1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the vibrate function of the 600 or 650 is part of the battery or part of the phone itself?

I remember on my old Nokia 6160, the standard battery did not vibrate but you could buy another battery that would vibrate. This got me to thinking...

If the vibrate function is actually part of the battery, perhaps a company could create an aftermarket replaceable battery for the 650 that has stronger vibrate capabilities.

Thoughts?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    an aftermarket replaceable battery for the 650 that has stronger vibrate capabilities.
    Thoughts?
    Not to pry into your private life, but what exactly are you planning on doing with this "stronger" vibrating battery, hehe?
    it is not part of the battery
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    Not to pry into your private life, but what exactly are you planning on doing with this "stronger" vibrating battery, hehe?
    This should go under the "What do you use your Treo for" thread.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    The 600 doesn't have a removable battery, so it's definitely built in. Good idea though.
    Pete
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEMT
    The 600 doesn't have a removable battery, so it's definitely built in. Good idea though.
    Just because the battery's built in to the 600 doesn't necessarily mean that the vibration capability wasn't part of the battery though right (even if that isn't actually the case)?

Perhaps a battery with additional vibration capabilities could make it stronger, on top of what the phone does on its own
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."