1.    #1  
    Who else thinks its lame for Palm to offer the Treo 650 at $449 to people if you are getting a new service plan? Hey I'm a Treo owner and have been loyal and given them so many sales why can't I have the 650 at $449?
    It is not a matter of Palm giving away anything, it is the carrier who subsidizes the phone by putting you in a contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    It is not a matter of Palm giving away anything, it is the carrier who subsidizes the phone by putting you in a contract.
    bingo
    Not near as lame as posting something that has been discussed at great length already.
    It's actually a rebate from Sprint in return for you agreeing to a 2 year contract.

If you're an existing Sprint customer you might qualify for their phone "upgrade" rebate which is usually the same as the one they offer to new customers. Just go here to determine if you qualify for the existing customer upgrade rebate. You have to agree to two additional years of service and PCS Vision service to get the rebate. Agreeing to one year qualifies you for a smaller rebate.

If you are eligible, (owned same phone for 18 months) then buy your new Treo 650 without activation. When switching your service over, mention the upgrade rebate BEFORE you make any changes and preferably before you even open the new Treo.

I know you can buy without activation direct from PalmOne. Don't forget to get the bluetooth headset promotion if you buy from PalmOne.

Check TreoCentral's store too for its offerings. I think its current Treo 650 promotion might be limited to new activations only. I'm sure someone in the forum will know.
    They should at least offer a discount if you just renew your contract for another 1 or 2 years, but then again, most companies are here to make profit
    Last edited by Goldfinger; 11/09/2004 at 06:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger
    They should at least offer a discount if you just renew your contract for another 1 or 2 years, thats still lame tho
    That's what the retention department is for, they'll offer a variety of discounts to get you to sign a new contract ofter your old one expires.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by shleeman
    Not near as lame as posting something that has been discussed at great length already.
    But, then again, not as lame as you responding to it. You didn't have to read the post and you certainly didn't have to write a nasty reply. Gee, guess that makes me a hippocrite, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoster
    Who else thinks its lame for Palm to offer the Treo 650 at $449 to people if you are getting a new service plan? Hey I'm a Treo owner and have been loyal and given them so many sales why can't I have the 650 at $449?
    EAT THIS!!

http://web.palmone.com/promos/treo65...rce=aceupgrade
    Sprint suks. Most of us here are Treo owners. The 600 came out in October of last year which would not be enough time with the phone to get the discount. I almost hate that company!