesuch thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrashear
    My confidence that the customer service person was not snowing me is low, but he claimed these were not on my account. He said he didn't have a way to add them unless I knew an offer name or somesuch thing.
    It's April. When does this have to be resolved by before I lose?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    So, I think I am ready to place my order. What should I do when placing the order to ensure that my current plan stays in place?