Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    From what I gather it's a forums past-time dating back to before I was a member.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

looking at the new Zire I noted that the two week view was missing from the scheduler... Will we still have the two week view on the 650?

And, what waa the answer on the SIDO power for the WiFi card?

(posting via my 600)
    MobileDave was nice engouh to make a compilation of the answers given that you can check out over in his thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=61720
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

All,

Please stick to the topic. Thanks.
    Hey all,

Phil here (owner/designer of TreoChat.net). I would like to really thank the my awesome staff (Tekara, Real-ity, PaulC, etc) for all of their work today with the PalmOne rep. Unfortunately I was grocery shopping and had no idea this was occuring. I did, however, catch up on the logs. For anyone else who may have not been around I copied the part from the logs and gave it it's own page on TreoChat. Here is the link:

http://www.treochat.net/?navL=palmone

I would also like to thank everyone that showed up, TreoChat is becoming quite a success because of you. Please come again.

- Phil -
    TreoChat.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Thanks! I don't suppose you could ask them to elaborate as to whether or not they know if Sprint (or any carrier) has plans to allow this to be opened up to developers? We've been hearing about location-based services for a long, long time but I haven't seen anything come of it. All they've got to do is open up this info to developers and I'm sure that many developers would take advantage of it.

Scott

Scott, I specifically asked this question to the PalmOne execs at the Chicago Treo Roadshow. Their answer was that all currnet CDMA handsets including the Treo 650 definitely had the E911 GPS functionality builtin (I'm assuming AGPS). They stated that they would love to access the gps functionality and have even encouraged the wireless carriers to enable it, but that it was strictly a wireless carrier issue and it was up to the carriers themselves to provide the GPS API's to developers. They stated that LBS's was an extremely attractive feature and would like to see it implemented on the Treo 650...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Gfunk, thanks much for pushing them for more details. Too bad the response wasn't more encouraging. So now I'm curious if the GSM 650 has anything like this built in and if Cingular might be more open to opening it up.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123