1.    #1  
    Are there any software replacements for McPhling that work with the Treo 600?

McPhling is a program switcher allowing a user to quickly switch from the current to the previous program. Its great but doesn't work 100% with the Treo.
    Thats odd, it has always worked on my 600...
    It works fine for me too. If you want an alternative, consider CoLauncher.
    or Hi-Launcher
    McPhling works perfectly for me on my 600! I'm sure hoping it's as good for the 650...I can't live without it!
    look at either 1 button pro or QLaunch. I use both, though QL is mainly for the Tungsten series
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Butler also does this -- made especially for the T600.
  8.    #8  
    Here are a few examples of problems:

- After using the Contacts program (built in) and leaving it for another program, you can't return to Contacts via McPhling.

- After using Arrowlauncher, returning to the last program brings you to the second last program not the last.

Is it just me (ie software clashes) or do these problems also affect others too?
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abid
    Here are a few examples of problems:

- After using the Contacts program (built in) and leaving it for another program, you can't return to Contacts via McPhling.

- After using Arrowlauncher, returning to the last program brings you to the second last program not the last.

Is it just me (ie software clashes) or do these problems also affect others too?

I just tried both of these two tasks and it worked just fine.
  10.    #10  
    That's great news Wachie! So now I have to check which program is causing the problem. I'll try hard resetting and loading only the necessary programs.

BTW, just to confirm Wachie, you've got the Treo600 and you've ignored Arrowlauncher in McPhling right?

Also I wonder how you are returning to the built-in Contacts program? The name 'Contacts' doesn't even show on my McPhling list nor does it show in the built in Applications launcher.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abid
    That's great news Wachie! So now I have to check which program is causing the problem. I'll try hard resetting and loading only the necessary programs.

BTW, just to confirm Wachie, you've got the Treo600 and you've ignored Arrowlauncher in McPhling right?

Also I wonder how you are returning to the built-in Contacts program? The name 'Contacts' doesn't even show on my McPhling list nor does it show in the built in Applications launcher.
    I'm using a T600 on the sprint network. I am using a program called "2phone" to launch the contacts program. It provides an icon in the launcher for web, contacts, favorites, call log, dial pad, and phone functions.
  12.    #12  
    I have hard reset my Treo 600 and tested with the bare Treo and only McPhling.

I can now definitively say that McPhling has issues with the Treo's built in Contacts (inside the Phone program) and ArrowLauncher.

You cannot toggle back to Contacts nor last program before Arrowlauncher.

Treo 600 firmware 3.05, software 1.12, Arrowlauncher 1.86, McPhling 5.50.

So close yet so far, oh well, still looking for a Mcphling replacement
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat
    McPhling works perfectly for me on my 600! I'm sure hoping it's as good for the 650...I can't live without it!
    McPhling lauches successfully on my Treo 650 as a custom button 3 (holding down the Versamail key)