1.    #1  
    Just got my Treo 600 and have reading the debates on cases here. Bought a Rhinoskin leather flip case last night. Not bad, but I may return it because I may have an alternative...

First, what I'm looking for is, well, too much: a) easy access b) protection or surface or at least from a fall c) belt clip and d) not much bulk.

Here's my solution. Just wondering what y'all think:

A Treo Side Case (has belt clip), with a Silicone Skin case around the actual Treo. That way I can pull it out and have grip and protection, retain some 'nakedness' of the phone, while having portability and extra protection when not in use.

Anyone have both or either of these products and any idea as to whether it will or won't work?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I have both- let me dig up the side case and I'll post back
  3.    #3  
    I'm thinking an alternative is eGrips with a side case...
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    The silicone case does not work w/ the side case- the silicone is thick enough to prevent the snap from closing. Egrips, being thinner, will probably work, but won't offer you the impact protection the silicone case does. I also have the pac rim open hard case and the krussel case. The krussel has different clips you can use, and it's a good case, except that the treo "slides out" a bit during use, and I wanted more impact protection. The open hard case (you can see it in the treocentral store) is what I currently use, though this case has issues, too. However, it did save my treo in a bad hit to the pavement right after I bought the case. The belt clip sucks, so I replaced it with the Rivets system, One caveat- the adhesive with the Rivets does not work on the finish of the hard case- my solution was "Goop" adhesive, and it works beautifully. HTH.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the great and useful info. I may abandon my idea and stick with the Rhinoskin leather flip case as I'm getting used to it. I may buy the Side Case (cheap from eBay) for the future when I need something that has easier access. Still haven't found another solution that's worth the money.
    The side case is at the same time the best case and one of the cheapest. The only issue, I guess, is that it gives you no protection when it's out of the case.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    You know, the hunt for the "perfect" case (I don't think there's *one* perfect case- different people have different needs) has driven me to consider making my own, one I get my machine shop and sewing machine in order. I'm sick of spending money on case that are "almost, but not quite" what I want. FYI, here's what I want, if anybody has any thoughts... I want the pac rim open hard case, with the silicone case (both of which I have, but they do *not* work together) for added impact protection, and a hinge that is stable. I also want a good, changeable clip/fastening system (Rivets is as close as I can find to what I want) I want it all- is that asking too much?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbd517
    You know, the hunt for the "perfect" case (I don't think there's *one* perfect case- different people have different needs) has driven me to consider making my own, one I get my machine shop and sewing machine in order. I'm sick of spending money on case that are "almost, but not quite" what I want.
    I'm sure that given all the feedback here, you should have no trouble building a better mousetrap. Good luck!