1.    #1  
    Does anyone else find it weird that Palmone is not offering a desktop charge/sync cradle on their initial accessory offering? They did with the 270/300 and 600 so why not with the 650? Do they expect all of us to sync wirelessly with bluetooth?
    StevenB
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    It really should be included with the device and not an accessory. Most Pocket PC's have 'em.
    it is on their web site
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenB
    Do they expect all of us to sync wirelessly with bluetooth?
    Use the HotSync cable that comes with the Treo650
    A hotsync cable is not only awkward to use when you need to observe the device while syncing, but you run the risk of scratching the phone when it is just sitting loose on your desk. Also, picking up the phone constantly while attached to the cable could stress the phone's bottom connector.

A phone as expensive as this should have a lousy $30 cradle included. Good grief.
    http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0022&cat=20018

waiting for 5th treo, they have never included sync cradle.
  7.    #7  
    ...It is not available. Not even for pre-order. And funny how it is coming with all sorts of international power adapters. Does that mean we'll have to wait until the GSM comes out?

Look, I understand if they want to sell it as an accessory even though most people will want one. It's the same as a car charger. 99% of the people I know who use treos have one. It's just accepted that it's another $30 that you have to spend.

The issue is why not sell them at the same time you introduce the 650. You're selling the battery, the car charger, etc... Why not something as simple as a desktop cradle.
    StevenB
    The phone ought to come with a cradle. Is the synch cable also capable of charging the battery? They have to give you a means to keep the thing charged.
    Eric
    Well, its just like the 600 - you get a sync cable with an input "y" connector to plug in the power adapter. You can also plug the power adapter directly into the 650 without the sync cable. It works, its just not convenient or, in my opinion, as safe as a cradle.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    The phone ought to come with a cradle. Is the synch cable also capable of charging the battery? They have to give you a means to keep the thing charged.
    Eric
    Yes, the device charges through the cable as it does through a car charger. It's still a sorry approach; the Treo is the only device I've owned that didn't come with a cradle.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    I will admit that the cable charger travels easier.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Well now that you mentioned that split cable, it just dawned on me that we dont have a cradle for the 600. Guess that shows how often I need one. I have 3 different chargers, the synch cable, a wall charger, and a cool travel charger that has both an AC plug and a lighter plug. When I load apps and synch, I spend very little time with it hooked to my PC and generally just charge it all night and on the hip all day. Now, with my old Samsung I330, I loved the cradle because not only did the phone rest in there nicely but it had a back up slot for the free spare battery.
    Eric
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../6-39--109.htm

$49.95, $10 below PalmOne's price.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    It looks like the power cable connects to the back of the cradle, meaning that you will have to have 2 wires across your desk. Pretty annoying, but I doubt a 3rd party will make a better one any time soon. On the 600 cradle the power connected neatly away under the desk. You would think the aesthetics would get better not worse as the version goes up.
    One cool thing they did include was an adapter cable that allowed me to use my wifes Samsung VGA1000 car charger on my 650. This may only be from sprint.
    There's nothing worse than a $600 phone laying haphazardly on a desk....one looses cool points for that!
    ~ ScandaLous ~