1.    #1  
    Will the GPRS version of the 650 support PDANET like application to connects a laptop to t-mobile with bluetooth or cabled?

When will blackberry function be available? I thought RIMM and PALM had a project?
    Last edited by george_vc; 11/09/2004 at 02:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by george_vc
    Will the GPRS version of the 650 support PDANET like application to connects a laptop to t-mobile with bluetooth or cabled?

When will blackberry function be available? I thought RIMM and PALM had a project?

Nov 09 09:29:19 <PalmOne> We are currently working with RIM on releasing the BlackBerry mail client for Treo users. Expect to see a release sometime in January, 2005.

- and -

Nov 09 09:32:42 <PalmOne> The BlackBerry mail client will be downloadable software that will operate in conjunction with existing software or mail clients.
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    You won't need anything like PDANet to support using your 650 as a modem on a GSM Treo 650. It will be supported natively via Bluetooth. I'm using a PC connected through my T-Mobile phone via Bluetooth to surf the net right now... no issues. Will be the same way with the Treo 650.

BlackBerry/RIM functionality is in the works (but yeah, they've been saying that forever now).
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert C. Lee
    You won't need anything like PDANet to support using your 650 as a modem on a GSM Treo 650. It will be supported natively via Bluetooth. I'm using a PC connected through my T-Mobile phone via Bluetooth to surf the net right now... no issues. Will be the same way with the Treo 650.

BlackBerry/RIM functionality is in the works (but yeah, they've been saying that forever now).
    Sorry I guess I have one more question then.... if you have native bluetooth support then will that work for MAC bluetooth powerbook as well ?
    Last edited by george_vc; 11/09/2004 at 02:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by george_vc
    Sorry I guess I have one more question then.... if you have native bluetooth support then will that work for MAC bluetooth powerbook as well ?
    Presumably yes... provided both ends support the Dial-Up Networking (DUN) profile, you should be home-free. I have 2 Bluetooth phones working under a Linux machine and a WinXP machine. I can't imagine MacOS will be any different.
    Hey BroncosFan, good to see another Denver person (or fan) here on the forum. I'm hoping I get the 650 this weekend while the Broncos have their bye...it'd be a shame to miss their game because I'm playing on my new toy. (Really, I must grow up, I really must).
    dmax -

what's worse no 650 or no broncos game??
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
    Oh, what a toss up....let me think about it some....No Treo really hurts. But if we guarentee a Bronco win...it might be a tie.