Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Hi guys...this is my first post here...I thought I would give you my thoughts on the deal. First let me thank the individual who started this post.

This should be a great improvement over my previous setup. I switched from a T-Mobile Pocket PC phone to the Treo 650 with Sprint. The Sprint voice/data coverage seems to be better than T-mobile's GPRS in South Florida with a Pocket PC phone. The 650 is outstanding!

Ok...OTI Technologies (or Sprint) did deliver the new phone quick, but if you are waiting on your accessories...well...don't get all excited. It was "free" so just be happy that you didn't pay extra for them. The "accessories" are a bit laughable as it reminded me of those Sea Monkey ads in the back of a comic when I was a kid. Oh come on, you remember the ad! Anyhow the headset, car charger and case are all made in China, not specifically for a Treo...difinately not PalmOne or Sprint products as I was expecting. The headset was...well...let's just say that it sounded like charlie brown on the other end..."wah wah wah". Couldn't understand the caller...very frustrating...so I switched back to my PalmOne version and it was clearly the OTI headset that was the problem. The car charger will need the adapter that came with your phone if you are brave enough to hook up a $600 phone with a $2.99, made in china bargain charger. The case was real slick...ahhhh...yeah. My phone wouldn't even fit in to it...couldn't close the handsome vinyl snap around the luxurious deep blue vinyl phone case either. This handsome, made in China product, clearly was not designed for a Treo phone. Let me remind you that I didn't pay extra for these and were give-aways...so if you pay for shipping, then I will give them away too.

Would I buy from OTI again? Sure I would. The "accessories" were a bit insulting...made me feel like a schmuck, but I did get a good laugh out of it. Having said that...they did provide what they said they would...yes...even the "accessories". Did I mention the phone is great?!

I have not resolved the bill with Sprint yet...right now knowbody at Sprint can tell me what my exact rates or discount will be...but this is Sprint's deal. They confuse themselves with all the codes and names they have for their services. If you think I am kidding...go to SprintPCS.com and try and make sense of what is what. I think I get it now, but need to see if Sprint got it too. Did I mention the phone is great?!
    Last edited by Black Stool; 12/21/2004 at 10:42 PM.
    Now I see why it broke. OTI, take off the accessories or offer at least a working solution. I am glad Black Stool pointed out the issue with the car charger. Now I'm afraid to try that on my new best friend called a treo. "There there 650, I won't plug you in that cheap thing."

Has anyone been brave enough to test the car charger?
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerlover
    i received my smartphone. the service and explanations were great. mike is a standup guy who knows his stuff. i recommend anyone looking for a treo go through him.
    Quote Originally Posted by imate2treo
    Will he standup and give us cases that won't break upon first usage?

Wow! I here a lot of griping for getting the best deal on the internet! I think it's great for OTI to offer this product to us at such a great deal and to be so attentive to our msg board and emails (usually within hours, even on weekends from Mike J, Thanks Mike!) So what if the stinking accessories are not great- what do you expect for free? I understand stating the facts, but c'mon, does that really make the whole deal sour? If you think so, maybe you should ask for a refund, but I doubt you would do that since you have found the best deal there is... even with the crappy accessories.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I'm just trying to stick up for a company that seems to be doing everything they said they would, and who is giving us at this board a lot of love and attention. Thanks OTI.

(PS- I am planning on ordering after I get home from Christmas vaca and judging by the posts from those that have gone through the entire process, including Sprint verification, I'm not worried about it.)
    Not a deal breaker. I would do it again. Still a great deal. Do away with accessories or just offer one item that is not cheap. Protective case for me!
    They are cheap the case and earphone are useless. The car charger works great one less thing I have to buy.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Alright, I've received my phone, which I'm thrilled with, and the accessories, which I'm not terribly enthusiasic about, and lastly my bill. So, what do I see?

$35.00 Sprint PCS Fair & Flexible
    $00.00 PCS Business Connection
    $15.00 PCS Vision Professional
    $05.00 Equipment Protection
    $05.00 PCS To PCS Calling
    $60.00 TOTAL (Plus $14.01 pro-rated for the week prior to the billing cycle)

$599.99 Phone
    $036.00 Activation Fee
    $635.99 TOTAL

-$018.50 PCS Vision Free For 2 Months
    -$150.00 Rebate
    -$100.00 PCS Service Credit
    -$008.15 Nationwide Volume Program Discount
    -$276.65 TOTAL

$39.94 Taxes

$473.29 GRAND TOTAL

Alright, so there it is. I'm curious as to whether this is consistant with everyone else, and I have a couple concerns.

First, I was under the impression that the PCS To PCS service was to be included free of charge. I don't see a credit for this anyplace.

Second, the PCS Vison credit is listing as "Free For 2 Months". Is the proper credit in place, and simply being overriden by the default free 2-months right now? Will I continue receiving a credit for this after two months?

Besides that, I don't see any real issues with the bill. Of course, I will take up these concerns with the proper people (OTI and Sprint); I just posted here to see if I'm anywhere in line with what other customers are seeing.

Ophelan
    I have searched the forum and I am looking for the best deal on the 650 . If you already have a contract with Sprint and want to upgrade from the t600 to the t650, who has the best price? $599?? Everyone can't be a new customer? Thanks.
    I just got my bill too the other day. Boy, was I shocked. The total came to $627.88 because the idiots at PCS charged me twice for the phone when I ported the number, and then issued credits to offset the duplicate charge, but only partially.
    I noticed that initially I was also charged for PCS to PCS calling. I actually changed my plan on the third day I got the phone because I was on a more expensive plan.
    I was on the phone with PCS rep for about 20 minutes to square everything off and got the bill down to $446.17. Mine was activated on Nov 19 and I'm on a $40 Free and Clear with 500 minutes and unlimited nights and weekend. Contrary to your bill, I was not charged with any activation fee. Only questionable item was the volume discount which is not anywhere near 18% to 21% I was expecting. It's more like 12 to 13% which I have a call into PCS to clarify.

Hope this helps.
    They didn't charge me an activation fee either but the state taxes on the equipment more then made up for that I had about $44 worth of taxes on this bill. Total bill was $474 not bad that is with two lines of service for the full billing cycle and a half a month with 3 lines of service.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Regarding the discount percentage, it appears (at least based on what I received), that the discount was only taken off the base service charge ($35 in my case), and only for the 1-month (not the pro-rated extra week). I didn't even think to look at that, thanks. As I understood it, the discount was supposed to be applied to all additional add-ons, with the exeception of overages.

I guess I'll be on the phone with Sprint for awhile today...need to figure out why my number hasn't ported, too.
    I always thought that discounts were on services only and not hardware.

tc
    Quote Originally Posted by imate2treo
    I love the case, except..... it broke the first time I tried to snap it closed . I don't know why people complain about free stuff that works. I just like to complain about free stuff that breaks. I was looking forward to using the case. This is not a deal breaker. Just a little disappointing. Anyone got any super glue?

My two cents

PS. Why the heck would you use the ear bud when you can use bluetooth? Besides, the phone came with an ear bud.
    Shoot me an email, I'll send you another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by techLove
    Wow! I here a lot of griping for getting the best deal on the internet! I think it's great for OTI to offer this product to us at such a great deal and to be so attentive to our msg board and emails (usually within hours, even on weekends from Mike J, Thanks Mike!) So what if the stinking accessories are not great- what do you expect for free? I understand stating the facts, but c'mon, does that really make the whole deal sour? If you think so, maybe you should ask for a refund, but I doubt you would do that since you have found the best deal there is... even with the crappy accessories.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I'm just trying to stick up for a company that seems to be doing everything they said they would, and who is giving us at this board a lot of love and attention. Thanks OTI.

(PS- I am planning on ordering after I get home from Christmas vaca and judging by the posts from those that have gone through the entire process, including Sprint verification, I'm not worried about it.)
    Thanks for the vote of confidence.

As most users here know how long it took for the accessories to be sent out by us, I tried to explain this earlier. Our accessory dealer kept telling us they were waiting also. The only thing I can think of is that the accessories were not being made at the same time as the phone. Or at least not enough.

