1.    #1  
    FEATURES I NEED IN A CAR KIT:

1.) SECURELY HOLD AND CHARGE MY TREO 600 IN MY VEHICLE.

2.) HANDSFREE ANSWERING/PLACING OF PHONE CALLS.

3) SIMPLE INSTALLATION. I HAVE INSTALLED CAR STEREOS BEFORE, BUT WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE TO GO TO THAT LEVEL OF COMPLEXITY. IDEALLY, I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO INSTALL/UNINSTALL QUICKLY TO MOVE KIT FROM CAR TO CAR.

WHICH KIT DO I BUY? PALM ONE CAR KIT ($189) OR SEIDIO G2500 ($99) OR OTHER??

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE....
    I'm shopping as well, so any recommendations are appreciated.
    Josť

Palm IIIx -> m505 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p
    I just ordered the 2500 model ($99.00). When it arrives and I give it a test run I'll post my findings.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prichmond
    FEATURES I NEED IN A CAR KIT:

1.) SECURELY HOLD AND CHARGE MY TREO 600 IN MY VEHICLE.

2.) HANDSFREE ANSWERING/PLACING OF PHONE CALLS.

3) SIMPLE INSTALLATION. I HAVE INSTALLED CAR STEREOS BEFORE, BUT WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE TO GO TO THAT LEVEL OF COMPLEXITY. IDEALLY, I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO INSTALL/UNINSTALL QUICKLY TO MOVE KIT FROM CAR TO CAR.

WHICH KIT DO I BUY? PALM ONE CAR KIT ($189) OR SEIDIO G2500 ($99) OR OTHER??

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE....
    WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING? FYI, internet etiquette (netiquette) considers all caps as shouting.
    i could advise you to buy the G2500 because it is very easy to mount/unmount
    it's also handsfree as there is an internal speaker and it holds securely your Treo 600
    Quote Originally Posted by fortin
    i could advise you to buy the G2500 because it is very easy to mount/unmount
    it's also handsfree as there is an internal speaker and it holds securely your Treo 600
    Thanks for the advice, I'll look further into it. I also wonder if there's a device that will make typing phone numbers easier because the Treo does not have voice dialing, and the Sprint voice dialing option is expensive and not very good for a non-native speaker.
    Josť

7.    #7  
    thanks fortin....

tropicaffair, looking forward to your opinions
    JFReyes : you can voice dial with a shareware like VoiceLauncher (http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=358)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortin
    JFReyes : you can voice dial with a shareware like VoiceLauncher (http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=358)
    Thanks for the tip! I'll download and try it now...
    Josť