Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 97
  1.    #1  
    Well, it's official. We heard it straight form the horses mouth (that being Palm's on-line chat). Mac support for the Treo is non-existant. In fact; instead of stopping development, they seem to be crippling existing features that previously worked on the Mac.

    No Bluetooth syncing now!

    It gets worse everyday. Why do I continue reading this board?

    Now, maybe people will believe what I have been trumpeting over the last four months.
  2. #2  
    Who cares about Mac? Mac is only loved by sad trekies, graphic designers or limp-wristed, artsy-fartsy types who think 'Apple' is the mother planet, Steve Jobs is the head Oumpa and all the little Mac machines are cuddly aliens that need to be adopted and protected by their human hosts.

    They look nice though.
  3. icewing's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz8
    Who cares about Mac? Mac is only loved by sad trekies, graphic designers or limp-wristed, artsy-fartsy types who think 'Apple' is the mother planet, Steve Jobs is the head Oumpa and all the little Mac machines are cuddly aliens that need to be adopted and protected by their human hosts.

    They look nice though.
    Don't forget IT professionals that don't want to have to reboot their machines everyday, reinstall Windoze every other month, or worry about all of the viruses and security flaws...and instead want a rock-solid, intuitive computing experience...
  4. #4  
    Rock-solid? How about dull, proprietary and requiring of a PhD in 1st class geekyness to use. I want dynamic, widely compatible and intuitive.

    Apple's may look good but that's all box. What's in the box sucks. And more to the point it's antiquated. PC is the future. Mac is only the future of what you're going to see in glass cases as examples of what 'pretty but quickly obsolete computers looked like' down at your local Technology Museum.

    They DO look nice though.
  5. #5  
    As a person who shares an office with a bunch of Mac users I can attest to what a load of bollocks that is. I've seen the Mac BSOS (Brown-Screen of Death). I've seen the Mac servers that cannot change their IP without a complete rebuild. I've seen the Macs flood our network with multicast traffic. I've seen the Macs VPN client that doesn't work. I've seen the Macs advertise themselves to everything on the network and the try to advertise out to the net like a $5 crack-***** on street corner.

    I would consider a Mac more of security risk simply because Mac users are so ignorant about security, whilst there are only a fraction of virus's, worms, trojans, and keyloggers for the Mac with regards to the PC - Mac users seem to think they are above infection and as such usually take no security precautions (lack of AV, no anti-spyware software etc).

    Being in the security industry I would also like to point out the numerous patches Apple have released this year to fix security flaws in the Mac OS, iirc the last patch had 12 fixes alone.

    Sorry but Taz8 nailed it on the head.
  6. #6  
    Taz, I bet that you've NEVER used a mac for more than 2 min. in a CompUSA. And Yes, Apple does make superior software and hardware, I'm sorry if you can't afford it or aren't smart enough to use it.

    Oh, and then you have Vulcan, yet another person who has never used a mac. I just love ignorance.
  7. #7  
    Apology accepted.

    Oh, and I love the irony of you preaching ignorance with an avatar like that.
  8. #8  
    What a nice guy taz8 - get a life, what are you so angry about? "Archie" just brought up a simple point that I learned something from. What you posted doesn't help anyone, it just keeps people away. Find something to do with yourself.
    Now go a head and be mad at me!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz8
    Apology accepted.

    Oh, and I love the irony of you preaching ignorance with an avatar like that.
    And I love how you say stuff that makes absolutely no sense.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz8
    Who cares about Mac? Mac is only loved by sad trekies, graphic designers or limp-wristed, artsy-fartsy types who think 'Apple' is the mother planet, Steve Jobs is the head Oumpa and all the little Mac machines are cuddly aliens that need to be adopted and protected by their human hosts.

    They look nice though.
    This is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time...
  11. #11  
    I bet that whatever their Mac support is, it's better than Linux.
  12. #12  
    Slffl - You know what an avatar is, right? Do they have those in your precious Mac world? You know, out in Jesusland.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz8
    Slffl - You know what an avatar is, right? Do they have those in your precious Mac world? You know, out in Jesusland.
    OMG, do you even know what the words ironic and ignorant mean? HAHAHAH, didn't think so. I would love, just LOVE to see how your mind came up with your previous comment about the avatar.
  14. #14  
    taz you're an *****. a simple point is raised and you have to give a stupid wisea** remark. it's all about choice, not what taz thinks. if you're so gung ho over windows why are you not using pocket pc. people like you seem to be just looking for arguments instead of offering constructive criticism. now you can hate me too.
    Banoo... what's that smell?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by slffl
    OMG, do you even know what the words ironic and ignorant mean? HAHAHAH, didn't think so. I would love, just LOVE to see how your mind came up with your previous comment about the avatar.

    Um, that's a pretty obvious leap really. Your avatar isn't there for simple amusement. I would think most people would consider it to be making a statement.

    If you need me to lead you by the hand through basic logic, first you'll need to put down and step away from the Mac, climb out of your little closet and learn to speak English. OMG isn't English. Is that Klingon? Ironic and ignorant, however, are English. And they're pretty common words to boot. I think we all know what they mean. But thanks for caring enough to ask.

    One thing seems really strange to me though...why you'd even be having such an issue with logic? Isn't logic the single, central premise of your Vulcan culture? More precious even than emotion - except when is comes to loving Mac's of course.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Banoo
    taz you're an *****. a simple point is raised and you have to give a stupid wisea** remark. it's all about choice, not what taz thinks. if you're so gung ho over windows why are you not using pocket pc. people like you seem to be just looking for arguments instead of offering constructive criticism. now you can hate me too.
    Thanks! You guys are all so generous, apologetic and loving! It almost makes me want to become a pansy-arsed, flower-power, Apple Mac digging space-cadet. Nearly, but not quite.
  17. #17  
    Back to the issue at hand. I don't know where you saw that palm1 will not support Mac. I have always used Macs and there is a hole section on the Palm1 site that talks about Pal and Mac. The link I am adding talks specifically about bluetooth. Notice Treo 650 is one of the devices. There are 2 branches of the company and this was talked about long ago. Palm suck and wants nothing to do with Mac. Palm1 on the other hand is doing everything to bridge the gap. Read http://www.palmone.com/us/macintosh/wireless.html
  18. #18  
    You know what, let's get down to it. All this fancy-dan smart-arsed banter only dances around the issue.

    I hate Mac's?

    'People like you are only looking for arguments'?

    Let's get's one thing straight. I wasn't the one that wrote the title that started this thread. 'Palm hates Mac'.

    QED...

    You hate Palm.

    And people like you are childish, churlish and make stupid inflamatory comments that are about as far removed from 'constructive critism' as you can get.

    I'm not the ***** here.
  19. #19  
    hey taz i use windows xp most of the time. does that make you a pansy too? what car do you drive? i'm getting ready to buy one and want to make sure i make the right choice.
    Banoo... what's that smell?
  20. #20  
    Some might consider me pansy-arsed? Perhaps even a lover of flower-power? But sadly for all you space-cadets out there I don't dig Mac's. I would have thought that might have been obvious by now, no?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions