Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    now showing real player mp3 player...

Now showing camera app... discussing why uses vga cam instead of higher MP...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    question about why no multitasking and why no cobalt yet... kinda danced around issue and said P1 has a lot of in house software and would like to stick with it... sounds like they sorta blame palmsource for not releasing cobalt in timely fashion...

question about lack of native pdf support. Said waiting for adobe to develop app...

Now goi

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Credant tech now demoing security app...

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I just asked a palmone guy in the back of the room about hanging up one of two calls on sprint. he said it is the same problem as 600. said it was a sprint problem.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
    Seven now doing presentation on email solutions... IT- centric discussion really...

Seven created Sprint BC and Cingular express mail...

Anyware now demoing ReForm app for Treo. how to deploy forms wirelessly on treo..

Cool shwing off bar code scanner on 650!!!.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    from back of room keyboard looks brighter than screen
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    about 70 attendees here

Avocent rep now speaking about remote access of data centers... adminsentinel and mobilesentinel discussed. Alows u to manage treos remotely and erase data for example...

Notifytech showing off notifymail app. Support for novell groupwise and exchange....

Good tech now demoing goodlink... showing off outlook views... all wirelessly synced. Showing contacts. calander etc. Now showing Good access for db's etc. 192 bit encryption etc for high security...

Appforge now talking about app development. Mentions gps from sockey communications developed with appforge

now Intellisync rep speaking....showing off intellisync email client. Can create folders remtely and will sync to sever...

presentation finishing... mention how people trying sell coupons on ebay!!! says they will be cross checking! hehe...

Sorry I Missed You all there I was on the far right end in the front row didnt have My treo with me , I sold it after recieving My Third replacment from the service center. what Did You all think of the Explanation given for not Including WiFi..
    I'm still talking to them!!!! I'm the last one here and I still need to drive back home. Will post more later tonight with added info....

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I was there in the back row...left side of the room, right on the isle. Overall, I was pretty bored with the presentations...and as usual, I hated the powerpoint presentation!

I asked the PalmOne representative about conference calling and she blamed the carriers for the inability to disconnect only one party from a conference. She then cleared up that only the CDMA carriers were at fault for this, and that PalmOne knew that people would like to be able to do that with GSM, since the carrier DO offer this ability, but that they had not developed the capability yet for the Treo 650. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to bother either.

Gfunk, let those people go!! Hehe...
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    great information as always gfunk. it was nice to meet you all there. what sucks is, afterwards i ran over a chunk of concrete and blew a tire. now its changed and i'm on my way to a microsoft roadshow event also in chicago which i'm late for. and i still have to drive back to milwaukee tonight. lol
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    i'm not sure I'm convinced. for the most part, the presentation showcased features that already exist in the treo 600...
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    1. Can you delete the RealPlayer application?

2. How does the call-waiting feature work compared to the 600?
    I was at the Long Beach Road show, the only African American Guy, there. I sat last row, brown suit, with yellow orange tie. Shaved head, 6'1 tall. I asked in the public forum,infront of all the other TC members:

" Why can't sprint do the hang up one call only feature during a conference call that the GSM models do on the t600 and will the 650 allow this now?"

P1 Guys response: " It is a carrier compatibility issue"

After the show I cornered the Tall P1 guy with glasses who did most of the P1 presentation and the short engineer, both P1 employees, and the tall guy said to the short engineer, "Is it a P1 issue or is it a Sprint issue?" The short engineer says" I think our engineers could address it, but we havent "'escalated it" to our head engineer on technical carrier compatibility issues." I asked why not? The tall P1 guys says we could escalate it. The short engineer says I will make a mental note to tell them this is huge issue.

My take on this: Sprint can allow this feature, but they like the extra charges incurred when two calls are operating even if it is only a few seconds before the actual second call drops. If millions of calls are being made, then thats alot of money (pennies) that add up quick even for 3-5 seconds of extra charges per call.

This is my first post, I love this site, don't blast me forum members. I am going to teach a class in 30 minutes (night job) so I will be back in about 4-5 hours. I live in LA, CA. I had to share this info that P1 doesnt want to **** off Sprint, with something that could be done. But P1 did say that they would investigate it by escalating to the head P1 engineer. IMHO.

Mark
    I was at the Chicago show also.... sat next to a strikingly beautiful lady in the 5th row on the right. I can't help myself... I am sold on the T650. I was waffling on whether I should stick with my T600, get the T650 or perhaps switch to the darkside with an MpX. I have to say that I am encouraged enough to get the T650. There are enough new features to make the upgrade worthwhile... perhaps barely enough, but enough.

The thing that resonated with me was that the Palm1 guys "get it". The backround on defining their vision for a converged device was interesting, to say the least.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast