Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hahahahah
    Okay, Here is the number he "sold" to me.

866-343-1114 -- and say that you would like to order the new Treo 650.

I called the number and it is Sprint PCS sales.

Okay, I got scammed. I will definitely leave negative feedback and hopefully prevent anyone else from getting scammed, too. I guess he made at least 10 bucks off his scam.

Dare I try to take him up on his "guarantee"?
    Quote Originally Posted by rbright
    Okay, Here is the number he "sold" to me.

866-343-1114 -- and say that you would like to order the new Treo 650.

I called the number and it is Sprint PCS sales.

Okay, I got scammed. I will definitely leave negative feedback and hopefully prevent anyone else from getting scammed, too. I guess he made at least 10 bucks off his scam.

Dare I try to take him up on his "guarantee"?
    He emailed me back and said he would refund it...we'll see.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    If it looks too good to be true... it probably is. Hope you guys get your money back.
    Here's what I just got, we'll see...

"It looks like there was a mistake on my order from this morning.....
    I have been on the phone for about 10 minutes with this department and
    they
    are now telling me that the person who took my order was "new" and made
    a
    mistake when taking my order. My credit card was processed and
    everything.....I am very sorry for this confusion....trust me I am
    frustrated as well. I have been waiting patiently for the Treo 650 -
    just
    like you!

Sorry...Sorry...
    A full refund is on its way of course....

Have a Great Day!"
    actually, the fact that it was sprint was a small surprise to me, only because i was gonna guess it was either amazon or best buy's number he was selling...

and i just checked, the auction has ended. one thing you have to say about ebay and boards like this. they get a lot of scam auctions 'off the air'... ebay manages to be pretty strict, though of course they can't catch all the bad guys.

still the feedback system is the biggest revolution in retail in years. i have never been able to walk into a sears store and find out what % of their customers were happy with them!
    Last edited by aarons12; 11/08/2004 at 07:42 PM. Reason: added more thoughts
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Yes, but I emailed him 3 times before biting, and he told me he had already called to verify his order, that he was positive it was in stock and coming today.

He knew exactly what he was doing. Otherwise, why would he think he could make money by selling Sprint's phone number, when everyone in the world has been calling sprint all day and all of us would know if Sprint had the phones. Duh.
    and you still paid for it.
    Okay,
    I am doing it, sending him the money.

He has emailed me twice, sounds legit.

So, if you paypal me at rabright1@yahoo.com, then I will post the number. I promise not to collect more than $9 (throwing in my buck as well).

If it is a scam, don't leave me hanging with the full $10, please. Let's spread the risk, and spread the (hopeful) wealth of information. You guys really game?

Did you get your money back for taking the chance? I said I would paypal you a buck so if you didn't recover all your money, let me know... I'll send you a dollar and thanks for taking the risk!
    He refunded my 10 bucks. that was fun
    He has not refunded my money, yet. However, don't worry about the buck. Someone sent me a buck, and paypal kept 33 cents of it. Not worth the exchange, and not worth making paypal lots of money.

No big loss, maybe someone will share a serial number from an old treo of some kind and I can get the upgrade rebate.

Let's just set back for the 2 week wait.
    He has not refunded my money, yet. However, don't worry about the buck. Someone sent me a buck, and paypal kept 33 cents of it. Not worth the exchange, and not worth making paypal lots of money.

No big loss, maybe someone will share a serial number from an old treo of some kind and I can get the upgrade rebate.

Let's just set back for the 2 week wait.
    Check your paypal account. I didn't get an email but it shows up on my paypal acct.
    Ah, alas, I think I was able to halt the paypal payment, retract it or something.

I know if something is too good to be true, it usually is, but sometimes you just have to take a chance. It was pretty low risk, unless he has figured a way to hijack my paypal account now. :-(
    I had just pre ordered mine yesterday morning when I got an email from Palmone with an upgrade offer that included a free bluetooth headset. I called them up to see if I was going to get the free headset, not an unusual expectatoin as I had just ordered mine a few hours before, and was told I had to cancel and reorder to get the deal.

So I did.

The deal was:

Free Bluetooth Headset
    Free express shipping
    Free book if your one of the first 100 to upgrade. (Like I need another book)

Here is the link for those who didn't get the email.

http://web.palmone.com/promos/treo65...rce=aceupgrade

-Pertinax
    According to the website, it is there for the sole purpose of selling sprint pcs to current and retired IBM employees.
    What is the price?
    "The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing."

(Ganster Rap music in the background)

I think he's full of sh*t! If he was legit then he would post his number to begin with. That sucker! The silly mother f*cker. Taking peoples money for the Treo. We "O", should go, "YO" , and kick his *ss. Like drag him down the street. I mean really beat him. Psych'in us out without a doubt. Hopefully no one was taken because this *sshole was obviously fakin'..........

Never wrote rhyme before in my life! LOL .........
    Last edited by Triple xXx; 11/09/2004 at 12:12 PM.
  18.    #38  
    Ok, I just set up a PayPal account. If the guy does not refund your $$ let me know and I'll fix it.
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your paths.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12