1.    #1  
    I think this is one of the more important statements made by P1 recently.

It doesn't look like it is going to happen.

Very similar that they will not "commit" to using Cobalt on the Treo 650.

Just not going to happen.
    "Wi Fi" Where did they say this? Not at my roadshow.
  3.    #3  
    Apparently at the most recent Road Show in Chicago.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=61687&page=3

See msg #107. (sorry I don't know how to link a specific message).

Todd might be about to shed more light.
    as I gather from various comments they are commited to it, some time, but not now, otherwise they'd had it included, its as simple as that.

anyone waiting for wifi in the 650 is fooling him-herself.
    According to the TreoChat log a representative from P1 said yesterday that they are working on the WiFi drivers. Why keep trolling WiFi? Al
    shut up about wifi! there about 50 threads about it. post on another thread! geez
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    According to the TreoChat log a representative from P1 said yesterday that they are working on the WiFi drivers. Why keep trolling WiFi? Al
    It seems one arm is saying Maybe, another is saying, No, another is still hoping, but not yet committing. All seems to sum up to a big NO for the T650. Maybe for the next version, with Cobalt. Doesn't look good for the T650, otherwise, they would not just now be beginning to think about an attachment. If it was an easy driver fix, it would have already happened by now for the T600 and the T650. It is a power issue to the SDIO and it was not address in this "upgrade."

Maybe they will take notice for the next version...if they "can hear us now."
    Maybe they'll committ to wifi like they committed to bluetooth on the T600. They'll print it right on the box and then make it impossible for developers to follow through.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeos
    shut up about wifi! there about 50 threads about it. post on another thread! geez
    This is new information on Wi-Fi, Zeos.

It seems sad that you haven't figured out the true capacity of a true smartphone...well, actually, you have...the true limitations of a PalmPhone (which are becoming more apparent to me every day now, memory, BT 1.1, BT DUN, wi-fi, camera, website limitations, expandability, storage, video, speed, whoo, I have to rest).

Nice form factor, though, for a PalmPhone. Hard to duplicate. Just not truly a fully-capable smartphone...YET. A few more upgrades and it will be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbright

It seems sad that you haven't figured out the true capacity of a true smartphone...well, actually, you have...the true limitations of a PalmPhone (which are becoming more apparent to me every day now, memory, BT 1.1, BT DUN, wi-fi, camera, website limitations, expandability, storage, video, speed, whoo, I have to rest).

Nice form factor, though, for a PalmPhone. Hard to duplicate. Just not truly a fully-capable smartphone...YET. A few more upgrades and it will be there.
    None of this is new information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, gosh rbright, if you think the product sucks why are you spending so much time with it. Its obvious that this is the worst device in the history of creation. I mean, when Ford rolled that first car off the assembly line there were plenty of people ready to complain that it didn't suit their exact needs like the one off cars that were already out on the market. So you are in good company.

Don't get me wrong, my sarcasm notwithstanding, its a good thing to let your voice be heard and your opinions be discussed. However, methinks you have made your point. You can rest your weary fingers now. Palmone has heard you and others. Now they will decide how and, more importantly, when to make their changes so that it suits the mass market they are targeting. Nothing you will say is going to change their delivery of the 650 or the ambiguous way they answer questions about it. Its the nature of capitalism.

Again, take my sarcasm as just that and not a personal attack as I am sure you were not personally attacking anyone with your sarcasm.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    the thread title should be:

"P1 will not commit to stay in business"
    Apparently at the most recent Road Show in Chicago.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=61687&page=3

See msg #107. (sorry I don't know how to link a specific message).

Todd might be about to shed more light.

I was at the Chicago Roadshow and there was no ultimatum-like statement like this either way! The impression I got is that PalmOne got an ear-ful from media types and press etc about the lack of wifi on the Treo 650 and the Ed Bradley wanted to make an emphasis that they would definitely try to work on SD wifi drivers for the Treo. But PalmOne does not definitely want to commit to this stance b/c they don't want to back down later from such a statement if they can't deliver later on. At the roadshow, the PalmOne execs made the point that the SDIO slot definitely had the power requirements to power such an SD wifi card, and the only major limitatons was whether the drivers could be written. My take is that Palmone will try to build the drivers, but if they ever do succeed, it probably won't be available for a very looong time...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Wish I could shed more light, but they wouldn't "commit" because they weren't sure they could--as explained well by gfunk. Better to underpromise and overdeliver than vice-versa, I suppose...

Todd/indy
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    Wish I could shed more light, but they wouldn't "commit" because they weren't sure they could--as explained well by gfunk. Better to underpromise and overdeliver than vice-versa, I suppose...

Todd/indy

Exactly...basically covering their arse in the vernacular. Typical corporate line stuff, but it doesn't mean that PalmOne is not working on the drivers for the Treo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I think we've found another alter ego of seldomvisitor (take a look at rbright's other posts)

Please stop feeding the trolls.

TheHandlessKing
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    poster bash poster bash poster bash
    Poor kookums.

Simply unable to stay on-topic, eh?

Signs of fanaticism.

Remind me not to start a discussion of politics.
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 11/11/2004 at 05:52 AM.