Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Can someone ask him why the "3rd party" developed bluetooth / wifi card for the Treo 600 never materialized?

I cant log in from work.
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    Can someone ask him why the "3rd party" developed bluetooth / wifi card for the Treo 600 never materialized?

I cant log in from work.
    here is your reply, the blocks and numbers are from formatting in my IRC client.

11 11(PalmOne11) I do not have information pertaining to devices other than the Treo 650.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I saw that. (refresh of the log page)

Thank you for asking my questions -- despite the bunk answer.
    Hey, he mentioned TreoCentral!!! You think PalmOne finally decided to take some of our advice and not only listen, but actually participate in answering our questions?!
    just joined and asked for an availability date other than pre-order.... i.e., when can we expect to have them in hand...

or when can we purchase via sprint or retail directly...

no answer yet
    He answered that one already... check the log.
    i just joined the chat Jesse... how do i access the log
    You can access the logs here:
    http://www.treochat.net/index.php?navL=treolog
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Wow... This access and candor is impressive!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Yeah, it still sounds, though, like a major portion of the "GPS tracking" is actually network rather than phone based, thus possibly difficult-to-expensive to get back to the phone rather than deeper into the network.

Thus not available to developers.
    Well if it requires both it doesn't really matter where the major portion is. As to whether it's difficult to expensive, that sounds like speculation. I'd speculate the same, but I don't know if there's any evidence as to how difficult or expensive it might be.
    Beginning shipping on Nov 14th.

GSM version available January 05.

Never thought we would get such specific answers.

Interesting quote:
    <PalmOne> I appologize for the delay. There were some technical difficulties accessing the chat session. Keep in mind, all responses are reviewed for accuracy prior to posting.
    I logged into my linux box from work (we have ssh access out, not IRC port open though), installed a text based IRC client, and did it through it.
    thanks for the update gang...

just a matter of deciding whether to order from TC, Sprint or P1 now...
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Yeah, it still sounds, though, like a major portion of the "GPS tracking" is actually network rather than phone based, thus possibly difficult-to-expensive to get back to the phone rather than deeper into the network.

Thus not available to developers.
    actually no... the position information is found on the handset first, so it's no more expensive to make it available to local applications. The network basically tells the handset which satellites to look for the satellite (so it doesn't need the typical 4 s to get a good fix with 4 satellites). The handset then transmits position data to the call center during a 911 call, or it can pass it to whatever application calls for it. Sprint has not made it a priority to make this available-- there seems to be speculation that they are concerned about privacy issues in the especially litigious American society.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Never thought we would get such specific answers.
    Isn't that sad?
    Isn't that sad?
    Shut your dirty traphole.

Dirty bum.

TheHandlessKing
    Isn't that sad?
    Not at all. Give me other phone manufacturers that tell the public, not the carriers, when (the exact dates) they are shipping their phones to the carriers.

I'm waiting for your response. If you don't have one, I expect you come out and say so as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    Shut your dirty traphole.

Dirty bum.

TheHandlessKing
    HA HA HA!

I think that's the best one yet!

LOL!
    SV, your silence is deafening.
    Why does SV bother you guys? Doesn't bother me. Seems anytime he makes a comment everyone jumps on him.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast