1.    #1  
    I've seen plenty about roadshow coupons here, but little if any actual discussion about the content and worthwhileness (is that a word?) of the roadshows themselves. Since I doubt any summary of the actual educational content of the roadshow would dissuade anyone from attending (thanks to the coupon-carrot), how about it? I'll be attending Chicago tomorrow afternoon, so I'll try to take some decent notes of the most interesting stuff and post a little summary. Maybe this thread could track any changes/additions as the show schedule progresses and things come into a bit clearer focus.

FWIW I hope to get a lot more out of this than a discount coupon. I'm driving 3hrs to attend. At the very least I'm going to ask to pop my SIM into a 650 and make a call or two to judge the unit as a phone (the main shortcoming of the 600, IMO--most of us have known what a 320 x 320 screen looks like for a couple years now). Also, besides deploying in our company, I've been answering a lot of questions all along the way from curious associates and clients re: the Treo line (actually, all the way back to the Sprint PCS Digital Link--remember that one?). It never hurts to speak intelligently about things I'll see at the roadshow--even things I have little experience with (like the inevitable questions about push e-mail or MS Exchange).

I'll put "TC" and my user name on my badge--perhaps see some of you there.
    Todd/Indy
    Actually there is some content hidden in the discussions of individual cities' events. I found it interesting to listen to the engineering behind ace and convenient to talk to vendors I was intrested in (Good, Intellisync, et.al.)
  3.    #3  
    OK, searched again on "roadshow" and "road show". Most of what I found was re: Dallas (but not much at all). Anything else interesting out there?

EDIT: Mostly it's (my order number is... and ships in... weeks).

Thanks,
    Todd/Indy
    Great thread idea. I'm interested in the content as well. Also a note of caution: You'll get lots of emails and phone calls from vendors trying to sell you stuff after you sign up for a Road Show. I got one phone call from Good, and three emails from other folks related to the Road Show. Not a huge deal for me, but PalmOne is definately sharing your signup info with others!
    See you all you chicago afternoon'ers soon!
    TC Gabe
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Weird, I didn't get spammed at all and I work in an allied industry (enterprise telco and data infrastructure).

As for the content - I actually emailed one of the guys running the show and complimented him on the content. I've been to and given a lot of dog-and-pony shows and this one was pretty solid without being too long. They gave a nice PowerPoint CD-ROM to us afterward.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    OK, searched again on "roadshow" and "road show". Most of what I found was re: Dallas (but not much at all). Anything else interesting out there?

EDIT: Mostly it's (my order number is... and ships in... weeks).

Thanks,
    Todd/Indy
    You can go here.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=61314

I was at the roadshow answering questions live as people asked them. If you need to know more let me know and I will let you know what I know.

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    I've seen plenty about roadshow coupons here, but little if any actual discussion about the content and worthwhileness (is that a word?) of the roadshows themselves. Since I doubt any summary of the actual educational content of the roadshow would dissuade anyone from attending (thanks to the coupon-carrot), how about it? I'll be attending Chicago tomorrow afternoon, so I'll try to take some decent notes of the most interesting stuff and post a little summary. Maybe this thread could track any changes/additions as the show schedule progresses and things come into a bit clearer focus.

I'll put "TC" and my user name on my badge--perhaps see some of you there.
    Todd/Indy
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&page=4&pp=20

Lot on info came from the Roadshows, including comparisons and pictures. Could always use more though.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo650luvr
    You can go here.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=61314

I was at the roadshow answering questions live as people asked them. If you need to know more let me know and I will let you know what I know.
    Nice... Thanks. You too, cglaguna. On way to Chicago show and getting up to speed.
    Todd/Indy
    Last edited by tbhausen; 11/09/2004 at 10:09 AM.
  10.    #10  
    Well, so much had been written along these lines in at least two new threads re: Chicago roadshow by the time I got back to Indianapolis that this thread won't be necessary It seems more and more info is being shared--a good thing.

I wonder how long it'll be before someone hosts the CD image of the PowerPoint presentation they handed out to the attendees after the show?

Todd/Indy