Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53
  1. #21  
    Geoff,

    in TreoGuard I set up the calendar button to the action Toggle Speaker when doing a phone call. Now, when I try to do this, the phone app indeed toggles the speaker, but then jumps to hold, presses it, jumps back to hang up, presses it, and gone is my connection - finally the Treo switches to the mapped application (Today 2.2 in my case). I guess that's not supposed to function like that?

    Another issue, this time with with CallFilter: After reading some other threads I found out that I have to disable the CallFilter option "Disable other keys from silencing the ringer" to get the action "Volume up -> answer call" back working. However, "Volume down -> ignore call" still doesn't work. I have TreoButler and its volume keys remapping in use - still, volume up works for answering calls, but not volume down.

    Anything I can do or try out to get those things working correctly?

    Jav.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Javigator
    Geoff,

    in TreoGuard I set up the calendar button to the action Toggle Speaker when doing a phone call. Now, when I try to do this, the phone app indeed toggles the speaker, but then jumps to hold, presses it, jumps back to hang up, presses it, and gone is my connection - finally the Treo switches to the mapped application (Today 2.2 in my case). I guess that's not supposed to function like that?
    Good guess. This appears to be a bug. Fortunately, I have a fix and will make it available in the next release. I hope to have a new beta soon.

    Another issue, this time with with CallFilter: After reading some other threads I found out that I have to disable the CallFilter option "Disable other keys from silencing the ringer" to get the action "Volume up -> answer call" back working. However, "Volume down -> ignore call" still doesn't work. I have TreoButler and its volume keys remapping in use - still, volume up works for answering calls, but not volume down.
    I'm not sure about this one. I'll look into it.

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  3. #23  
    Toggle Speaker action seams to be badly broken (I wonder that nobody else reported it so far). Call a number and Toggle Speaker via hardware button while the phone still rings... the speaker will be toggled, but after that the focus jumps to the mute button and toggles it on and off and on and off and... <insert unlimited repeats here>.
    However, Toggle Mute action works, as far as I can see.

    Jav.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Javigator
    Toggle Speaker action seams to be badly broken (I wonder that nobody else reported it so far). Call a number and Toggle Speaker via hardware button while the phone still rings... the speaker will be toggled, but after that the focus jumps to the mute button and toggles it on and off and on and off and... <insert unlimited repeats here>.
    However, Toggle Mute action works, as far as I can see.

    Jav.
    Actually, it's so badly broken that I deserve the blame for not having caught the bug before releasing.

    Expect a new beta release soon...

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  5. #25  
    Hey Geoff:

    I think I made this suggestion a long time ago, and you thought it sounded like a good idea at the time, but it's never shown up in your product.

    How about an option to mute alarms during phone calls? They're really load and annoying to the person on the other end of the phone.

    Hobbyist software offers this in one of their products, but I'd really rather NOT load yet another utitility that for the most part duplicates functions of TreoGuard.

    What do you think?

    Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Hey Geoff:

    I think I made this suggestion a long time ago, and you thought it sounded like a good idea at the time, but it's never shown up in your product.

    How about an option to mute alarms during phone calls? They're really load and annoying to the person on the other end of the phone.

    Hobbyist software offers this in one of their products, but I'd really rather NOT load yet another utitility that for the most part duplicates functions of TreoGuard.

    What do you think?

    Thanks,
    Bob,

    This will be in the next beta (coming soon). Stay tuned...

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  7. #27  
    Geoff,

    Should I be able to use the side buttons to change the volume during a call even when the screen has been turned off (either by me or TG)? I have the buttons' "Action" set as "default" which I thought would be for the volume, but it's not working during a call...
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    Geoff,

    Should I be able to use the side buttons to change the volume during a call even when the screen has been turned off (either by me or TG)? I have the buttons' "Action" set as "default" which I thought would be for the volume, but it's not working during a call...
    talkin73,

    Unfortunately, the volume keys are not enabled when the screen is turned off. This is an OS issue that has no workaround that i'm aware of. If you'd like to adjust the volume during a call with the screen off, you'll have to assign the volume up/down actions to two of the application buttons.

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  9. #29  
    Thanks Geoff. I'm glad TG has been reasonably stable. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the screen off feature activated. I want to test a bit and see the difference in power drain between backlight off (treo 650 default setting) and screen totally off (TG option). If it's similar, I may just stick with dimming... thought it might be nice if TG were modified to add more robust control over this feature?
  10. #30  
    I'm having trouble with the screen staying off. If I turn if off manually or it turns off automaticaly about a minute later it turns back on by itself. Any ideas??? Great program!!!

    Craig
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    Thanks Geoff. I'm glad TG has been reasonably stable. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the screen off feature activated. I want to test a bit and see the difference in power drain between backlight off (treo 650 default setting) and screen totally off (TG option). If it's similar, I may just stick with dimming... thought it might be nice if TG were modified to add more robust control over this feature?
    talkin73,

    I'm interested to hear the results of your test. Please post here or PM me when you have an idea of the differences.

    Also, can you clarify what you mean when you say you'd like 'more robust control over this feature'?

    Thanks,
    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgroftmc
    I'm having trouble with the screen staying off. If I turn if off manually or it turns off automaticaly about a minute later it turns back on by itself. Any ideas??? Great program!!!

