Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    My order number is 1519 and the web site says enroute to deliver tommorrow....!!!!!
    From palmone?!?!?
    Just messing with fragile minds here.....

Still holding out for GSM.......
    I have detailed files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    Just messing with fragile minds here.....

Still holding out for GSM.......
    I don't believe that the order numbers are sequential. I've never seen an order system that allows for sequentially based numbers and I ordered two of the new leather holsters for the Treo on two seperate orders and here were the numbers 749851 748521. The orders were placed on the P1 web site within seconds of each other so to assume that we have ordered 60,000 Treo's in one day when only 600K were sold totally over the last year........
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    If you go to the Order status, it shows ground shipping for everything, I hope thats just mistake, because it show free overnight shipping.
    PalmOne Customer Service says the "standard ground" shipping message for the orders that were placed with the free express shipping is an error and that the orders will receive express shipping.
    787892 for my original order at 3am mst and 792993 for my order with jabra headset.
    788612 was canceled and I reordered to get the headset. Now my number is 802255.

I can understand as a programmer why you don't want to change the order numbers but can't understand why you wouldn't be able to just add the headset to existing orders.

Not happy about moving to back in the line but guess the headset is worth it.

Bloody typical.

Pertinax
    I went from 789820 placed yesterday to 807611 when re-ordered today to get the BT headset. The good news is the agent indicated that shipment in general is to start on Friday
  11. OJM
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK2
    788324 for me.

I am so mad that they are refusing to allow me to upgrade my inital order to allow for the Jabra headset!

That's just crazy.

The guy I talked to did say that if enough people called and complained that they would likely make some kind of allowance. He also gave my PalmOne's Corporate Customer Service number, and he said I could try calling that. They're open 6am-5pm PST. I think everyone that ordered early, like I did, should call and make a stink.

The number is 847-493-7256

The consolation of the CSR I talked to was to tell me that "timing was not on our side on this one". He said that he'd already received a huge number of calls about this very issue, so hopefully that means we'll get somewhere.

Mike

I gave in and placed a second order. That number is 808109.

I spoke with another CSR last night that supposedly made a note on my first order to add the headset, but he said that it would "have to be approved" For now, I'll leave the first order in place. If the headset addition doesn't come through, then I'll cancel that one.

Mike
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    The order numbers can't be sequential. I just ordered 2 within 8 minutes of eachother, and the order numbers are 200 apart. Selling 200 treos in 8 minutes? I doubt it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jselkowe
    The order numbers can't be sequential. I just ordered 2 within 8 minutes of eachother, and the order numbers are 200 apart. Selling 200 treos in 8 minutes? I doubt it!!!
    The CSR that I spoke with last night seemed to think that, although there was a lot of activity with Pre-Orders, that canceling my original order and placing a new one wouldn't delay shipping by much, if any. That would agree with your thought.

Mike
    Maybe the numbers are for all orders not just Treo 650's
    I re-placed my order this morning to get the BT headphone and my new number is 807219.
    My order yesterday morning was 788767 and later that day (with wireless headset) was 793100. Guess I won't be receiving the book...
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Why dont you just keep both orders for another couple of days or until the first comes in?

I ordered one from Palm and the other from Sprint. Obviously the Sprint one is going back because PalmOne is $30 cheeper AND you get the free Jabra headset.
    Isn't it possible that there are orders being made for accessories and other palm products that are also raising the order numbers?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast