Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey gang,
    Just got this email from palm one:

Loyal palmOne customers,

As a special thank you for your continued support, we have a palmOne.com exclusive offer on our new Treo 650 smartphone. Pre-order yours today with or without a Sprint service plan and you'll receive a FREE Bluetooth® headset with your order ($99 value). Plus, if you're one of the first 100 people to place your order, you'll also receive a FREE autographed copy of Jeff Hawkins' ground breaking new book On Intelligence.

Plus, you'll get FREE express shipping on your entire order to help make sure you're one of the first on your block to receive your new device. So visit palmOne.com to order your Treo 650 smartphone and take advantage of this great offer. But you'll want to act fast -- offer is only good for a limited time, and only at palmOne.com.

I ordered last night before this came to light. Hope I get it. Don't really care for the Hawkin's book. Wonder how much I'll get on ebay for the book? Cover price plus $5?
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    just got the same email.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Treosome: You may want to cancel your old order and place a new one. As it is now, you won't received the bluetooth headset.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    just got the same email.
    WTF. It asks for a serial # of your old device, a la handspring upgrade rebate from last year. That means no headset for me, nor the book, since mine was sold on ebay last week.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by idlepaw
    Treosome: You may want to cancel your old order and place a new one. As it is now, you won't received the bluetooth headset.

Damn, Damn. Shoulda at least wrote down the serial # before I sold it.
    I placed my order early this morning (before the upgrade offer). I called sales and they said they can't modify the exisiting order and that I'll need to cancel my previous order and re-order. Also, they can't cancel my order until this evening because it's not in the system?
    IS THIS THE TRUTH...if so, they have me sold!!!!!!
    I placed my order this morning, too. When I entered my HS SN a little bit ago, it said it would add the Jabra headset to my order... do you think I need to re-order now or will it be automatically added to my previous order?!
    I think you need to re-order. I don't think that will transfer to your original order. That's what the P1 rep told me 10 minutes ago.
    What if Sprint offers a larger discount to upgrade? The earpiece is worth $99.
    The P1 rep just told me to wait a few days to cancel, because they are so swamped with orders they can't even "bring up the screen" to cancel the order. Not sure what that exactly means, but sounds like there's a pretty high demand! Anyway, I guess I have 2 orders in now...
    Can someone please confirm that they are getting the headset as well....Ask the rep while you are on the phone....
    palmone is pushing this deal pretty hard, so it is looking to be legit:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...227#post450227
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Nooooo!!!!
  15.    #15  
    phewwww, it's a good thing I sold my bro-in-law into buying a treo 600 a month ago. Gave him a call and used his serial # for the upgrade offer. Meanwhile, he's still getting acquainted with his new toy; treo 600

Just got off the phone with p1 about cancelling the previous order and was told to wait til 10pm tonight as it's not in the system yet.

Wonder if I was still one of first 100 orders
    About to 'click' the order button and wondering what comes with it, i.e. charger, etc. What chargers do I need to buy separately? car, home, computer???
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Can anyone direct me to the P1 page that allows you to purchase via the Upgrade path ? I didn't get an e-mail, and can't find the page that asks you for the existing S/N.
  18.    #18  
    Once you follow the "upgrade" link on the email, you'll be asked for a serial number. Then, if it's legit you'll see a message that reads something like "your upgrade offer has been activated". Now, if you follow the pre-order option, and fill in your info, you should see the jabra freespeak at $0 show up in your shopping cart.

treojunkie quotes: I placed my order this morning, too. When I entered my HS SN a little bit ago, it said it would add the Jabra headset to my order... do you think I need to re-order now or will it be automatically added to my previous order?!

So, answer is no.
    It does come with an a/c charger and a synch cable. Seemed obvious, but you never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by KKenna
    Can anyone direct me to the P1 page that allows you to purchase via the Upgrade path ? I didn't get an e-mail, and can't find the page that asks you for the existing S/N.
    http://palmonenewsletters.com/m/S.as...4208393X515149

That's the link from my email.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast