Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Sorry for this newbie question. I tried searching and couldn't find an answer.

Is it possible to use a BT headset (Jabra or Bluetek) to listen to MP3s, streaming audio, videos, etc., on the treo, or are these headsets only for making phone calls? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolio
    Sorry for this newbie question. I tried searching and couldn't find an answer.

Is it possible to use a BT headset (Jabra or Bluetek) to listen to MP3s, streaming audio, videos, etc., on the treo, or are these headsets only for making phone calls? Thanks.

Yes it will.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Yes!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Awesome! Thanks, guys. I'm eagerly awaiting the 2-3wks for my order from palmone.
    While possible, I think the sound quality will be poor monotone, and not a rich stereo sound that you might be expecting. Can anyone confirm this?
    Yeah, the bluetooth headset profile spits out pretty poor audio quality. Good enough for voice calls, but not much else
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Funny, in the Sprint Treo 650 maunal (found a link elsewhere in these forums) it specifically states that one CANNOT listen to MP3s with a BT audio headset. I guess we will need some early adopters to test this. As far as I can tell, it will work with BT phone headsets, computers, and cars.
    So, has anybody written a bluetooth-ported virus that successfully installs itself on the simulator yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    So, has anybody written a bluetooth-ported virus that successfully installs itself on the simulator yet?
    I am so glad I never clicked the link on your sig