Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I just took a pic of rsperka taking a pic of the 650! hehe...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    gawd... my 600 looks so old and dingy compared to the 650!!! my precious...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    gfunk is gonna sell his dell before he really uses it and buy a 650. we are being brainwashed here
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    they are showing some cool photos of prototypes.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

yup took some pics of the prototypes using my digicam...very cool...

I especially like the antenna-less prototype version!! looked a lot like the BB 7100t imo...

Question and answer period going on now... only had time for 4-5 questions...

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    wahoo!!! just met a whole bunch of treocentral users!! I can't post pic here from the treo but if some one wants, I can email the some pics...
    G, IMed you. I'm dying to see some pics.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    questions included topics covering:

BT

Verichat only allows to you receive instant messages from people on your buddy list. Which sucks. Which would explain gfunk not getting our IMs.

TheHandlessKing
    Does the Palm OS version that the 650 uses allow true multi-tasking yet? Or are we still looking at Verichat type workarounds?
    cool...showed pic of SD bar code scanner accessory... now doing demo of treo 650 using PDAreach!! LOL!! got a call in middle of presentation using pdareach...

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    650 is not going to allow true multi-threading. I believe that will come with OS 6. the 600 is 5.4

that sucks about verichat... I'll post the pics on this thread later then...

some dude called Kevin Mamajek keeps calling... he answered the call and showed speakerphone feature...

He's using a GSM treo 650 on ATT network..

now showing versamail client

Showing versamail with yahoo acct. And then using via exchange server...

Now going over favs buttons and how to setup diff favs...

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    he just did a demo of call/waiting or conference call. i'm not too familliar with how it works now, but what he did was recieve a call, then press "add a call", switch between calls, and then hang up on one and left the original call active. i don't believe you can do this currently... ? hope this helps! -Dan
    question just asked about automatically transferring call log to desktop...answered with mention of 3rd party solution...

Showing how to add contacts via call log and define global ringtones...

Question asked about ringtone formats... no native mp3 support yet but a lot more formats supported. pretty cool feature allowing multple # for favs...

Now going over sms app... Kevin dude is now sending sms of accuweather link and then launches blazer via link...

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    built-in wireless exchange calendar sync.

Going over PIM apps. Now refreshed PIM. showing how to add pics to contact..

Showing calander. Mention u can wirelessly update calander via activesync... very cool.

also mentions calander recog time zones...

now going over web app....new blazer... seems way faster than on treo 600. showing demo of blazer in optimized mode of non mobile site. renders very fast... now showing same page in wide mode...

currently I'm on the toilet. fun stuff.

TheHandlessKing
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast