Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 121
  1. #81  
    Hello Mark and Welcome to the Club!

    I'll be going to the DC Show and hopefully I won't be the only Geeky Sistah there. But If I am, well, someone has to do it!

    P.S. Thanks for cornering the guys for answers. It can be rather entertaining seeing a grown man sweat.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  2. #82  
    My wife & I will be at the show. Still looking to get the 650 (Keeping our 600's) See you there!
    Ibrahim B.

    Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
  3. #83  
    I was there too. I was the really hairy short guy with glasses who was flinging feces at the P1 guy when he mentioned the lack of WiFi.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
  4. rsperko's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #84  
    spent the rest of the afternoon in chicago, nice meal, nice walk. just got home and ordered my 650. it was good meeting some of you guys there.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

    visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
  5. #85  
    What a great turnout in Chicago for treocentral. Gfunk was cracking me up with his digital camera in one hand getting pics of all of the prototypes and his 600 in the other posting the minute-by-minute (yea I was the guy behind you in the red shirt).

    I was able to talk to the first guy from P1 about desktop support after the dog and pony. I have a lot of clients that run OS X and they want to know if they are going to be out in the cold. He said that they are working with Apple and that they will continue...(acknowledging that Apple allready syncs their address book and iCal using iSync). We'll see.

    Also, I was surprised with all of the exchange clients (and IMAP, SMTP/POP3) yet no LDAP support? Come on....
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    I was there too. I was the really hairy short guy with glasses who was flinging feces at the P1 guy when he mentioned the lack of WiFi.
    BRAVO BRAVO!!!!

    That will teach them to pull their head out of their A$$
  7. #87  
    Greetings Gang!!!

    I attended the Roadshow's afternoon session in Chicago. I met Gfunk and a few others. It was so cool to compare notes and Treos ( "you got this.....you got that"?). It was the ultimate Treo nerd room. The coupons did not apprear till after the session but it was time well spent. The room was just about full and I was surprised that there were a few people there that actually did not own Treos.....any Treo. I spoke with one lady and she stated that she had been hearing so much about the Treo series that she had to come and see for herself. She also said that she would be ordering a 650...just like I am. Most of the things discussed there are basically what we already know. One question was asked about the "700 and 750". The whole room broke out in laughter. It was stated that a "solutions provider" is working on Wifi for the Treo but the Palm folks said that they were not ready to "commit" to it as of yet. It was even stated that the Palm folks saw some "ebay" coupons for sale and that it was all being tracked. They can tell who is legaly ordering a Treo and who is not.

    Overall, the whole session was great. I had a great time!!!!!

    IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  8. #88  
    I also Enjoyed the roadshow in chicago I was there for the morning session. as far as WiFi for the Treo (Which I would Love to have) I think I have to agree with some of what the rep said as far as a Power drain, I've used the palm tungsten with built in WiFi & a couple Pocket PC devices with WiFi they All seem to run the Battery down quickly when the radio was on... On the Other hand I think that Maybe Palmone Is working Very Closely with the Providors (Sprint, Etc.) and they would prefer that we do all of our data connections via there network$.. IMHO
  9. #89  
    GFunk mentioned the Treo supports more formats for ringtones. What other formats?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  10. #90  
    Hey folks! It was really cool to meet many of you guys! It was like Treo camp or something! It actually took me forever to get back b/c traffic out of chicago on I-90/I-94 was absolutely hellish. I was able to talk to the P1 people after the roadshow and was able to get a few interesting nuggets that I'll try to share tomorrow. It definitely was an interesting session and the 650 looked really nice in person. I tried to remember asking many of the questions posted here about the 650 and T5. The P1 execs were suprising very candid in their answers which was quite pleasant imo... anyway, will post more later...

    P.S. Where did everyone park. I had to pay like $23 bucks outta my arse for just 4+ hour of parking at the Hanncock building!!!!!!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  11. #91  
    BT DUN - Bluetooth Dial Up Networking - Treo 650

    I was at the road show today and was told by Joe (the tall thin P1 presenter) that BT DUN will indeed be available - but that we will have to pay more for the data service to use it. Likely similar to the current data card pricing... Bummer.
    Last edited by varoomba; 11/10/2004 at 06:39 AM. Reason: update
  12. dpuza's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    P.S. Where did everyone park. I had to pay like $23 bucks outta my arse for just 4+ hour of parking at the Hanncock building!!!!!!
    I got away with $13 around the corner... asked a valet at the east entrance to the building about parking... it pays to ask...
  13. dpuza's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    Sorry I Missed You all there I was on the far right end in the front row didnt have My treo with me , I sold it after recieving My Third replacment from the service center. what Did You all think of the Explanation given for not Including WiFi..
    Ah so that was you! I thought the person asking all those questions was too smart to NOT be a TC member I was in the second row, 2nd in from the center aisle on the right.
  14. #94  
    hey, IGO, that was me that asked about the TREO 700 and 750. And actually I asked what are some of the future plans - I was trying to make the question more open ended so we'd get some real info. Ken Wirt gave BS answer. they must be worried about cripping sales. They could have said next version in a 'year or whatever' will have faster processor or more memory, etc.

    p.s. GFUNK were you the dude that could not beam to the tall P1 guy at the end of the show. You tried beaming to the tall P1 guy and then to me and neither worked?

    p.s.s. I thought the answer about memory was also BS - only .1% need more memory. Heck I need more memory now. If you have GOOD and AVANTGO and VINDIGO with more than one city - your pretty much toast. SD card way too slow for AVANTGO. If people knew half the stuff they could do with their Treo everyone would need more memory. I amazed at how many people have T600 and don't know what they can do besides make a call and have contacts and calendar.
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
  15. #95  
    Nice turn out today. I didn't really get a chance to meet any of you guys, but I was the one who asked the question about wifi.