I made a decision to send out a Car charger that will work with the adapter in the Treo 650 box because of all the anxious posts still doubting that this deal was real and doubting that I would send any accessories out at all. I have used the Car charger and adapter and have had no issues.

I've also had no problems with the case fitting the Treo 650. Trust me, I am still hounding my accessory dealer for better products.
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelan
    Alright, I've received my phone, which I'm thrilled with, and the accessories, which I'm not terribly enthusiasic about, and lastly my bill. So, what do I see?

$35.00 Sprint PCS Fair & Flexible
    $00.00 PCS Business Connection
    $15.00 PCS Vision Professional
    $05.00 Equipment Protection
    $05.00 PCS To PCS Calling
    $60.00 TOTAL (Plus $14.01 pro-rated for the week prior to the billing cycle)

$599.99 Phone
    $036.00 Activation Fee
    $635.99 TOTAL

-$018.50 PCS Vision Free For 2 Months
    -$150.00 Rebate
    -$100.00 PCS Service Credit
    -$008.15 Nationwide Volume Program Discount
    -$276.65 TOTAL

$39.94 Taxes

$473.29 GRAND TOTAL

Alright, so there it is. I'm curious as to whether this is consistant with everyone else, and I have a couple concerns.

First, I was under the impression that the PCS To PCS service was to be included free of charge. I don't see a credit for this anyplace.

Second, the PCS Vison credit is listing as "Free For 2 Months". Is the proper credit in place, and simply being overriden by the default free 2-months right now? Will I continue receiving a credit for this after two months?

Besides that, I don't see any real issues with the bill. Of course, I will take up these concerns with the proper people (OTI and Sprint); I just posted here to see if I'm anywhere in line with what other customers are seeing.

Ophelan
    I'll try to answer a couple of these. PCS to PCS is free for 2 out of 3 of these scenarios:
    -Individual acct with 2 or more lines sharing (family add-a-phone acct) - FREE
    -Corporate liable billed acct - FREE
    -Individual liable acct with one single line on the acct - $5

I am trying to get an answer out of Sprint for the Vision free for 2 months printed on the bill. It does state this on every new customers bill that gets Vision, so I am guessing that it states this by default. The Free Vision for the life of the contract is part of the promo, so if billing errors occur after the 2nd month, I am telling everyone here that I will get it corrected.

MJ
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I have searched the forum and I am looking for the best deal on the 650 . If you already have a contract with Sprint and want to upgrade from the t600 to the t650, who has the best price? $599?? Everyone can't be a new customer? Thanks.
    If you are within 6 months of your contracts end you can do this. Also if you have a 2000 minute plan or higher, you can add a second line with this promo. You bill will remain the same because the second line has no monthly recurring charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall
    I just got my bill too the other day. Boy, was I shocked. The total came to $627.88 because the idiots at PCS charged me twice for the phone when I ported the number, and then issued credits to offset the duplicate charge, but only partially.
    I noticed that initially I was also charged for PCS to PCS calling. I actually changed my plan on the third day I got the phone because I was on a more expensive plan.
    I was on the phone with PCS rep for about 20 minutes to square everything off and got the bill down to $446.17. Mine was activated on Nov 19 and I'm on a $40 Free and Clear with 500 minutes and unlimited nights and weekend. Contrary to your bill, I was not charged with any activation fee. Only questionable item was the volume discount which is not anywhere near 18% to 21% I was expecting. It's more like 12 to 13% which I have a call into PCS to clarify.

Hope this helps.
    The 18% will be off anything that is monthly recurring.
    Quote Originally Posted by texascanuck
    I always thought that discounts were on services only and not hardware.

tc
    true
    OK. So what exactly is the deal if I have Sprint already (on my 600) and have only had it for 6 months or 12 months of a 2 year commitment?
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    OK. So what exactly is the deal if I have Sprint already (on my 600) and have only had it for 6 months or 12 months of a 2 year commitment?
    There's not a simple answer for this one. If you have a 2000 minute plan, you can add a second line and get the promo. Your bill would be the same because there is no monthly recurring charge for the second line.
    After calling OTI Solutions to place an order, how soon after would I get the phone and can start using it?

Thanks,
    Jose