Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Everyone who has ordered through Open Technologies,

I have gone back with the Sprint Support rep and looked at several accts. As I mentioned before there are 2 codes that are added to your acct to give you the 2 promo discounts, GE SUPRA VISION CR and GESC. The GESC credit was added to many users about 3 days after the accts were created. In some cases an initial bill was printed and sent out before the GESC code was applied. For everyone not seeing the extra $100 off the Treo on your initial bill, you will see it on your second printed invoice. Sorry for the confusion, Sprint's order entry had a temp working for someone sick for a couple of days and these were missed. Please email me directly if the credit does not show up on the second invoice. mjones@oti-solutions.com

MJ
    Quote Originally Posted by mjeleven
    Everyone who has ordered through Open Technologies,

I have gone back with the Sprint Support rep and looked at several accts. As I mentioned before there are 2 codes that are added to your acct to give you the 2 promo discounts, GE SUPRA VISION CR and GESC. The GESC credit was added to many users about 3 days after the accts were created. In some cases an initial bill was printed and sent out before the GESC code was applied. For everyone not seeing the extra $100 off the Treo on your initial bill, you will see it on your second printed invoice. Sorry for the confusion, Sprint's order entry had a temp working for someone sick for a couple of days and these were missed. Please email me directly if the credit does not show up on the second invoice. mjones@oti-solutions.com

MJ
    So...if we order now though, we should get the credit right away and not have to wait for 2 invoices to roll by?

tc
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    MJ,

Is there any way to sign up for this deal without changing calling plans? I'm within a month of being out of contract, so renewing is not a problem, but I would like to keep my plan instead of changing.

TIA
    I have the phone!!!!!!! Repeat this is not a drill! I have the phone. Thanks OTI. I just need the unlock code. SS, 1234, 0000, 4718 is not working. Nor is the phone number that I was supposed to be ported to ported. Any thoughts anyone?
    try 6285. I had the same problem and the Sprint tech told me to try that number and it worked.
    My Bluetooth "Toys"

Sprint Treo 700p
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT w/UConnect
    HP DeskJet 450wbt
    i can can also say that i have my treo 650 from OTI in hand and making calls. i called sprint and my attws number will port tommorrow morning. so far so good.

good lord the screen on this thing is beautiful!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I placed my order with OTI late Friday, so Sprint should have received it on Monday. How long has it been taking you guys to get a tracking number?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Never mind, the UPS man beckons. :-)
    Well... I placed my order about 3 weeks ago and I still haven't received my phone or my plan has not been changed... Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. I got the excuse since I'm already a Sprint customer I have to wait...

DH
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelan
    I'm not sure if there is still any doubt as to the legitimacy of this deal, but I found this information which seems to be the source of this real-estate deal. Basically, the newest real-estate lock boxes by Supra are designed to integrate via IrDA with a piece of palm software. Supra's info on this product is here, with a link to this PDF describing the Sprint deal.

Ophelan
    That seems pretty good since it is emanating from a GE subsidiary - GE Industrial but looking at it closer:
    http://204.176.81.74/Sprint/RealEstate/index.html
    I see that it is for a Treo 600. Maybe they didn't update the coupon yet but it does have a 4/30/05 expiry date so that seems up-to-date.

tc
    I have a brand new treo 650 in my hands from oti. You have check with sprint several times to validate service, get the phone to work, etc.... I was a sprint person before. Some times you get a person on the phone that know what they are doing. sometimes you don't. My plan is finally set with the propper options and discounts. Still waiting on accessories. I don't know when to expect them. So far, OTI has nothin but good for me. My advice? Get the phone from OTI. I thought it was a scam at first. Seeing the phone and plan has made me relize that I would have be a waist of money to do it a different way. I have missed a smart phone (imate) for almost a year. Granted the system boots a lot by itself, not as pretty as the imate on the screen, and not being able to delete icons suck. Other than than, I love the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by imate2treo
    I have a brand new treo 650 in my hands from oti. You have check with sprint several times to validate service, get the phone to work, etc.... I was a sprint person before. Some times you get a person on the phone that know what they are doing. sometimes you don't. My plan is finally set with the propper options and discounts. Still waiting on accessories. I don't know when to expect them.
    So you verified that you had those 2 discount codes and that they were for the free vision for 2 years and the $100 credit? Also, how many times approximately (3, 4, 5, 10, ?) did you need to get with Sprint and over what period of time (hours, days, weeks)? Did you need to get OTI in the discussion too?

tc
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Not that I have a ton of posts on TreoCentral I have been around since the VisorCentral days. I just placed an order for mine. I'll post my updates as they happen.
    --Dave

Palm Pro (3 of'em)
    Handspring Visor Deluxe (2 of'em)
    Handspring Prism (2 of'em)
    Handspring Treo 300 (2 of'em)
    Palm Treo 650 (1 of'em and fingers are crossed)
    Quote Originally Posted by esoterica
    MJ,

Is there any way to sign up for this deal without changing calling plans? I'm within a month of being out of contract, so renewing is not a problem, but I would like to keep my plan instead of changing.

TIA
    Should be no problem. The only issue that may happen is if the system does not let the new promo codes attach to Very old plans. This would be rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by imate2treo
    I have the phone!!!!!!! Repeat this is not a drill! I have the phone. Thanks OTI. I just need the unlock code. SS, 1234, 0000, 4718 is not working. Nor is the phone number that I was supposed to be ported to ported. Any thoughts anyone?
    6285 will work
    Hi MJ,

I currently have one month left on my verizon acct, I would like to purchase this phone thru you now with a new number and then when my verizon expires, then transfer over my old number to this phone. Can I do this? if so, is the process easy as it sounds?

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpit
    Not that I have a ton of posts on TreoCentral I have been around since the VisorCentral days. I just placed an order for mine. I'll post my updates as they happen.
    It's been a day since I placed my order and I have had several e-mail communications with Mike. Most of them were because I forgot to add some infomation to my application. I admit I was a little skeptical at first going through these guys but everything seems to be legit.
    --Dave

Palm Pro (3 of'em)
    Handspring Visor Deluxe (2 of'em)
    Handspring Prism (2 of'em)
    Handspring Treo 300 (2 of'em)
    Palm Treo 650 (1 of'em and fingers are crossed)
    FYI to all who are curious about this deal, I just got my 650 from OTI about an hour ago. While I've not received my accessories yet, I'm very pleased with their service thus far. Pony up and grab you a 650!
    Quote Originally Posted by texascanuck
    So you verified that you had those 2 discount codes and that they were for the free vision for 2 years and the $100 credit? Also, how many times approximately (3, 4, 5, 10, ?) did you need to get with Sprint and over what period of time (hours, days, weeks)? Did you need to get OTI in the discussion too?

tc
    I checked with Sprint. They told me I had the 18% discount and the free vision. I have not verified the price of the phone yet. I think I will wait for the bills to come in to verify that one. My assumption is it will be there.

Time frame: This was all within 24 hour period. One of the individuals I spoke with was in training. At least I hope. As far as OTI's envolvement, they don't even exist. All they see is your employer (at least employer related info), discounts, and plan. You have 14 days to change your options or send the phone back. Don't forget to verify with sprint your plan and features.

The deal is pretty sweet!!!

Anyone know the ETA of the accessories?
    Last edited by imate2treo; 12/15/2004 at 02:48 AM.