1.    #1  
    What is the best way to move my existing applications on the 600 to my new 650? I have BackupBuddy. Can I do a restore using that software? I will have the same user name. Other ideas? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Overly
    What is the best way to move my existing applications on the 600 to my new 650? I have BackupBuddy. Can I do a restore using that software? I will have the same user name. Other ideas? Thanks.
    Fire up hotsynch. Right click on the hotsynch icon and left click custom. Scroll to the bottom of the conduit list and click 'System'. Then click 'Handheld overwrites desktop'. That scary sounding option means that the hotsynch will copy all the options, applications and nice little things you've done to your Treo 600 to make it yours. Then hotsynch your 600.

Then install the new 650 desktop and do a regular hotsynch - overwriting everything. You should end up with a new version of what you had on your 600.

Now, for the big question. How did you get the 650?

Have fun!
  3.    #3  
    Just ordered it from PalmOne. Just thinking ahead.
    The 650 should come with instructions for those upgrading from the older treos. I know the 600 had instructions for those coming from a 300 (both Sprint).
    From reading the Sprint Treo 650 manual (found on line-search the forums for the link), they seem to want you to install fresh Palm desktop software. The first HotSync will check your old apps and data to see if there are any known incompatabilities with the T650 versus the T600 [and there are likely to be a few given the new memory management]. It will then quarantine the questionable apps. This is essentially identical to the process when we upgraded from T180/270/300s to the T600.
    not me

I'm going to go clean on my 650 because I have a 300 and I want to start over fresh.
    I know it will require a bit more work on my part but I like to play with new toys as is to see how all things work and then add back my favorite apps one by one to see the affect, if any.
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    heres a question. my computer is pretty messed up. i need to reformat immediately.
    my question is what do i do to retain my hotsynch after the format. can this be done. i dont want to get my treo 600 and not be able to hotsyn key info.
    Wahili, do you have a 600? If so, I'd advise backing up to a SD card (Backupman is my favorite). When you reformat your computer, keep your treo unconnected from the cable. Install the hotsync software. When it asks you to sync for the first time it *should* create a new profile and copy all the information off your phone.