1.    #1  
    I was not satisfied with the sound quality of Mp3 from my T600. It does not have enough power for the base, and the dynamic range seems limited. I am wondering if anyone knows if the sound quality will be improved on the T650?

Thanks

Yatbond
    Probably the same if I had to guess. You're talking about the builtin speaker right? From my experiences, the type of headphones you use make a great difference in audio quality...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Sounds more like your in need of an inline headphone amplifier and better compression. Both the 600 and 650 are going to have simple audio circuitry due to the limited space inside the casing. I wouldn't be expecting worlds from them.

mp3s achieve their small size by reducing the dynamic range of an audio file. you may want to try a lossless compression like .ogg. Although, the increased power of the 650 will assow for higher bitrate mp3s.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

If you don't use low compresion, and use a good set of earphones you;ll see shocked. Sounds pretty darn impressive to me and I use to be a sound quailty judge.
    Peter Skillman, Director of Prod Dev. showed me a movie on the 650 with some high end headssets, it was very impressive.
  6.    #6  
    Well, I don't mean from the speaker phone. I mean justing the headjack. I am currently using a $60 dollar headphone made by Shure (not the best but certainly is not cheap) and still think the sound quality is subpar. I am already using 192bit rate for my mp3. Since P1 says they have built the T650 from the ground up; I would think the internal circuit would be different. Would a hardware based decoder be any different? Or do I really need to get an "amplifier" as someone else has suggested? Any other thoughts?
    What audio player are you using on your current device? For MP3 decoding, Pocket Tunes, RealPlayer, and AeroPlayer each have different sweet spots.
  8.    #8  
    Pocket Tunes! Used 128 to 192 bit rate. I can get a mp3 flash player under $100 with 256mb sounds a lot better. Not complaining but just wondering if the T650 would improve in this catergory.
    Look into an inline heaphone amp, you can make your own realatively cheap. It still sounds to me like your headphones need more oomph than the treo is capable of putting out.

The treo was designed with simple headsets in mind which sounds like is the opposite of what you have.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I noticed the same issue with the Sony headset I originally used. I changed to a noise cancelling headset that has a built in amplifier. It makes a night and day difference. The sounds are rich and have depth and plus the added benefit of outside noise cancelling. The only drawbacks are an additional battery to power the amplifier and size is a good bit larger then my Sony headsets (definitely not pocket sized).

I do not expect the 650 to be any better in this area. It appears to be an amplifier issue. A more powerful amplifier would require more space and use more power. Power is probably the key issue here as it would decrease battery life. The Rio SD card MP3 player I used previously had good output power but battery life stunk (6-10 hours on a single triple A battery, not enough battery power for a round trip flight to the west coast) and it did not have to be a PDA and a phone at the same time.