1.    #1  
    Can they do this?!?!? It seems unAmerican!!!!

-----------------------------------------
    We regret to inform you that we are unable to complete your order. We
    sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

The following item(s) is unavailable and has been cancelled from your
    order:

Item: 1695520
    Description: PALM Screen Protector Multi
    Quantity: 1 @ $ 19.99

Item: 1767721
    Description: PALM Treo 650 USB
    Quantity: 1 @ $ 599.00

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only
    system that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this
    message.

Thank you for shopping with palmOne Sales. Please visit our website
    often as we are continually expanding our product assortment to serve
    you better.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
    palmOne Sales
    ha are you going to re-order? i wounder why?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Did you type your Credit Card info correctly? Sometimes even the name on the card being spelled wrong will cause an auto-order system to reject an order.
  4.    #4  
    I had a really early orde rnumber: 41108788154!!!!
    It had already gone past 'order received' to 'backordered'!!!
    I'm in shock!
    I hate to ask, but did you actually attend the Road show and sign in?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    UnAmerican? No. In fact, this is capitalism in action for you. It's called supply and demand.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    I hate to ask, but did you actually attend the Road show and sign in?
    He ordered from PalmOne not Vienna Channels.
  8.    #8  
    I've registered for the roadshow but it hits Boston tomorrow, so this is just my palmone store order.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyazz
    He ordered from PalmOne not Vienna Channels.
    My bad. Hope he gets it straightened out!

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by wbarker
    I've registered for the roadshow but it hits Boston tomorrow, so this is just my palmone store order.
    But that's more reason why you SHOULD NOT be getting this letter! If P1 is saying the phone is "Unavailable" and canceling orders, that's a real bad sign to me!

Have you called them? Please keep us posted.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Did you try using someone else's Treo600 esn number to get the free BT headset?
  12.    #12  
    OK, I called and got it all figured out:
    11/8 morning - I read on TC that I could pre-order and I went ahead and did it.
    11/8 afternoon - I got the email about the free headset with Treo600 serial number when ordering, so I ordered one that way.
    11/8 evening - I called to cancel the first order but I was told that it couldn't be cancelled until after 10 PM. After further consideration (and recollecting last year's release of the 600) I decided that I would NOT cancel the first order. This way, I would have a 650 in the first shipments (last year it took an extra 6 days for me to get my order as compared to people who ordered the following day - I think this was due to the fact that I ordered on their highest-volume day or something like that).
    11/9 The guy who told me he couldn't cancel the order and I should call back at 10 PM on 10/8 must have processed the cancel order request
    11/10 I got the notification that the order was cancelled.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here because it seems a little unlikely that a service rep would tell me it can't be cancelled and that I should call in later to cancel it, but that he would also take down all my info and process the cancellation the next day.