Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Lots of good info from today's chat with PalmOne rep. I consolidated comments here:

http://www.geocities.com/gotwhims/tr...m1chat_log.htm
    Awesome job there!
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Cool! Thanks.
    look like you were interested in the fact that the GSM model will be available in Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileDave
    Lots of good info from today's chat with PalmOne rep. I consolidated comments here:

http://www.geocities.com/gotwhims/tr...m1chat_log.htm
    Fav quote: "Survey results indicated that users rarely used all 32 MB present on the Treo 600"

Must not have talked to me or about 100 other people I know with Treos who say this is a huge problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Fav quote: "Survey results indicated that users rarely used all 32 MB present on the Treo 600"

Must not have talked to me or about 100 other people I know with Treos who say this is a huge problem.
    I bet a lot of treo600 users are simple businessmen who use little more than the basics on the phone and maybe a few company provided pieces of software.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

So it looks like Fri., Nov. 12 is the ship date!!! Wonder if I'll get it on Saturday...a whole weekend to play...I can't hardly wait! How immature can I really get?
    And twice they reiterated that their GSM phones will be unlocked, just as I had stated in one post (and was immediately flamed by the monkey "eldorado")

<PalmOne> We at PalmOne sell our GSM Treo 650 sim card unlocked, meaning that the device can be used with any GSM carrier supporting the Treo 650.

<PalmOne> All GSM demo phones purchased through the PalmOne Road Show are unlocked, and will operate with any carrier that supports GSM and the Treo 650.

next time give a newbie the benefit of doubt before you pounce on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec

Sounds like the same exit polling that showed Kerry would win by a landslide!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Actually I've never found the memory to be an issue, and I've got quite a bit of "junk" on my Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by AVANTI
    And twice they reiterated that their GSM phones will be unlocked, just as I had stated in one post (and was immediately flamed by the monkey "eldorado")

<PalmOne> We at PalmOne sell our GSM Treo 650 sim card unlocked, meaning that the device can be used with any GSM carrier supporting the Treo 650.

<PalmOne> All GSM demo phones purchased through the PalmOne Road Show are unlocked, and will operate with any carrier that supports GSM and the Treo 650.

next time give a newbie the benefit of doubt before you pounce on him.
    [I quoted your whole message on purpose - something I usually try not to do]

You have taken two separate facts and created a third "fact" that is not at all related to the two facts.

(1) Any SIM CARD that PalmOne sells is not locked.

(2) The DEMO units at the Roadshow were unlocked.

(3) Ipso facto, all GSM TREO 650s are unlocked.

No, not ipso facto - not even CLOSE to ipso facto.

But thanks for playing!
    I tried to pry any information I could out of him about Verizon picking up the phone, If he know that there is no interest in Canada, also no interest with T-mobile, then I assumed he would know something about Verizon. Guess not.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    [I quoted your whole message on purpose - something I usually try not to do]

You have taken two separate facts and created a third "fact" that is not at all related to the two facts.

(1) Any SIM CARD that PalmOne sells is not locked.

(2) The DEMO units at the Roadshow were unlocked.

(3) Ipso facto, all GSM TREO 650s are unlocked.

No, not ipso facto - not even CLOSE to ipso facto.

But thanks for playing!
    The palmone rep said that any GSM Treo650 sold BY palmone is "sim card unlocked (one phrase)." I don't see where anyone on this thread claimed that ALL GSM Treo 650s are unlocked. Carrier's can lock phones sold by them at their discretion...
    dont you guys have guys over there in the US that can unlock phones? its common practice here in asia ...
    Wooohoo!!!

The most important unaswered question is now answered...just hope this rep knows what he is talking about.

"The Treo 650 will support the speeds of expansion cards such as the SanDisk Ultra II (10 MB/sec read, 9 MB/sec write)."
    Thanks, MobileDave!
    I couldn"e believe the mrmory answer. Suervy shows most people dont use it all.
    /?????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    I couldn"e believe the mrmory answer. Suervy shows most people dont use it all.
    /?????????????

The survey says "Survey results indicated that users rarely used all 32 MB present on the Treo 600, and instead chose to use SD expansion cards."

which is true. Because the memory is so limited I just install to the SD card when i can. Now if they asked "How much memory would you like to see included on the treo 32, 64, 96, 128?" they would have a different answer.
    The survey says "Survey results indicated that users rarely used all 32 MB present on the Treo 600, and instead chose to use SD expansion cards."

which is true. Because the memory is so limited I just install to the SD card when i can. ..
    Ah, yes - you have learned how to read PalmOne's words!

Well done!
    I have a Tungsten T3 that will be replaced with the 650 when the GSM version is available. I have ALL KINDS of stuff on my T3. I'm a power user etc...

Using Powerrun and an SD card has created all sorts of extra space on my T3. I don't come anywhere close to filling up the memory of the T3. I expect the same will be the case, especially since i don't believe powerrun will be necessary on the 650 since it can launch apps directly from the card.

So, I think if you are concerned about the memory, I would first get the thing and examine this new capability and see how that plays out. I think you might be surprised at the amount of memory on the device if you can play it off against the SD card to a degree.

J
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast