Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As someone who not only owns a 600, but has several friends who do, I find myself on hold with them while they finish up another call quite often. Let me assure you, the second caller P
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    As someone who not only owns a 600, but has several friends who do, I find myself on hold with them while they finish up another call quite often. Let me assure you, the second caller P

Is that your impression of someone getting disconnected while being on call-waiting-hold ?
    I asked this exact question at the boston show and was told it is NOT a treo issue but rather a network issue and therefore the 650 will behave exactly the same way.

I followed the instructions here about hanging up and the phone ringing back but it did not work

too bad
    you call that a workaround.... it's easier to just hang up on all and call the other caller back...

i don't buy this as a CDMA issue at all... as others have noted, any other Sprint phone handles second callers fine and you can hang up on either without issue...
    Okay, am I missing something here?

Here is what my experiment reveals:

I am on call #1. Call #2 comes in, and I put call #1 on hold. I chat briefly with call #2 and caller #2 hangs up. I then switch back to call #1 and continue my conversation. NOW, although it LOOKS like both lines are active they are NOT because the caller on the second call hung up and freed up the line. This is tested when call #3 comes in and I am able to answer it.

Anybody else tried this????

K
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I am not at my phone at the moment, but I believe that if you are on call 1, then call 2 comes in, you can disconnect either one by hitting the backspace key. It will disconnect the call you are on and the other call will ring back in a few seconds. It will seem like a new call is coming in, but the other party will not here the ringing. Hope this helps. (This works on the 600, don't know about the 650)
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    you call that a workaround.... it's easier to just hang up on all and call the other caller back...

i don't buy this as a CDMA issue at all... as others have noted, any other Sprint phone handles second callers fine and you can hang up on either without issue...
    Thank you! I don't buy it either as a CDMA issue. I've also used other phones on the Sprint CDMA network that handles this situation with no problems whatsoever.
    Holy smokes, I finally got call waiting to work on the treo 650. It's definitely not like old cell phones, but it works!

Here's what you do:
    when second call comes in you answer it. now treo shows one call on hold (little cell phone on left side of screen is greyed out).
    when you're talking to the person on the second line, if you look at the screen the second little cell phone on the screen is light up
    -now all you do is use the swap button to swap between calls
    -if you want to hang up on one of the calls, use the swap button to switch onto the line that you want to drop (note: on screen the cell phone on the left is light up when on the active call) and hit the red phone/end button.
    -bottom line- for the call that you want to hang up on them use the end button
    -screen goes back to showing the phone buttons, but if you wait 4 seconds, the call that you inteded to keep calls you right back
    -the person on hold doesn't hear a thing

Hope this helps!
    This is a ridiculous problem I have seen since the very first Handspirng Visor's with Sprint Phone Springboard modules.

I find it hard to believe that we had call waiting on our land lines in the '80s and now 20 years later our whiz-bang cdma phones can't handle it. Come on you software guys, are we going backwards.

It's particularly annoying to be be forced to kludge together some hang up fix when the swap button is there. It should JUST WORK. It took me a while to realize that the second caller is not actually there and you are not being charged minutes even though the display shows the call still active (another easy cosmetic fix not addressed). Not being able to hang up on the first call and go to the second during three way calling is another issue I'm tired off.

I find it hard to believe it's a network thing and if so- fix it. Jeez. We are shooting around calls chopped up in little timeslices and re-combining them. You would think a simple SWITCH would work. It seemed to work all along for phones for 100 years. Why is digital so inferior?
    Comprended the call waiting workaround....what about 3way calling?

Example:
    • Receive incoming call
      Answer phone
      Make outbound call to 3rd party
      If 3rd party goes to voicemail, I have no way of dropping the 3rd party call.

My provider is Sprint.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by smantl01
    Comprended the call waiting workaround....what about 3way calling?

Example:
    • Receive incoming call
      Answer phone
      Make outbound call to 3rd party
      If 3rd party goes to voicemail, I have no way of dropping the 3rd party call.

My provider is Sprint.

Thoughts?
    The key here is to make sure you're connected to a live person when you make the 3rd party call before you 3-way conference. If the 3rd party call goes to voicemail, just hang up on the 3rd party call by pressing the end button and the previous party still on hold will ringback automatically and you can continue your conversation.

Hope this helps.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12