1.    #1  
    I'm on a chat with a PalmOne rep and according to the rep, the Treo 650 will support running apps off of the SD card natively. This was not true with the 600 right?
    Treo 600 does indeed run card apps, yes.
    If an app is fully VFS compatible, the Palm OS will run from SD - which just means it switches the app out to internal mmeory, like a hard drive loading the RAM on your PC
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    The 600 does run apps from cards. But PowerRun gives you much more flexibility and allows you to load DBs at runtime. Some apps just won't work right with the built-in card support.
    Will an Ulta High Speed SD card work better than a Standard SD card? Was the Treo 650 designed to take advantage of the new SD cards?
    I hope that this may also mean that you can access and categorize the apps within the native launcher rather than having to lump all apps stored on a card in the "Card" category. If so, I'm honestly amazed it's taking so long for Palm OS devices to do this out of the box.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    <PalmOne> The Treo 650 will support the speeds of expansion cards such as the
    SanDisk Ultra II (10 MB/sec read, 9 MB/sec write). However, the Treo
    650 will not support the speeds realized when using the SanDisk
    Extreme III SD expansion cards.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    Will an Ulta High Speed SD card work better than a Standard SD card? Was the Treo 650 designed to take advantage of the new SD cards?
    I can't remember exactly what the thread was called, but someone specified what the speeds COULD be based on processor. maybe search for (size speed) and see what therad appear. It couldn't have been more than 14 days ago either AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Real-ity
    <PalmOne> The Treo 650 will support the speeds of expansion cards such as the
    SanDisk Ultra II (10 MB/sec read, 9 MB/sec write). However, the Treo
    650 will not support the speeds realized when using the SanDisk
    Extreme III SD expansion cards.

Are you sure about that? Just asking because if it is true then will order and Ultra II today.

Did not know that they had an Ulta III......
    Are you sure about that? Just asking because if it is true then will order and Ultra II today.

Did not know that they had an Ulta III......
    Just ordered me a $99 1GB U II from Amazon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie
    Just ordered me a $99 1GB U II from Amazon.

Could not find it on Amazon??????????
    look at this thread

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    look at this thread
    I think that the BenQ will be very nice..........
    frustrated with Treo huh?

Yup, but do you want to wait until next winter for it to arrive?!

As for the original topic, I think the P1 rep was trying to say that the Treo can already launch apps directly from the card...which of course is obvious. THe point of memory managers like PowerRun, TealAlias, Zlauncher etc, is the ability to move apps to the card while still retain shortcuts in ram that can be organized into categories as you see fit. It also makes organiztion of you card much easier to handle. IMO, a launcher replacement like Zlauncher, LauncherX etc is a worth while investment...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions