Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Who else has purchased the Blutrek G2 and dongle. I am having sound issues with it on my Treo600. "The other says I am muffled". The treo store says they haven't had any problems with it. Bluetrek says they haven't had this problem.

Am I the only one ? I just want to see if was the dongle or my phone before I send it back today.

Thanks for all the help.
    Grock
    I have already email TreoCentral and returning the G2. It's configuration sucked, Never fit in my ear properly an very floppy and it's sound was no were close to the BT200 I use to use. I am going to upgrade to the BT500 when it becomes available and have already bought the Jabra A210 and it is AWSOME! It is TINY and I have it attached to the back of my Treo. :-)
    MacInfo, slightly off-topic (oh well), but I currently have the BT200 with the round, awkward adapter. Is the A210 compatible with my current unit and a bit more "workable" with the Treo in terms of size and shape . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefWahoo
    MacInfo, slightly off-topic (oh well), but I currently have the BT200 with the round, awkward adapter. Is the A210 compatible with my current unit and a bit more "workable" with the Treo in terms of size and shape . . .
    From the very basics I have tested the BT200 and the new A210, it does work together BUT once the BT200 is activated and you press the phone button, the BT200 connects to the A210 and STAYS connected. it never goes to sleep (standby mode). So the battery life of the BT200 I am sure would be very short. But I am able to pick up calls and hang up calls with no issues using the BT200 and the new A210. I personally would not use the BT200 since my biggest complaint was it's battery life and the cradle that it came with had even a shorter battery life than the headset! Also the way the headset sat in it's cradle, it always slide out and woke up the headset causing it to use more battery. The new A210 is TINY and you can either velcro it to the back of the Treo or use it's very small and snug belt clip and clip it on next to your Treo holster. I personally have velcro it on the back of the Treo so I can easily slide out my Treo from my ProClip and be able to use the Treo without having to disconnect the cable from the dongle.

I am waiting for the BT500 to be released that should have a much better battery life and also a faster connect to the dongle unlike the BT200. My only concern with that would be it's FUNKY holster and if it will have the same issues I experienced with the BT200.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Will that A210 work with any headset. I like the Bluetrek headset.

Grock
    Quote Originally Posted by grock1920
    Will that A210 work with any headset. I like the Bluetrek headset.

Grock
    I have honestly not even tried it. I know it is a universal headset.

I will try it out tonight since I still have the G2 and have not had a chance to send it back yet.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thanks. I will wait for your review of the setup

Grock
    I will look forward to the BT500 coming out, but have a friend that is selling me his BT250 . . . hope it has a little better battery life than the BT200. I didn't see any expected arrival dates for the BT500. I'll keep my eyes open.
    I see BT 200, BT 250 and BT 500. What are they? How are they different than a A210. I am always on the road (in sells) and want a bluetooth headset to use with my Treo 600. If I understand correctlly the main issue is battery life. I will use in my car, so the dongle is not a great concern for me. I was also thinking of getting a GPS unit to use with my Treo. Are there any GPS units that work along side of having a bluetooth headset plug in? It would be really great if the whole thing could plug into my charger. Am I just dreaming, or can this work?

SPG