    I signed up for the 30 day trial (with intentions of buying it afterwards). Hopefully, these orders (for the trial) will be fulfilled as soon as they give the green light.
  16. #96  
    and what, forbin79, was the answer to your question?

    as I understand they speak of a general attempt to get a wifi-capability with the treo - but not necessarily with the 650. or did they explicitly say that they're working on it for the 650?
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hey folks! It was really cool to meet many of you guys! It was like Treo camp or something! It actually took me forever to get back b/c traffic out of chicago on I-90/I-94 was absolutely hellish. I was able to talk to the P1 people after the roadshow and was able to get a few interesting nuggets that I'll try to share tomorrow. It definitely was an interesting session and the 650 looked really nice in person. I tried to remember asking many of the questions posted here about the 650 and T5. The P1 execs were suprising very candid in their answers which was quite pleasant imo... anyway, will post more later...

    P.S. Where did everyone park. I had to pay like $23 bucks outta my arse for just 4+ hour of parking at the Hanncock building!!!!!!
    I parked acrossed the street and paid the same. I believe the $250 off the Tre650 will make up the difference....atleast in my eyes. A small price to pay for such a big savings. I also ordered my 650 last night...

    IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidrmay
    hey, IGO, that was me that asked about the TREO 700 and 750. And actually I asked what are some of the future plans - I was trying to make the question more open ended so we'd get some real info. Ken Wirt gave BS answer. they must be worried about cripping sales. They could have said next version in a 'year or whatever' will have faster processor or more memory, etc.

    p.s. GFUNK were you the dude that could not beam to the tall P1 guy at the end of the show. You tried beaming to the tall P1 guy and then to me and neither worked?

    p.s.s. I thought the answer about memory was also BS - only .1% need more memory. Heck I need more memory now. If you have GOOD and AVANTGO and VINDIGO with more than one city - your pretty much toast. SD card way too slow for AVANTGO. If people knew half the stuff they could do with their Treo everyone would need more memory. I amazed at how many people have T600 and don't know what they can do besides make a call and have contacts and calendar.

    Hey Dave!! The "700/750" question was a good one. Maybe some of us were thinking the Palm folks might slip and give out "possible" information on the rest of the Treo family. I agree wtih the lame answer about memory. Surely, with memory getting larger (capacity) and smaller ( foot print ), they could fit another 32 megs on board. Maybe it was the extra tooling for the removable battery(?) or something like that.
    IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidrmay
    If people knew half the stuff they could do with their Treo everyone would need more memory. I amazed at how many people have T600 and don't know what they can do besides make a call and have contacts and calendar.
    I totally agree with you on this one. I know at least 6 people with the T600 and only 1 of those 6 people take advantage of some of the advance things it can do (MP3, Video, Games, Vindigo, Dictionary, etc... Most just use the phone, pda and calendar, that's it! They just got it because it is now the "Cool" device to have.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  20. #100  
    Wow, I'm sorry I didn't have my treo out and browsing TC forums, I was there in the afternoon, front row far left side. gray hoodie, 'messy' hair, gotee and glasses. I was buggin' about the GSM TMobile version, found that we can get a GSM Unlocked for trial, but it won't be "supported" by either P1 or TMO until officially released. Also asked about the cradle charging the spare battery, the P1 girl that was there (Dianne I think?) told me that she had not yet seen the cradle, expected mid January, but that she THOUGHT it would have the spare battery port.

    On WiFi. Someone said that they mentioned wifi for plugging into the bottom port, this is true but they DID also increase the power to the SD card slot, so that the only thing left to do is write drivers for existing SDIO cards. Ran out of time for questions before I could ask if wifi interferes with the radio.

    EDGE supported on GSM..

    650 fits nicely in my innopocket hard case, which leads me to believe it would work in the proclip as well, though I wasn't thinking and didn't bring my proclip.

    SD cards sit nicely recessed, though this makes it slightly more difficult to click in and out, but that is the point! -- MMC cards sit about like the current SD cards, which is fine.

    Internal memory.. .the HUGE debates about RAM have been solved. I did see a 650 yesterday that had 48.1MB free of 50.8 MB (and I have a crappy pic taken with my treo to prove it, but wont post unles you really want it) when I asked Dianne about it, she grabbed another P1 guy and we went over to the vendor that had it. The P1 guy said that it was an engineering model and they added more RAM to those models so that their debugging software would fit as well as their crash logs. No mention was made about more RAM taking up more battery, the only explanation for no increase in production was the price to consumers and the "lack of need" (guess they don't read our forums?!?!)

    Sorry I didn't meet any of you there, I feel like an ***** now! heh..

    Parking... I parked at home in EdgeWater and took the bus, so I'm out like $3.50 for the afternoon =P
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions