Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Well, for over 2 weeks I have been suffering from the dreaded buzzing scenario that has been detailed elsewhere. The phone was really useless as a phone; other people couldn't even hear what I was saying. This is the first problem I've expereinced with my Treo (I have one of the coveted hardware revision B ones).

I called ATTWS, and they were gonna replace (!) it, until they realized "Oh, we don't cover PDA devices". Well NO S**T SHERLOCK! But I figured I'd better explore all options. I then called PalmOne and they immediately agreed that it was hardware relaed and would exchange it I had 2 options. (They also waived the $25 service call fee):

1. Return to PalmOne for R&R and they'd ship it back to me; turnaround approx. 3-7 business days. However, if they cannot repair my device, they reserve the right to replace my Treo with a refurb'd unit at their discretion.
    2. Return device to PalmOne, and they'd replace with a new unit "refurbished to like-new factory specifications". Turnaround time 1-3 business days.

I chose option one.

Now, I know what you all are thinking: "Why not use XiaoBin's instruction guide for fixing it yourself?" Here's my reasoning: should I decide to sell my Treo, I can state that it was professionally repaired, not hacked into by yours truly. Secondly, the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. My Treo has been flawless up to this point; occasionally buggy, but nothing that really was an issue. After hearing all the possible issues that crop up, I'd rather keep my own, repaired under warranty, than attempt to correct it myself, since I AM NOT AN ENGINEER!

So, I did a complete backup and ::deep breath:: did a hard reset (I actually had to look that up since I had never done it before), wrapped my baby in bubblewrap, put it in a box with peanuts and taped the everloving heck outta it, and overnighted it to PalmOne today.

So, I am without my Treo for a week. I'm back to using my Motorola T720, and I am wondering how I ever got around without my Treo. Can't Google for stuff, can't read T|C, can't take pics, can't check my schedule. I can, however, make phone calls without yelling and people saying "what did you say? I'm gonna have to call you back, this is a lousy connection!"

I'll keep you all posted. Fingers crossed
    -Craig J.

Visor Platinum -= Clie T615CS -= treo 600 -=treo 650 -= Tilt
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "
    -Douglas Adams
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    good luck. I had the buzzing problem and they shipped me a unit before I sent mine back. I think you have to call a couple times to get someone who gives you the right answer. I think you'll be fine if you actually survive until you get it back.....
    Should be ok. I chose to get a replacement rather than getting mine repaired since it had a few dings and I wanted a pristine condition phone to sell on ebay when the 650 is avail

of course it took 2 replacements to get a working phone...
    Last edited by scottymomo; 11/10/2004 at 08:22 AM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    After 8 months of flawless functioning, I did wat Scottymomo did. I returned my Treo 600 for a replacement that could be perhaps refurbished or brand new. The Treo 600 I returned was so beat up outside, that it would probably not sell well when I do decide to ebay it eventually. In four months, my warranty will have expired so I thought this was best.

Nevertheless, if your phone is out of warranty, I would gamble to rid yourself of the buzzing by opening the unit up.

my two cents,
    The Physician
    I've had my T600 since June, and I recently developed a different problem (orange pixels on the screen). I called PalmOne and chose the replacement option. My refurb arrived in about 3 days, looking like new, and after a week of heavy use it seems to be just as good as the original. I was a little nervous about this option but so far, so good.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    A quick update:

It was reparied the same day it was delivered to Palm and returned to me via DHL 2-Day. If it was sent on Thursday, wouldn't 2-Day service be Monday??? Not according to DHL; it's scheduled for delivery on Tuesday by 5:00PM

Retards.

Anyhoo, here's hoping they repaired it properly. My Treo is in flawless condition otherwise: no orange pixels, no scratched, used a case and screen covers since I owned it. That's why I opted for repair rather than replacement.
    -Craig J.

Visor Platinum -= Clie T615CS -= treo 600 -=treo 650 -= Tilt
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "
    -Douglas Adams