    Craig
    Craig,

    Thanks for trying TreoGuard. Can you give me a little more information about your TreoGuard settings? Also, what version of TreoGuard are you using? I presume from the fact that your posting in this thread that it's version 1.5.03, but I want to be sure.

    On a general note, with the screen off feature, any application that sets an alarm that happens to occur while the screen is off (whether displayed or not) can cause the screen to turn back on unexpectedly. This will be addressed in the next release with a feature to disable alarms during calls.

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    talkin73,

    I'm interested to hear the results of your test. Please post here or PM me when you have an idea of the differences.

    Also, can you clarify what you mean when you say you'd like 'more robust control over this feature'?

    Thanks,
    Geoff
    It's hard to give actual power drain time because my phone usage varies every day. I think a truly accurate assessment comparing auto-dim only vs auto-dim (built-in) + auto screen off (via TG) would involve both a battery monitor, overall usage monitor, and phone usage monitor... but, for a general feel, it appears I get modestly improved battery life when I activate the auto screen off (via TG) in addition to auto-dim. Modifying the auto-dim might allow users to specify how long until this occurs (vs the built-in default time). Nothing fancy, just more user-defined control.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    Craig,

    Thanks for trying TreoGuard. Can you give me a little more information about your TreoGuard settings? Also, what version of TreoGuard are you using? I presume from the fact that your posting in this thread that it's version 1.5.03, but I want to be sure.

    On a general note, with the screen off feature, any application that sets an alarm that happens to occur while the screen is off (whether displayed or not) can cause the screen to turn back on unexpectedly. This will be addressed in the next release with a feature to disable alarms during calls.

    Geoff
    I would REALLY like this feature... but ONLY if it suspended alarms, not eliminated or dismissed them.
  15. #35  
    Geoff, thanks for the quick response. I'm using the latest ver of treoguard. I dont use the radio or keys features. The screen is set for 5 sec turn off and all the boxes are checked. The only thing that I can think may be causing the problem is my Snapper Mail is set to check mail every 20 mins. It seems like the problem occurs more frequently after snapper checks the mail. Example: troeguard works fine until snapper checks mail. After that the screen turns on every 1 minute or so. Thanks again for the help.


    Craig
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    I would REALLY like this feature... but ONLY if it suspended alarms, not eliminated or dismissed them.
    talkin73,

    The new feature suspends the alarms and will allow them to display normally when the call ends. Seel below for details on how to get the new beta that includes this feature.

    Quote Originally Posted by cgroftmc
    Geoff, thanks for the quick response. I'm using the latest ver of treoguard. I dont use the radio or keys features. The screen is set for 5 sec turn off and all the boxes are checked. The only thing that I can think may be causing the problem is my Snapper Mail is set to check mail every 20 mins. It seems like the problem occurs more frequently after snapper checks the mail. Example: troeguard works fine until snapper checks mail. After that the screen turns on every 1 minute or so. Thanks again for the help.

    Craig
    Craig,

    I think the next version will fix this for you. You can try it now by selecting 'Updates & Support' from the TreoGuard 'Options' menu. The page will provide a link to the new beta release (1.6b). Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  17.    #37  
    Hi everyone,

    In case you didn't notice in the post above, I have made a new beta version of TreoGuard available. The new version includes the following new features and enhancements:

    1. Pocket Tunes ringtones.
    2. Disabling of alarms during calls.
    3. Screen off feature is enhanced to handle incoming calls when already on a call.
    4. A new combined Ignore/Hang Up action is available in addition to the separate Ignore and Hang Up actions.
    5. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

    Please try the new beta and let me know how it works for you. You can get it here or download it right from your device by selecting 'Updates & Support' from the 'Options' menu, which will present you with a download link. You must have 1.5.03 installed for the second method to work.

    If you have any questions or issues, please let me know.

    Thanks for using TreoGuard!

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  18. #38  
    Geoff, The Treo 650 seems a little differnet then the 600, it might be different enough to make a 650 version, or perhaps just leave certain features of the TreoGuard off (deselected). The first thing I noticed is after a brief delay, the 650 will turn off the backlight. Where the 600 would dim, the 650 seems to turn the backlight all the way off. Let me get more famuilar with it and I'll give you some more feedback. Perhaps the later of the two solutions is the best, just not select certain feature when used with the 650?
    Thansk again, Matt
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Geoff, The Treo 650 seems a little differnet then the 600, it might be different enough to make a 650 version, or perhaps just leave certain features of the TreoGuard off (deselected). The first thing I noticed is after a brief delay, the 650 will turn off the backlight. Where the 600 would dim, the 650 seems to turn the backlight all the way off. Let me get more famuilar with it and I'll give you some more feedback. Perhaps the later of the two solutions is the best, just not select certain feature when used with the 650?
    Thansk again, Matt
    Matt,

    Thanks for the info. I've gotten a few reports from Treo 650 users but haven't yet had anyone fully test TreoGuard. I look forward to your feedback.

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  20. #40  
    I tested the ringer on my 650 and it worked like a champ!! Thanks Geoff. Also the radio off and on has been working quite well (sure would love to have a weekday vs. weekend time off and on though). The screen options I have not been using due to the new features in the 650 for dimming, and while the buttons are a little tricky, I have been using some of them as well. Good update!
    yep.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions