Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by krock
    I tested the ringer on my 650 and it worked like a champ!! Thanks Geoff. Also the radio off and on has been working quite well (sure would love to have a weekday vs. weekend time off and on though). The screen options I have not been using due to the new features in the 650 for dimming, and while the buttons are a little tricky, I have been using some of them as well. Good update!
    krock,

I'm glad to hear it's working for you on the 650. If I get enough requests, I'll consider modifying the radio scheduling feature as you've requested. I considered doing so initially but opted for the simpler design to make the code less complex.

Thanks for the post.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  2.    #42  
    I've released a new beta version (1.6.01b) with some enhancements and bug fixes. The enhancements include:

- Keys that are not disabled can now silence the Pocket Tunes ringtone.
    - The 'Only off in Phone application' feature has been modified so that application switching is faster with this feature disabled.
    - TreoGuard can now detect if a headset is connected/disconnected during a call and either enable/disable alarms accordingly if the 'Only when no headset' feature is checked.

You can download the beta from here or use the 'Updates & Support' menu item in TreoGuard.

Let me know if you have any questions or issues with this beta.

As always, thanks for using TreoGuard!

Geoff
    Just downloaded the 1.6.01b onto a T600 and cannot get ringer to play from the P-Tunes Deluxe.

I have TG - enabled
    "Use P-Tunes for Ringtone" - checked
    File - Selected Song of Choice
    Pressed - Test

It may be playing, but I just can't hear it. When I go to check P-Tunes everything plays fine. When I check my regular ringers everything plays fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Geoff:

I second the request for a weekday / weekend radio timing feature. I currently use TreoHelper for this feature (and one other). If TG could incorporate these features, I could lose another app, which can only help stability.

The other feature is a network timeout. With TreoHelper, I can set the network to disconnect after a certain time of non-use. Actually, with TH I can set separate timeouts for gray arrows, green arrows and no service. But I think a network disconnect after x minutes of gray arrows would be adequate. To be clear: By network disconnect I don't mean the radio, but rather the data connection. I find that having the data connection active seems to drain the battery a lot faster, even if I'm not actively using it (gray arrows).

I'm going to download the latest beta now. Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Just downloaded the 1.6.01b onto a T600 and cannot get ringer to play from the P-Tunes Deluxe.

I have TG - enabled
    "Use P-Tunes for Ringtone" - checked
    File - Selected Song of Choice
    Pressed - Test

It may be playing, but I just can't hear it. When I go to check P-Tunes everything plays fine. When I check my regular ringers everything plays fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    treosixoo,

I've sent you a PM with information on a custom build to help debug this.

Geoff
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Geoff:

I second the request for a weekday / weekend radio timing feature. I currently use TreoHelper for this feature (and one other). If TG could incorporate these features, I could lose another app, which can only help stability.

The other feature is a network timeout. With TreoHelper, I can set the network to disconnect after a certain time of non-use. Actually, with TH I can set separate timeouts for gray arrows, green arrows and no service. But I think a network disconnect after x minutes of gray arrows would be adequate. To be clear: By network disconnect I don't mean the radio, but rather the data connection. I find that having the data connection active seems to drain the battery a lot faster, even if I'm not actively using it (gray arrows).

I'm going to download the latest beta now. Thanks,
    I'll look into both suggestions.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    I'll look into both suggestions.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    I second those suggestions. More radio control options and control over the data connection would be great features! It's always nice to minimize utilities that I have installed and keep them from tripping over each other
    One more suggestion for radio control: turn off the radio when the signal quality is below X for X minutes, then try every X minutes to reconnect. TreoHelper has something similar but seems to only disconnect when there is NO signal. When my Treo is in a very low signal area where the phone *almost* works, it runs the battery down very quickly (even with the TreoHelper options on).
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Geoff -

Any updates on the green arrow/grey arrow disconnect functionality? This would be a huge help for Treo 600 users on VZW. VZW's data network unnecessarily pings the treo when you have a data connection. My situation is slightly different than MeyerWeb's - I want to keep a data connection on at all times, but my preference is for the connection to be dormant (grey arrows) as opposed to active (Green arrows). My experience with VZW has been when the network pings the Treo, connectivity turns active (Green arrows), but calls cannot go through. If i am sending or receiving an email I don't mind the data connection being active. But if I just have my email online (I use Chatter) I don't want to miss calls, thus my need to eliminate the unnecessary shifts to an active (green arrow) data connection from a dormant connection (Grey arrows).

With respect to battery life, I only see a significant drain when I go to green arrows. Grey arrow battery drainage is not an issue. I have used FileZ to measure the differences.

If you can get this functionality working, you will have an army of VZW T600 users lining up to buy this app.

Thanks
    I downloaded and tried this. But how do I keep the power button from hanging up the phone call? where is this pocket protection? I want to put my phone back in my pocket/holster without fear of hanging up.

Thanks
    Geoff,

you're doing an excellent job, be encouraged it will pay off!

We all need a little dirt (life's events) to grow!
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone
    I downloaded and tried this. But how do I keep the power button from hanging up the phone call? where is this pocket protection? I want to put my phone back in my pocket/holster without fear of hanging up.

Thanks
    smartphone,

The best way to do this (for now) is to assign the 'Volume Up' or 'Volume Down' action to the 'Screen/Power' key. This will cause the red phone button to adjust the call volume rather than hang up the call. Once I release a more Treo 650 friendly version of TreoGuard, this should no longer be necessary.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

Geoff
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaynesworld
    Geoff,

you're doing an excellent job, be encouraged it will pay off!
    Thanks!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123