Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What is your status on PalmOne's website.......?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Never use a debit card for something you might possibly need to return. The level of consumer protection for a debit card vs a real credit card are not the same.

Scott
    Not true. If your debit card has a Visa logo on it, you are portected under Visa's normal policies...just like a credit card. That's why they have their logo on the debit card.
    I don't think there is any difference in the fraud protections with a debit card, no matter how you run it through the system. Since it is a debit card, it doesn't matter if it is processed as a credit or debit. You still can't charge it back.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobva6
    Just called the credit card company and they said "it came through as a charge"
    This is what I refer to in my thread. Now everybody remembers the palmone fiasco of receiving your Treo 600's. Now they have your money, and it might not be until next year before you receive your phone.

And all of you who say that its a "temp charge" with your credit card company, does that mean that those funds are still available to you, if not, sounds like a charge to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    This is what I refer to in my thread. Now everybody remembers the palmone fiasco of receiving your Treo 600's. Now they have your money, and it might not be until next year before you receive your phone.

And all of you who say that its a "temp charge" with your credit card company, does that mean that those funds are still available to you, if not, sounds like a charge to me.

I thought Handspring released the Treo 600 last year.
    That was until they merged, and Palmone took over.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson

No. If it's a hold, you don't have to pay for it, and it doesn't accrue interest. A *big* difference from a charge. To demonstrate, I'll charge you $100 and in return you put a hold for $100 on my credit card. :-)
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Not true. If your debit card has a Visa logo on it, you are portected under Visa's normal policies...just like a credit card. That's why they have their logo on the debit card.
    I believe only if the purchase made through the visa system. If you enter your pin and use your debit card as a debit card you are bypassing the visa system and not covered by the visa protection. Check with your bank or call visa if you have questions.
    The temp charge does not go to Palm. It is like a holder, but Palm gets no use of the funds until the charge goes through. Since you can cancel your order at any time, I would think that if Palm lets these hit the store before they ship to us, they are going to get a ton of cancelled orders.

This has to hurt in two ways.

1. They probably make more money by selling directly, rather than through TC, BB, etc.

2. They will lose accessory sales on those orders (though why anyone pays Palm's price for batteries and cases is beyond me. Dans Cellular on Ebay has better prices).

Anyway, the hold does not give the money to Palm, and they really have to ship before they hit the stores. Damn, I want it Saturday, not next week!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12