Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    People are confusing January 05 (January 2005) with January 5th.

It's January 2005 that the GSM unit gets released according to the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf
    I've done this T-Mobile with my last 3 phones (bought unlocked models from third-parties), and whenever I've had a problem with the service, T-Mobile has helped me out. In one case it was my call forwarding settings that were corrupted, it turned out to be a handset problem and they helped me figure it out by referencing a model close to mine that they did support. Another time I couldn't get GPRS to work while in Germany, and they didn't even ask what model phone I was using, just figured it out.

That's not to say that you won't get some support person looking for any excuse to get you off the line, and use your unsupported Treo as an excuse. But my track record with them on this so far has been pretty good.
    Sounds like music to my ears, for I will be one of the those buying an unlocked GSM ATT T650 from the NY Roadshow. Yipp-EEEEE
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueCrimeNY
    Sounds like music to my ears, for I will be one of the those buying an unlocked GSM ATT T650 from the NY Roadshow. Yipp-EEEEE

Hmmm, imagine if I did ordered, and it is shipped to me sometime in Janurary 2005. That will be so hillarious.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Let's do not forget that there are now only 2 GSM carriers left. Neither may carry it.
    (GSM) They don't have to carry it. Cingular didn't carry it when I bought my first Visor Phone, and 180, GSM Carriers don't have to carry it. I have bought from Palm ever time.
    ATT/Cingular will carry the phone for sure. T-mobile may not. However the Palmone GSM phones will not be sim locked so you can just put in your T-mobile sim. You can also use them overseas - Quadband so if you are willing to forgo the subsidy you can have a phone you can use the phone on any GSM carrier.

This is not true for CDMA carriers where Sprint won't allow a phone that doesn't have a Sprint ESN on a sprint plan. This is a policy not a compatability issue - becuase you cant use a virgin mobile phone on a sprint plan even though they operate on the same network. Verizon used to allow other CDMA phones on their network (I read that this is not the case anymore - but they may still) but you cannot use the DATA services of sprint phones on Verizon. So a Sprint 650 is likely to be able to be run on Verizon ane even if you could use voice likely not DATA.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    January is perfect for me since my ATT contract ends then. TechJunkie, where did you get Jan 5th from?
    Yeah, sorry... I misread the Live Chat the first time. Early Jan 2005 is the correct release date.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Quote Originally Posted by cingulartreo
    Let's do not forget that there are now only 2 GSM carriers left. Neither may carry it.
    where did you hear that? there are already links to the attws treo 650
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12