Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Did anyone else notice that Sprint will charge a $36 ESN swap fee when you buy the 650 through Palm One's website? I would assume that if you buy it directly from Sprint, they dont charge this, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by dean2526
    Did anyone else notice that Sprint will charge a $36 ESN swap fee when you buy the 650 through Palm One's website? I would assume that if you buy it directly from Sprint, they dont charge this, correct?
    Does this mean they will imprint your existing ESN on the 650, thus permanently disabling your 600?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Does this mean they will imprint your existing ESN on the 650, thus permanently disabling your 600?
    No...the 650 will have a new ESN, thus enabling your 600 to be used by some else.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    No...the 650 will have a new ESN, thus enabling your 600 to be used by some else.
    Well, then what is the purpose of the ESn swap fee - to pay for the headset?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I noticed that too. I called Sprint with *2, they said if I call from the new phone with *2, they can activate it for free, I hope this is true when I get the 650.
  6.    #6  
    Spoke w/P1 Rep who didn't even know about the $36 fee. He suggested that if I "complain enough" if they try and charge the fee, Sprint would likely waive it. That's exactly what I intend to do, as that is BS.
    Sprint only charges the $36 activation fee when you initially activate your first line of service. They used to charge for an ESN swap but ended that tardanic practice more than a year ago. My suggestion: call 800-658-7564 to do the ESN swap. They have authority to credit accounts and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    Sprint only charges the $36 activation fee when you initially activate your first line of service. They used to charge for an ESN swap but ended that tardanic practice more than a year ago. My suggestion: call 800-658-7564 to do the ESN swap. They have authority to credit accounts and such.
    Fuhrman promoting the use of "tardanic"! Love seeing that used in the proper context.
    my experience with ESN swaps fees has been that if you just call and ask to swap to "this new phone I got" they will charge you $35. But if you call and say you're switchin BACK to a phone that was sent for servicing, they don't charge the fee.

This experience is from about a year ago.

Not sure how you can pull this off with a 650 when it just came out, but you can try...maybe the rep won't know.

And maybe like one of the posters above said, they stopped charging for that.

Makes you really want to go GSM doesn't it..where you just need to swap out the sim-chip and you don't need their favors...
    Tardanic isn't a word according to Webster's.
    I have switched phones several times on sprint and never heard anything about this fee... You can switch phones without actually speaking to a live person using their automated system...

They did at one time, do not anymore.

What is the definition for tardanic anyway?
    titanic retard=tardanic
    Quote Originally Posted by treorunner
    titanic retard=tardanic
    I think tardanic is a tardanic word. There's no logical way to get the "tar" in "tardanic" from that contraction. "Titardic" would be much closer to such a contraction.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I think tardanic is a tardanic word. There's no logical way to get the "tar" in "tardanic" from that contraction. "Titardic" would be much closer to such a contraction.
    Oh....My.... God....
    I've switched phones many times w/o having to pay any fees.

However, everytime I switch, I do so by talking to a customer rep. Horsmanp - can you tell me how you used their automated system to switch phones on your own? I listened to all of the options on their automated prompt (888-211-4727) but didn't hear any option for this.
    Never had Sprint charge for changing phones and I have changed for new phone, stolen phone (went back to an old phone), didn't like a phone, swapped phones with my wife......never been charged though I ask every time to be sure! I think they may have at one time, but not anymore. Probably keep it in writing so they CAN inforce if they think someone is abusing the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    Oh....My.... God....
    Titantard is the accurate one.
    Tardanic isn't a word according to Webster's.

It is according to me, becuase I invented it.

And it works for anyone that uses it.

There are many word in used that are not in Webster's
    Bmac, you are incorrect. Completely.

"Tard" is a short form of "retard". This is slang.

So, "tardanic" works perfectly.

Even better, since a "d" can sound like a "d" or "t", you can say it either way:

"tar-dan-ik", or "tar-tan-ik"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast