1.    #1  
    I recently puchased a used Treo 600 from someone. Along with the phone, they gave me the receipt that they printed from buying the Treo from an online store (unbranded). However, I can't find the printed receipt anymore. I registered the Treo at palmone.com with the information when I first got the phone. My problem is that the charger will not stay connected to the handset (it won't click in) anymore. Also, there are a few small spots on the screen that are brighter than the rest of the screen. I just wanted to know if there was anyway I could get the phone repaired free of charge. I tried calling Palmone's support line but they were charging $25. This is really confusing me! Can anyone help? Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by livinginclip; 11/09/2004 at 01:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    If you follow the prompts, you can get to a live person (in India!) and, if it's hardware related problems, they will waive the $25 fee. They will tell you where to ship your Treo so they can either fix/send you a new one.

Granted, the above is true only if within the first year of ownership.
    -Craig J.

Visor Platinum -= Clie T615CS -= treo 600 -=treo 650 -= Tilt
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "
    -Douglas Adams
  3.    #3  
    The Treo was purchased in April, but I can't find the receipt. Will they know that it is still in the first year of warranty? Thanks for your reply
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Yup, they ask what the serial number is; they can look it up.

Wait, was it purchased NEW in April?
    -Craig J.

Visor Platinum -= Clie T615CS -= treo 600 -=treo 650 -= Tilt
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "
    -Douglas Adams
  5.    #5  
    I found the receipt! It was purchased from expansys.com in April, I'm assuming it was new. I just bought it from the previous owner a month or so ago. I'm loving it! It's just really annoying how the charger will not stay plugged into the phone. Do you think this problem is covered under warranty? I'm dreading being without it for so long
    You can try buying the charge/sync cradle if you are worried about the power charger being the only problem (and if you only charge the phone in one place). It sits upright in the cradle so the plug would stay plugged in. That way you'd be able to sync/charge without sending the unit into palm for a possible fiasco.

Cheers,
    Brady