Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by 98GSR
    It looks to me like "Backordered" status is further along than "Order Received".

So, it looks like the order #s are NOT sequential, because I'm order # 792602 (lower than burninggarden), and mine is still in "Order Received" status.
    Appears you're right I'm order #793385, so behind you, yet mine is 'backordered'.
    Im 788063
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Appears you're right I'm order #793385, so behind you, yet mine is 'backordered'.
    Is it possible that they are processing orders that are paying full price with no free headset first?

And then orders at full price with headset next?

Could explain difference in order numbers and status
    I did get the BT deal. Who knows, who cares. I am unsubscribing to this thread, just gonna wait till it gets here. I have no control over it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimHy
    Is it possible that they are processing orders that are paying full price with no free headset first?

And then orders at full price with headset next?

Could explain difference in order numbers and status
    What?! Did you set up an Outlook rule to automatically preorder for you when the notification came? I want mine tomorrow. :-( I'm 820391.
    Mine is at "Backordered" now.

Looks like Sprint is the holdup and not PalmOne though!

And again, Sprint could tell P1 to ship to the new subscribers 1st
    don't post your order number. someone *could* call and cancel your order ....
    Quote Originally Posted by delrey
    don't post your order number. someone *could* call and cancel your order ....
    Not exactly.
    Don't post your order number and your shipping address and your name, because that's what was asked of me when I cancelled.

You: I would like to cancel my order please.
    Palmone: O.k. I just need your order number and your treocentral login name please.

Highly unlikely.

...but you never know with palm1
  9. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdeshur
    I guess i'm not getting an autographed book!
    I ordered mine through TreoCentral on Monday, but lo and behold I just got an email from P1 offering me the 650 and BT headset. In the email they mentioned that the first 100 get the free book. Since the first 100 were already spoken for days ago, why would they continue to hold that out when they know that you have no chance of getting the book? Personally, I could care less about the book, but it looks like deceptive advertising.
    Quote Originally Posted by hub
    I ordered mine through TreoCentral on Monday, but lo and behold I just got an email from P1 offering me the 650 and BT headset. In the email they mentioned that the first 100 get the free book. Since the first 100 were already spoken for days ago, why would they continue to hold that out when they know that you have no chance of getting the book? Personally, I could care less about the book, but it looks like deceptive advertising.
    I assumed for the first 100 to upgrade using that link. No?
  11. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treosome
    I assumed for the first 100 to upgrade using that link. No?
    I would think so. From the other posts in this thread it would seem that they were past the first 100 by noon on Monday, so why keep offering it when they were already gone two days ago?
    true
    My number is 139281, i was told i was the first to order 11/07/2004 08:55:21 PM
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 98GSR
    Does your order status say "Order received" or "Backordered"?

Looks like you may be one of the lucky ones to be in on the shipment on Friday!
    I believe all orders start out as "Order received" until it is processed. Once it is processed, if they aren't shipping yet, it indicated "backordered."
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345