Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    At least we remember those old days, and even though we didn't grow up with computers as kids we still learned to deal with them.
    My earliest comp had no hard drive and ran off dual floppies.
    My first hardware upgrade was a DX chip (math co-processor) card for the MB.

Many thankx to all for the helpfull info on the SD cards!!!
    I love being digital!!!
    Just ordered an UltraII 1gb from zipzoomfly.com $88.75, free shipping (2-day) and no tax.

How about my trusty Atari 800 jam packed to the hilt with 48kb (yes KB) of memory and an external cassette tape drive for "mass storage". OMG
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    That's strange... I just went to the site, and it's $92 and out of stock...
    DOH!
    My order was for a CF card, not SD. A thousand pardons, please?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    no problem! still looking for a decent price/availability on the ultra II 1 gig SD (without charging $10-20 to ship the little thing!)
    Gawd you people are old!

Anyway, I'll think I'll wait until 2 GB SD card fall to ~$100 bucks before I jump...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks GFunk for the Paris dancing link ......

I am with you on waiting for the 2gb price falls.
    See this thread. Mine was shipped today for $180!!
    Quote Originally Posted by adamtraidman
    See this thread. Mine was shipped today for $180!!
    Thanks, I just ordered one at the same price from a different rep!
    S500 man, the PNY SD-CF adapter on Amazon is awesome. its about $30 and comes with a 16mb SD guitar pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by ianjd
    If you don't mind a slightly longer sync time you can configure BackupBuddy to automatically backup your installed SD card when you hotsync, automating the backup of your card backup. Came in useful when I had some flaky Sandisk cards a couple of years back.

Yup, bluesync by Bluesquirrel does the same thing and backs up the SD card every hotsync...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR114
    I must be beyond Geritol, as I remember purchasing four quad density 5 1/4" floppy drives ...
    You're a mere youngster! I remember using a keypunch machine to write programs on punch cards, feeding the cards into a card reader, and waiting 6 hours for the printout to come back.

I also remember using a slide rule ...
    My earliest comp had no hard drive and ran off dual floppies.
    dual floppies?
    My first computer was a TRS-80 color computer (CoCo)
    16k total system memory (RAM) that we piggyback soldered another 16k ram chips for a total of 32k ram (That cost like $300). We saved all programs on casette tape drive. Just like a regular kids audio casette tape deck but it had 3 plugs that connected into the computer. We bought games on casette tapes. We finally upgraded to a external 5.25 inch floppy that cost us $349 on closeout!!!! We still have 8 inch floppies at home for the old TRS-80 model I and III as well.....We connected to the "BBS" bulletin boards with one of those old 300 baud hayes modems that you had to put the phone handset into. It had a big yellow light that would be lit when you were "connected"
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Quote Originally Posted by car_designer
    dual floppies?
    16k total system memory (RAM) that we piggyback soldered another 16k ram chips for a total of 32k ram (That cost like $300). We saved all programs on casette tape drive. Just like a regular kids audio casette tape deck but it had 3 plugs that connected into the computer. We bought games on casette tapes. We finally upgraded to a external 5.25 inch floppy that cost us $349 on closeout!!!! We still have 8 inch floppies at home for the old TRS-80 model I and III as well.....We connected to the "BBS" bulletin boards with one of those old 300 baud hayes modems that you had to put the phone handset into. It had a big yellow light that would be lit when you were "connected"
    badass
    1 | 2
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by car_designer
    dual floppies?
    Ha ha, I had an old Trs-30 color computer too! My first one had 4k ram! Then I thought I was all big and bad when I had bought my 2nd one with 64K!

My God look at how far we have come......I have more power in the palm of my hand now then what I had on a desktop back then.

I can't imagine what the next 20 years will bring.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    www.supermediastore.com

They have ritek ridata 1gb SD card for 85 shipped.

Its a 66x card so that makes it what...faster then the ultra 2?

i ordered this card after empty searches for the 2gb card. No one has it in stock.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12