Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just spoke with Customer Solutions and was told that I could receive the $150 discount if I renewed my contract for 2 years and purchased my phone from Sprint. I was also told I would be eligible for an additional $150 manufacturer's rebate. Has anyone else received the same info?
    No. But interesting. If this is the case, it is a much better deal than the P1 deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by jameslhowlett
    I just spoke with Customer Solutions and was told that I could receive the $150 discount if I renewed my contract for 2 years and purchased my phone from Sprint. I was also told I would be eligible for an additional $150 manufacturer's rebate. Has anyone else received the same info?
    Which sprint number did you call?
  4.    #4  
    I just called twice and here's the story I got. First guy said yes, I will get a $150 discount if I renew my contract for 2 years, even though I've only had my current phone for 1 year (not the 18 month magic window for the sprintrebates.com deal). He knew nothing about the $150 back from manufacturer.

Second call got me a woman who politely told me *no way* on gettting the $150 discount until I hit my 18 month date. She knew nothing about the $150 back from manufacturer.

I was hoping there was some kind of new policy for the 650 but it appears to me it is the same kind of russian-roulette experience with sprint CSRs, everyone has a different story and maybe you'll hit one that gives you a deal and maybe you won't.
    I called as well, got a no way on the $150 credit until 18 months, which is a few months away. The rep knew nothing of a manufacturers rebate. Do they make this stuff up as they go?
    And the question is: what if you DON'T upgrade a phone, but it's been 18 months. Do they have a policy to give you something if you sign up for two more years? Or wait, if it has been two years and you sign up for 2 more....
    from my understanding, it's 18 months and you get the discount.
    -----------------------------
    Treo 650 rocks!

Get a FREE iPod Photo! Use the URL below:

Free iPod! Click Here!
    My 1 year SPCS contract expired 10/16/04. I've only had the 600 for a year. SPCS rep (via *2) told me that I could order a Treo 650 for $599, and qualify for a $150 mail in rebate, if I re-up for 2 years. Mind you, he could not take the order for the 650 yet, cause it is "not in the system yet, but will be "middle of the month". I can cancel my present service with no penalty. My plan: Order the Treo Central deal and get the *INSTANT* $150 rebate, get a free headset, and a NEW number/service. Get the new phone, new service/number....then cancel the old 600/service/number...I hope. I dont mind the number change.
    I was told that, because I haven't had the phone for 18 months, I'd be eligible for a $75 rebate.
  11.    #11  
    Were you told that you would have to purchase it from Sprint?
    I'm in the same boat as njpilot911. I don't really want to change my number though, so I'm not sure about canceling and resubscribing like that. I heard there is also some kind of wait for being able to do that. I will try to convince Sprint to give me a $100 service credit as they did last year for signing a new contract for one year and buy the phone via TC or PalmOne. I don't know the difference between the two bluetooth sets.
    I don't know how sprint could enforce a "waiting period" between cancellation and new service. For this to be true, you could never "add" a new line to an existing account..It would also mean that if you add a new line on a two year contract, they can't possibly re-up your existing number to a 2 year contract without your consent, right? So what prevents a customer from adding a new line one day, and then cancelling the original line the next day? (assuming the first line has the expired contract)
    Were you told that you would have to purchase it from Sprint?
    You know, I didnt ask this specifically...however, it was made clear to me that the rebate was for re-upping to a 2 year contract from an expired contract. It was also clear that this is a mail in rebate that would take probably 6-8 weeks to process... This is what makes Treo Centrals offer more attractive..their $150 rebate is instantly applied..not so with the P1 offer.

OMG! A WHOLE FREAKIN 150 BUCKS...??? WOW!!!!! (<--sarcasm)
    A better scheme would be to charge 700 bucks for the new treo and then offer a 10 year contract with a 201 dollar discount to bring it to 499 bucks
    Has it ever occurred to any of the "scammers" that this is a public forum...

Hence all this chatter about how to best get over on, beat, undermine, Palm1, Sprint, and others is read by someone (if not multiple parties) representing all of these entities...
    Today we had someone directly from PalmOne give up a part of their day to answer all our questions, *****es, moans and praises alike... isn't that the what this forum is supposed to be about... Learning and helping each other.

This type of talk is so counterproductive to what we all want... Excellent products and reasonable pricing...

Frankly, this is the kind of s*&# that drives up costs...

Sorry for the rant... but if you are in this forum and discussing this device, it's fairly likely that you can afford to pay for it...
    by the way, don't get me wrong... i want a discount as well... but all this is kind of unscrupulous... no?
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    by the way, don't get me wrong... i want a discount as well... but all this is kind of unscrupulous... no?
    Actually, no. Unscrupulous would be extending a discount, no questions asked, to a new customer, and forcing loyal, existing customers to pay full MSRP, or otherwise make you jump through a hoop, to get the same discount for an equipment upgrade. Make no mistake, nobody is getting something for nothing. Anybody saving $150 bucks is going on the hook for a 2 year agreement.
    Huh? How is getting a $150 rebate for a 2-year contract unscrupulous?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast