Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    FEATURES I NEED IN A CAR KIT:

    1.) SECURELY HOLD AND CHARGE MY TREO 600 IN MY VEHICLE.

    2.) HANDSFREE ANSWERING/PLACING OF PHONE CALLS.

    3) SIMPLE INSTALLATION. I HAVE INSTALLED CAR STEREOS BEFORE, BUT WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE TO GO TO THAT LEVEL OF COMPLEXITY. IDEALLY, I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO INSTALL/UNINSTALL QUICKLY TO MOVE KIT FROM CAR TO CAR.

    WHICH KIT DO I BUY? PALM ONE CAR KIT ($189) OR SEIDIO G2500 ($99) OR OTHER??

    THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE....
  2. #2  
    I'm shopping as well, so any recommendations are appreciated.
    Josť

    Palm IIIx -> m505 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p
  3. #3  
    I just ordered the 2500 model ($99.00). When it arrives and I give it a test run I'll post my findings.
  4. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by prichmond
    FEATURES I NEED IN A CAR KIT:

    1.) SECURELY HOLD AND CHARGE MY TREO 600 IN MY VEHICLE.

    2.) HANDSFREE ANSWERING/PLACING OF PHONE CALLS.

    3) SIMPLE INSTALLATION. I HAVE INSTALLED CAR STEREOS BEFORE, BUT WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE TO GO TO THAT LEVEL OF COMPLEXITY. IDEALLY, I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO INSTALL/UNINSTALL QUICKLY TO MOVE KIT FROM CAR TO CAR.

    WHICH KIT DO I BUY? PALM ONE CAR KIT ($189) OR SEIDIO G2500 ($99) OR OTHER??

    THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE....
    WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING? FYI, internet etiquette (netiquette) considers all caps as shouting.
  5. #5  
    i could advise you to buy the G2500 because it is very easy to mount/unmount
    it's also handsfree as there is an internal speaker and it holds securely your Treo 600
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by fortin
    i could advise you to buy the G2500 because it is very easy to mount/unmount
    it's also handsfree as there is an internal speaker and it holds securely your Treo 600
    Thanks for the advice, I'll look further into it. I also wonder if there's a device that will make typing phone numbers easier because the Treo does not have voice dialing, and the Sprint voice dialing option is expensive and not very good for a non-native speaker.
    Josť

    Palm IIIx -> m505 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p
  7.    #7  
    thanks fortin....

    tropicaffair, looking forward to your opinions
  8. #8  
    JFReyes : you can voice dial with a shareware like VoiceLauncher (http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=358)
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by fortin
    JFReyes : you can voice dial with a shareware like VoiceLauncher (http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=358)
    Thanks for the tip! I'll download and try it now...
    Josť

    Palm IIIx -> m505 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p

Posting Permissions